Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have decided that I will try to look to Jesus and not myself despite my conscience being seared badly and the deliberate evil thoughts against God. I have looked to myself my whole life. Time to change that.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,008.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good plan. The first person to put their will before the will of God was Eve in the Garden and it has been downhill ever since. Look at all the division in the world today, a direct result of self interest rather than doing the will of God which is to love all as self, think of the effect of our actions on others, not just self.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not a Christian, I am completely numb to my sin. So sad. I’ve been numb to it for years. I think God had turned me over to a reprobate mind (hardened my heart) perhaps around a decade ago I don’t know. I get deliberate evil thoughts against God’s spirit when I read about Him. I don’t think I have a demon problem. I get condemnation when I read about Him as well. I don’t know how to describe it it’s a condemning feeling. When I read about Christ I get very resistant to it. I’ve actually been seeking Him for several months now. Should I keep reading about him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,008.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That seems to be quite common. I know many people who have never had connections with any God related religion, immediately get angered at the mention of God. Seems odd if they know not what they rebel against, but at the same time one gets the impression there is either a misunderstanding or fear of the unknown.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a Christian, I am completely numb to my sin. So sad. I’ve been numb to it for years. I think God had turned me over to a reprobate mind (hardened my heart) perhaps around a decade ago I don’t know. I get deliberate evil thoughts against God’s spirit when I read about Him. I don’t think I have a demon problem. I get condemnation when I read about Him as well. I don’t know how to describe it it’s a condemning feeling. When I read about Christ I get very resistant to it. I’ve actually been seeking Him for several months now. Should I keep reading about him?

yes keep seeking. The condemnation is God showing you your status without Him. The thoughts are the devil or the flesh doing what they do to keep you away from Jesus. You seeking: listen to our words- God is telling you the way to Him. He is the answer. You are in a battle but you are not sided with Christ. Yes look to Jesus. You are sad about your sin!

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
yes keep seeking. The condemnation is God showing you your status without Him. The thoughts are the devil or the flesh doing what they do to keep you away from Jesus. You seeking: listen to our words- God is telling you the way to Him. He is the answer. You are in a battle but you are not sided with Christ. Yes look to Jesus. You are sad about your sin!
I am not moved by anything no matter how much I will myself to read about God. I’ve never had a inner drawing from God. I’ve always known Him from the outside. I am not really sad about my sin. I am “sad” intellectually. It’s all intellectual. Condemnation is not of God at all. I’ve been seeking for several months now. Nothing has changed. I’m getting confident that I have crossed the line of no return(beyond repentance). My conscience doesn’t operate like a normal human being. I’m a sociopath basically. It’s seared beyond recovery. My username is appropriate. Go look at hopeless cases like galnaros and invalidusername in their threads. My judgement in hell will be so bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not moved by anything no matter how much I will myself to read about God. I’ve never had a inner drawing from God. I’ve always known Him from the outside. I am not really sad about my sin. I am “sad” intellectually. It’s all intellectual. Condemnation is not of God at all. I’ve been seeking for several months now. Nothing has changed. I’m getting confident that I have crossed the line of no return(beyond repentance). My conscience doesn’t operate like a normal human being. I’m a sociopath basically. It’s seared beyond recovery. My username is appropriate. Go look at hopeless cases like galnaros and invalidusername in their threads. My judgement in hell will be so bad.

Condemnation is God convicting you of your sin. Sadness is seeing the state you are in and it’s leading you to seek . God. Try not to be in your stinking thinking about it. You want God but your coming up with arguments to defeat him.
what you should do is do what you know is right. If you are an intellectual person you are probably not going to feel much. And if you want to feel him inside your heart you are going to have to invite him in your heart. Not moved to change maybe. You do have an inner draw because you are seeking Him. God has given us a sound mind you are running away now. When it starts to hurt you run to the other side. It’s going to hurt in Christ or in the world.

You just keep denying what he is doing. Romans 5:21. You mind is dead because of sin, but there is life through the spirit. To be righteous repent. John 14:17 and Galatians 3:14 describe how we need the Holy Spirit for understanding- and for what we are missing. He won’t give Him to you until you obey Him. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, then receive the Holy Spirit. But you must be sincerely sorry. Do you feel the condemnation now? Be sorry. You know your sin open the door.

Sin can only be forgiven by God. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. You’ve hurt people through breaking the Ten Commandments. You have slap God in the face and done it anyway. You have nailed Jesus on the cross all day and didn’t seek his forgiveness nor acknowledge Him. You didn’t seek after God whole heartedly and now trying to justify yourself with self righteousness. You have put up walls to keep him out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have no conviction of my sin at all actually. condemnation is not conviction of sin. I can commit any sin you name and not feel guilt about it. God is not drawing me because I don’t feel the tug. I’m not meant to be saved.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it would insult you and I don’t really want to be unkind in thinking about what to say next. I’ll give you an inch though but only an inch. But have it your own way! Hope to see you around the forum. I will be cordial. But God didn’t do this. It’s your own choices. What kind of life are you going to lead now?!

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟768,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you have a general concern for other people, most matters of conscience should be in proper order. This is a basic necessity for anyone so we treat others as we would hope to be treated (the golden rule per Matthew 7:12). Most of what Jesus tells the rich young man are basic, & necessary, commandments to live life ( Matthew 19:16-19) & St. Paul repeats this in Romans 13:8-10.

Jesus actually tells us to be charitable first and then tells us to pray in Matthew 6:1-15. I have always been individualist & not sociable, solvent but not affluent etc. Still, I can spare something to give to others & the Lord showed me ( by His commandments etc.) to complete my conscience in this matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums