Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No people bear collective guilt for things that only a certain subset did.
Are you saying that we aren't responsible for what our ancestors did? That's quite a switch.

I didn't blame the current Arabs or Palestinians by the way. It was thier ancestors that bare the guilt for it. If the ancestors would have left the Jews alone the Jews wouldn't be where they are. In fact the Jews returned a lot if the land they took.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Colleges and universities are also places for personal development and understanding ones role in society and responsibility for others. Frankly, paying the price of "feeling unsafe while learning" is a considerably smaller price than that being paid by the dead on either side in the current M.E. fracas. I'm not shedding any tears for any poor student whose complaceny is disrupted by colleagues responsible enough to protest on behalf of those who don't have the luxury of a generally peaceful education. I look to Ghandi for how to behave in these instances.
These kid's won't and don't have any effect on the ME situation. All they are doing is creating a disturbance for others for no reason. I'm not shedding a tear for any of them who are arrested.

These dumb kids are far removed from Ghandi or MLK. They were protesting in ways that actually had an effect on thier own people and in someone who could actually have an effect. The kids are doing nothing of the sort.

The war against Hamas will go on until Israel has either achieved its goals or concludes that they have done all they can. Either way it won't be because some college kids in the US disrupted classes for other kids in the US.

These kuds are spoiled brats who probably won't amount to anything once they are out.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal

University of Mississippi opens student conduct probe after confrontation between Black student and counterprotesters

The University of Mississippi has opened a student conduct investigation after actions of “hostility and racist overtones” were portrayed during a demonstration on campus.

About 30 pro-Palestinian protesters were demonstrating in a barricaded zone when they were surrounded by an estimated 200 counterprotesters, some holding American flags, several Trump flags and some dressed in red, white, and blue.

Jaylin R. Smith, 24, confirmed to CNN she is the woman seen in the video.

“One thing that will never break me is people taunting me or making monkey noises at me,” the journalism and new media graduate student told CNN on Friday.

Smith said she is disappointed the confrontation has become the topic of conversation now, rather than a ceasefire in Gaza.

Time to flip this around. At the time, I was saying the protestors might face punishment from their schools for hate speech directed at Jewish students, despite hate speech being protected speech. But what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
It's interesting that everyone thinks 30 protesters are making any difference at all. When we saw 6x more against them and what they were doing.

No one should be specifically be saying racist or bigoted things to others.

Counter protesting and taunting each other is fine. It's the Amrrican way and a part of our freedom of speech. But if you are on a college campus there are code of conduct rules that need to be followed by everyone. And if you are hollering racial slurs then you deserve to be suspended. Doesnt matter what side you are on.

But if you as a college are going to allow one side to break the rules then you have nothing to say if the other side does as well.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟72,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The forecast for the future has been contained in the Holy Scriptures since they were began to be recorded and yet, as a people, we ignore them. The world hates Yahova for His sovereignty and they despise His Chosen equally.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol they don't even know if they gave a grievance. They are disrupting tge entire campus for other students on things they don't even know about. They might as we be disrupting things over their universities doing business with Martians.
Oh, they’re “protesting wrongly!”?
Okay, fair enough, move along, nothing-to-see-here.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's interesting that everyone thinks 30 protesters are making any difference at all. When we saw 6x more against them and what they were doing.

Very often the “correct” thing and the “popular” thing are not the same, and it takes a great deal of courage to be in the minority.
No one should be specifically be saying racist or bigoted things to others.

Counter protesting and taunting each other is fine. It's the Amrrican way and a part of our freedom of speech. But if you are on a college campus there are code of conduct rules that need to be followed by everyone. And if you are hollering racial slurs then you deserve to be suspended. Doesnt matter what side you are on.

But if you as a college are going to allow one side to break the rules then you have nothing to say if the other side does as well.
Which “rules” are enforced, where/when conflict arises is the job of the Institutions’ leadership, which tend to skew things for what is “best for our institution”.
Mistakes will be made, certainly.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
These kid's won't and don't have any effect on the ME situation. All they are doing is creating a disturbance for others for no reason. I'm not shedding a tear for any of them who are arrested.

