Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If it were not for promise rings and the limited religious teaching perhaps only 10% would qualify to be a virgin. My wife claims she was a 35 year old virgin and I ruined her. In the old testament the priest were required to marry virgins. NOW they are required to marry a girl that has never been married before but there is no virgin requirement. Maybe if there was more women would save themselves for their husband and not corrupt themselves cheating on him.
well, that's one reason I brought up Andy Griffith. I mean, did we see Andy fornicating with every woman he liked? But today, that's all u see on sit com. which is why i never watch them. Or did we see Sgt Carter in bed with bunny? I mean, I get a bad feeling even thinking about it. Yes, I was a little more "liberal" socially back in the day but I was just misled and un-catechized... However, there would appear to come a time in everyone's life when a light bulb goes off, and you begin to question your choices and etc. Or does that only happen when one prays the rosary as I did?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
New things to vent about (What a world!)

I was just at another site (didn't participate, just read posts) and something like 80% of it was just mindless snark (mostly from liberals). It's like people can't (themselves) "vent" --or FEEL they cannot--due to thefact that co workers, bosses, spouses, et al will get on their case/make life miserable, so they hit the internet and dump all their yuck on total strangers.

Even so, I found some interesting stuff. There was a video posted about how a woman had aborted the child she shared with (I think it was a boyfriend) and the father didn't want the abortion so he was at this pro life meeting and talked for some time about how he loved his aborted daughter and talks to her all the time and etc. Some in the audience were brought to tears.

Then there was something else interesting, but it has slipped my mind temporarily.

There is just so much yuck in the world! And it is because of one little 3 letter word

sin

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I remembered the other thing: A town in Louisiana seceded from another part of the town it once belonged to. The reason: People were tired of the high crime and bad schools. The part of the town they seceded from was mostly Black so people accuse St George of being racist.

Sigh. Some things never change.

I visited LA not long ago and I was shocked at what I saw and I was driving all over the state, so I'm not just talking about one particular area. Everywhere I went, Black people seemed to be in the majority. They seemed to have all the jobs! How does thatwork when Whites are still the majority? I didn't get it. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because some group's ancestors experienced discrimination in the past, doesn't make it right for another group to be punished in perpetuity. I mean, all the gas stations I went to had Black employees. A couple were professional with me and didn't discriminate or anything. But a lot of them scowled at me, likely bc I am White. They knew nothing else about me but that...

Someone here will probably accuse me of racism (I got the heck out of the entire state). But I am not racist.

I know myself. I sometimes have a big mouth when I see injustice and I just KNEW there would be a problem down the road... when I, for example, got ticked and said what I said above, namely that 2 wrongsdon't make a right. Some Blacks couldn't care less about that truth. They hate Whitey and that's that.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the father didn't want the abortion so he was at this pro life meeting and talked for some time about how he loved his aborted daughter and talks to her all the time and etc. Some in the audience were brought to tears.
Which means the father will be reconciled with his daughter in Heaven. They rejoice in Heaven over that. If the mother does not repent then she will not go to Heaven. I know Heaven is a perfect place but the children still hope their parents repent so they can go to heaven and be together there. I even had a dream about my daughter in Heaven.

Matthew 19 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How does that work when Whites are still the majority?
Whites are no longer a majority in California. There are a lot of cities where Blacks are in the majority. Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Atlanta to name a few. I thought California had a majority of Asians.

It is just not unusual for a black man to have 15 or 16 children with 3 or 4 women. Before the civil war women were expected to have four or five children by the time they were in their early 20's.

A lot of women are attracted to older men because they want a father figure in their life.

No race or ethnic group constitutes a majority of California's population: 40% of Californians are Latino, 35% are white, 15% are Asian American or Pacific Islander, 5% are Black, 4% are multiracial, and fewer than 1% are Native American or Alaska Natives, according to the 2022 American Community Survey.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Which means the father will be reconciled with his daughter in Heaven. They rejoice in Heaven over that. If the mother does not repent then she will not go to Heaven. I know Heaven is a perfect place but the children still hope their parents repent so they can go to heaven and be together there. I even had a dream about my daughter in Heaven.

Matthew 19 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
That was a great read. The only problem is that most people go to Hell, according to Jesus (Mt 7, Lk 13:24), according to canonized saints. I don't think most people realize just how holy God is, and also, how UNHOLY their souls can be. But anyway, we HOPE the father in that story goes to Heaven and everyone else. We can pray, that is certain. :)

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Whites are no longer a majority in California. There are a lot of cities where Blacks are in the majority. Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Atlanta to name a few. I thought California had a majority of Asians.

