Did Pharaoh Shishak take away the ark of the covenant?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟90,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the death of Solomon, his son Rehoboam became king. 1 Kings 14:

25 In the fifth year of King Rehoboam, Shishak king of Egypt attacked Jerusalem. 26 He carried off the treasures of the temple of the Lord and the treasures of the royal palace. He took everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made.
Did Shishak take away the ark of the covenant?

No. Three centuries later in 2 Chronicles 35:

1 Josiah celebrated the Passover to the Lord in Jerusalem, and the Passover lamb was slaughtered on the fourteenth day of the first month. 2 He appointed the priests to their duties and encouraged them in the service of the Lord’s temple. 3He said to the Levites, who instructed all Israel and who had been consecrated to the Lord: “Put the sacred ark in the temple that Solomon son of David king of Israel built. It is not to be carried about on your shoulders. Now serve the Lord your God and his people Israel.
According to non-canonical 2 Maccabees 2:

1 "We know from the records that Jeremiah the prophet instructed the people who were being taken into exile to hide some of the fire from the altar, as we have just mentioned. 2 We also know that he taught them God's Law and warned them not to be deceived by the ornamented gold and silver idols which they would see in the land of their exile. 3 And then he urged them never to abandon the Law.
4"These same records also tell us that Jeremiah, acting under divine guidance, commanded the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box to follow him to the mountain where Moses had looked down on the land which God had promised our people. 5When Jeremiah got to the mountain, he found a huge cave and there he hid the Tent of the Lord's Presence, the Covenant Box, and the altar of incense. Then he sealed up the entrance.
Jeremiah hid them in some cave. The Babylonians did not have it.

6 "Some of Jeremiah's friends tried to follow him and mark the way, but they could not find the cave. 7 When Jeremiah learned what they had done, he reprimanded them, saying, 'No one must know about this place until God gathers his people together again and shows them mercy. 8 At that time he will reveal where these things are hidden, and the dazzling light of his presence will be seen in the cloud, as it was in the time of Moses and on the occasion when Solomon prayed that the Temple might be dedicated in holy splendor.'
Now, in the canonical Jer 3:

15“‘And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding. 16 And when you have multiplied and been fruitful in the land, in those days, declares the LORD, they shall no more say, “The ark of the covenant of the LORD.” It shall not come to mind or be remembered or missed; it shall not be made again. 17At that time Jerusalem shall be called the throne of the LORD, and all nations shall gather to it, to the presence of the LORD in Jerusalem, and they shall no more stubbornly follow their own evil heart.
The last mention of the Ark of the Covenant is in Revelation 11:

19 Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.
Where is the Ark now?

I don't know. Now that I have the Paraclete dwelling in my spirit, God's presence is in me. I am not spending more time trying to figure out where the Ark is.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
After the death of Solomon, his son Rehoboam became king. 1 Kings 14:

Did Shishak take away the ark of the covenant?

No. Three centuries later in 2 Chronicles 35:

According to non-canonical 2 Maccabees 2:

Jeremiah hid them in some cave. The Babylonians did not have it.

Now, in the canonical Jer 3:

The last mention of the Ark of the Covenant is in Revelation 11:

Where is the Ark now?

I don't know. Now that I have the Paraclete dwelling in my spirit, God's presence is in me. I am not spending more time trying to figure out where the Ark is.
Ironically, the Ark isn’t on earth any more. Rv 11:19

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0