These dumb kids are far removed from Ghandi or MLK. They were protesting in ways that actually had an effect on thier own people and in someone who could actually have an effect. The kids are doing nothing of the sort.

The war against Hamas will go on until Israel has either achieved its goals or concludes that they have done all they can. Either way it won't be because some college kids in the US disrupted classes for other kids in the US.

These kuds are spoiled brats who probably won't amount to anything once they are out.
I think you have missed my point. I'll put that down to a poorly expressed argument on my part. Your characterisation of young people who seem to be sufficiently energised to care about others, even if their expression of this concern is misguided, is duly noted. I don't know any of them. I've not heard any of them speak, or read anything they have written, so I can't comment on how spoiled they are, or how empty their future is. I have a more positive view, but that may be simple, or even simplistic, naivety.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,741.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't realize we were responsible for the actions of a mob 2000 years ago, assuming your bible is accurate about the incident. I wonder how this squares with:

Deuteronomy 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death because of sons, nor shall sons be put to death because of fathers; each man shall be put to death for his own transgression."

Deut. 24:16 is speaking to the people to not punish the fathers/sons with DEATH because of the others sins.

Deuteronomy 5:9 ESV / 467 helpful votes​

You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,​

John 19​

New Living Translation​

Jesus Sentenced to Death​

4 Pilate went outside again and said to the people, “I am going to bring him out to you now, but understand clearly that I find him not guilty.” 5 Then Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate said, “Look, here is the man!”

6 When they saw him, the leading priests and Temple guards began shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”

“Take him yourselves and crucify him,” Pilate said. “I find him not guilty.”

7 The Jewish leaders replied, “By our law he ought to die because he called himself the Son of God.”

8 When Pilate heard this, he was more frightened than ever. 9 He took Jesus back into the headquarters[a] again and asked him, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave no answer. 10 “Why don’t you talk to me?” Pilate demanded. “Don’t you realize that I have the power to release you or crucify you?”

11 Then Jesus said, “You would have no power over me at all unless it were given to you from above. So the one who handed me over to you has the greater sin.”

12 Then Pilate tried to release him, but the Jewish leaders shouted, “If you release this man, you are no ‘friend of Caesar.’[b] Anyone who declares himself a king is a rebel against Caesar.”

13 When they said this, Pilate brought Jesus out to them again. Then Pilate sat down on the judgment seat on the platform that is called the Stone Pavement (in Hebrew, Gabbatha). 14 It was now about noon on the day of preparation for the Passover. And Pilate said to the people,[c] “Look, here is your king!”

15 “Away with him,” they yelled. “Away with him! Crucify him!”

“What? Crucify your king?” Pilate asked.

“We have no king but Caesar,” the leading priests shouted back.

16 Then Pilate turned Jesus over to them to be crucified.

Yep, sounds like the majority of the people in that courtyard were screaming for blood. As the entire people were Saved by God (worthy and unworthy together) from Egypt so were they punished by Him for rejecting their Messiah. The the Jews have been paying for that action throughout the world wherever they settled since then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,741.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are encountering something called "Replacement theology", the belief by some Christians that G-d has discarded the Jews and given Christians his covenant
Nowhere will you ever find me supporting replacement theology, ever. God has made promises to the Jews that are yet to be fulfilled and God ALWAYS keeps his promises to us even when we don't keep ours to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,741.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No people bear collective guilt for things that only a certain subset did.
Whew, that's a relief. Now I can quit feeling guilty for slavery ever existing. Blacks can go find someone else to blame now......as well as all the other atrocities we supposedly visited on others and yet decades and centuries later continue to have hate and scorn heaped on us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Oh, they’re “protesting wrongly!”?
Okay, fair enough, move along, nothing-to-see-here.
Way to miss the point. Did you do that on purpose? I would think if you wanted to protest something like your college doing business with something you don't agree with you'd first find out if they actually are. Otherwise you look just like these kid's do. Foolish.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Very often the “correct” thing and the “popular” thing are not the same, and it takes a great deal of courage to be in the minority.
That's true, but if your going to be in the minority and protest something you should probably know if you are actually make demands on something that is actually happening to find out if it's the correct thing or not. Otherwise you just show your stupidity. Correct thing? How do they even know? They don't.