It is just not unusual for a black man to have 15 or 16 children with 3 or 4 women. Before the civil war women were expected to have four or five children by the time they were in their early 20's.

A lot of women are attracted to older men because they want a father figure in their life.

No race or ethnic group constitutes a majority of California's population: 40% of Californians are Latino, 35% are white, 15% are Asian American or Pacific Islander, 5% are Black, 4% are multiracial, and fewer than 1% are Native American or Alaska Natives, according to the 2022 American Community Survey.
yes but I was talking about LA. Besides, I am not sure I believe those stats on CA

All I know is that CA is a MESS with Newsom there

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Get rid of politics and the frustration with it.
I will never let go of my particular "politics." I believe in getting involved, even though it always ends up hurting some way or another. We can't just let evil go and then bemoan the fact there is so much evil.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will never let go of my particular "politics." I believe in getting involved, even though it always ends up hurting some way or another. We can't just let evil go and then bemoan the fact there is so much evil.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Politics are not God's righteousness or his gospelof of peace. It's a stumbling block to everyone. We must walk in peace and holiness

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We must walk in peace and holiness
We have to be holy if we want to walk with God. If we want to go to Heaven we are going to have to get along with everyone there., That is why we are told to love our enemy because we well love everyone in Heaven when we get there.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics are not God's righteousness or his gospelof of peace. It's a stumbling block to everyone. We must walk in peace and holiness
too blanket a statement.

Tell us WHAT kind of politics you are referring to. When I mention my own politics, I am speaking of such things as

being pro life
being against open borders

Murdering babies is morally insane. Having no borders: ditto.

I will always fight against both any way I can. You can call that Politics all you want. Have at it. I call it doing the work of the Lord. In the Old T it says to save those taken away to death. Also, my Church has always taught against communism, which is threatening us and the open border is helping to establish it in America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
We have to be holy if we want to walk with God. If we want to go to Heaven we are going to have to get along with everyone there., That is why we are told to love our enemy because we well love everyone in Heaven when we get there.
yes but people will be lovable there

:)

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I was an electrician and did lighting for the Ballet for three years. It cost money to rent the theater so we had to go in set up in a hurry, work the performance and then tear down and get out as quick as we could. Working 8 am to midnight was common. So I decided I would just rather get a regular job and work 8 to 5. Also I do not like working with actors, they have multiple personalities. I remember two actors were talking in the hallway and I thought they were practicing lines for some play they must be working on. Then I realized that was a normal conversation for them.

That was back before computers. It may have been interesting to get into that part of making movies. My brother lived in LA and he showed me the trade journals where they list those sort of jobs if that is what you are interested in doing. I could do lighting, stagehand, carpenter to build sets. There is a LOT of that sort of work in LA. But I just decided to do regular construction work. Sort of boring compared to the excitement of theater.

I still like to express myself in art of crafts.

434733892_1476179326648551_8902546150355880502_n.jpg

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I was an electrician and did lighting for the Ballet for three years. It cost money to rent the theater so we had to go in set up in a hurry, work the performance and then tear down and get out as quick as we could. Working 8 am to midnight was common. So I decided I would just rather get a regular job and work 8 to 5. Also I do not like working with actors, they have multiple personalities. I remember two actors were talking in the hallway and I thought they were practicing lines for some play they must be working on. Then I realized that was a normal conversation for them.

That was back before computers. It may have been interesting to get into that part of making movies. My brother lived in LA and he showed me the trade journals where they list those sort of jobs if that is what you are interested in doing. I could do lighting, stagehand, carpenter to build sets. There is a LOT of that sort of work in LA. But I just decided to do regular construction work. Sort of boring compared to the excitement of theater.

I still like to express myself in art of crafts.

View attachment 347168
looks like you made the right choice. I went to LA 2 decades ago and things were fairly normal looking. I had gone to visit a Black family who were cool. .. can't say I explored the whole area back then. In any case, I'm not into hot pink stuff but the other things there are lovely. :)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,485,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-

24 hour news has an agenda. They have to be able, to fill news for 24 hours. So Fox and CNN, etc.. create situation/problems to fill their news hours.
Back in 1988, I happened to be ground floor at the creation of a new 24/7 news station. I had an opportunity to ask one of the producers how they would find material for that much air time. She told me, and this is a precise quote: "BS is better than static."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,485,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trickle down economics WORKS. Even JF Kennedy, a D, agreed, with his comment "A rising tide lifts all boats."
Trickle down economics might work if the trickling took place in a closed system.

It was during the Regan administration that his economic sycophants started chanting, "They US must evolve beyond a production economy" and the hunt for the cheapest possible production labor began. At first it was within the US, but into the 90s, China became the target.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0