They are protesting their college, which has nothing to do with the ME war. Yup, pure stupidity.
Which “rules” are enforced, where/when conflict arises is the job of the Institutions’ leadership, which tend to skew things for what is “best for our institution”.
Mistakes will be made, certainly.
Yup it's up to them. Hope they do it right.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think you have missed my point. I'll put that down to a poorly expressed argument on my part. Your characterisation of young people who seem to be sufficiently energised to care about others, even if their expression of this concern is misguided, is duly noted. I don't know any of them. I've not heard any of them speak, or read anything they have written, so I can't comment on how spoiled they are, or how empty their future is. I have a more positive view, but that may be simple, or even simplistic, naivety.
I've had some direct contact with some of them. They are usually radicals with an eye to activism. Most of them.are spoiled and on their way to an activism lifestyle. Unless of course they are purely anti-semtic which some definitely are.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Whew, that's a relief. Now I can quit feeling guilty for slavery ever existing. Blacks can go find someone else to blame now......as well as all the other atrocities we supposedly visited on others and yet decades and centuries later continue to have hate and scorn heaped on us.
Maybe after another thousand years of the desperate anguish white people face, more of them will come to sympathize with the Jews for the unearned and misdirected animosity directed at them.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Way to miss the point. Did you do that on purpose? I would think if you wanted to protest something like your college doing business with something you don't agree with you'd first find out if they actually are. Otherwise you look just like these kid's do. Foolish.
We agree that they’re politically naive.
Thanks though to the shot-acrost-the-bow.
Have a great evening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,741.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe after another thousand years of the desperate anguish white people face, more of them will come to sympathize with the Jews for the unearned and misdirected animosity directed at them.
I have no animosity towards Jews at all. God is quite capable of meting out punishment to those who have violated his precepts without any assistance from me.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The Bible also does not discuss racism or any other number of specific topics like global warming. It speaks of Gids thoughts and God's actions. It's very clear that God puts the rejection a n d death of the Messiah onto the Jews of the day. And when you take in what else God has done when the Jews rejected him and his ways it's clear generations have suffered for the sins of thier fathers.

What is going in now is that the Jews have gotten tbier homeland back. They stole nothing. That's nothing more than leftist western thought. God promised it. This is in preparation for what's coming. The great Day of the Lord could not come until Israel was reinstated. The Bible even declairs the Jews won't believe until the end. Did you somehow believe we support Israel because they believe in the Messiah now? No we support them because God has declared what is going to happen and that Israel will be the center piece. We are getting closer to the Second Coming and I for one am excited for it. The salvation of Jews is coming.

So while the Jews are responsible for Christ's death and they still don't support the Messiah they are still central to the coming of our Lord and their re-establishment into the Land of Thier Fathers is part of that.
So that means that we are supposed to run our foreign policy, particularly our policy towards Israel, on the eschatological fantasies of the Christian Right?

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,741.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So that means that we are supposed to run our foreign policy, particularly our policy towards Israel, on the eschatological fantasies of the Christian Right?
No, the secular world is going to continue to base its policies on the secular beliefs, wants, and desires of its people and leaders. However that same secular world is going to suffer for its' rejection of Messiah, as the Jews have done during the Diaspora, and as described by Jesus in Matthew.

Matthew 24:1-22 NKJV

Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple​

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age​

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, [b]pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Great Tribulation​

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, the secular world is going to continue to base its policies on the secular beliefs, wants, and desires of its people and leaders. However that same secular world is going to suffer for its' rejection of Messiah, as the Jews have done during the Diaspora, and as described by Jesus in Matthew.

Matthew 24:1-22 NKJV

Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple​

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age​

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, [b]pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Great Tribulation​

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Yes, that's what I was referring to.

Upvote 0