Anyone has any logical problems with the Chosen? I do.

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, I understand you have to add dialogue and take a few creative liberties, but altering events that happened in the Gospels is especially wrong, and its happened a few times. One of the episodes that particularly stuck out to me was when Jesus was talking to the crowd (before Rayma, if I'm spelling that right, died) he talked about how Pharisees clean plates for keeping clean and him basically telling them off. But, that's not how it happened in the Gospels. I forgot where it is, but it says that Jesus was sharing dinner with them. Not preaching to them in a crowd! (Even though he's done that in the past.) I just don't feel comfortable about watching it anymore. Especially with the actor of Jesus being kind of crazy. (Doing a documentry about himself and sponsoring the Hallow app.)
Anyway. I just wanted to know some of the community's thoughts on this. Thanks!

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, I understand you have to add dialogue and take a few creative liberties, but altering events that happened in the Gospels is especially wrong, and its happened a few times. One of the episodes that particularly stuck out to me was when Jesus was talking to the crowd (before Rayma, if I'm spelling that right, died) he talked about how Pharisees clean plates for keeping clean and him basically telling them off. But, that's not how it happened in the Gospels. I forgot where it is, but it says that Jesus was sharing dinner with them. Not preaching to them in a crowd! (Even though he's done that in the past.) I just don't feel comfortable about watching it anymore. Especially with the actor of Jesus being kind of crazy. (Doing a documentry about himself and sponsoring the Hallow app.)
Anyway. I just wanted to know some of the community's thoughts on this. Thanks!
I stay away from religious TV shows tied to the Bible as the shows are unfaithful to the Bible. But, if a show is about a person and his/her faith journey, then I am okay with watching a religious show.

Also, sponsoring an app is a dirty move by the actor, from what you are telling me. Late-stage capitalism always tries to find a way to weasel itself into everything nowadays.

Reactions: jacob.austin
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I stay away from religious TV shows tied to the Bible as the shows are unfaithful to the Bible. But, if a show is about a person and his/her faith journey, then I am okay with watching a religious show.

Also, sponsoring an app is a dirty move by the actor, from what you are telling me. Late-stage capitalism always tries to find a way to weasel itself into everything nowadays.
Extactly! Vindication is a great Christian Crime Drama on Pureflix but on Youtube you can watch Season 1 and 2 for free on the channel Vision Video. Honestly, I'm just not thrilled with the Chosen anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Everything requires funding and that influences the content. What percentage of production companies are owned by Christians outright? Meaning no parent company? If you don't have the means to bring your vision to life you must seek assistance elsewhere and they'll influence the outcome because they're paying.

~bella

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Extactly! Vindication is a great Christian Crime Drama on Pureflix but on Youtube you can watch Season 1 and 2 for free on the channel Vision Video. Honestly, I'm just not thrilled with the Chosen anymore.
I should try Vindication, and hopefully it is on DVD to rent from the local library.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should try Vindication, and hopefully it is on DVD to rent from the local library.
Well I know its on DVD... I would like to get the DVDs too. Seasons 1-3 can be purchased from places like the Vision Video store and Christian Book but maybe eventually at the library.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything requires funding and that influences the content. What percentage of production companies are owned by Christians outright? Meaning no parent company? If you don't have the means to bring your vision to life you must seek assistance elsewhere and they'll influence the outcome because they're paying.

~bella
Yeah exactly. I'm a little untrusting of Mormon companies producing Christian films and movies, especially since they have huge corporations full of greed and I'm sure some form of agenda in 'Christian' media.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I know its on DVD... I would like to get the DVDs too. Seasons 1-3 can be purchased from places like the Vision Video store and Christian Book but maybe eventually at the library.
I do not buy DVDs, as the library has the discs for free to borrow. But, a DVD collection is important to have, as media is switching to streaming, and services may remove content at no notice.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not buy DVDs, as the library has the discs for free to borrow. But, a DVD collection is important to have, as media is switching to streaming, and services may remove content at no notice.
Yeah I have a sizable DVD collection including a lot of Christian movies and shows and such. Streaming I'm personally not a fan of but some good shows are only available on them which is sad... but its great to see Original TV Shows and such starting to come out on DVD at Walmart and other places like it. Pureflix, its cheep, but once you watch everything on it its pretty much useless.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I have a sizable DVD collection including a lot of Christian movies and shows and such. Streaming I'm personally not a fan of but some good shows are only available on them which is sad... but its great to see Original TV Shows and such starting to come out on DVD at Walmart and other places like it. Pureflix, its cheep, but once you watch everything on it its pretty much useless.
Cool. Well, shows release on disc 3 months to a year after streaming typically

Reactions: jacob.austin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,015,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like the series.

One has to remember that it is a drama. The producers have stated from the off that its not meant to be taken as word for word, event by event from the Bible.

As for it being mormon in any way, i cant see that. Dallas the producer has said its not mormon...

They have good Biblical scholars who vet the episodes etc.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just placed a hold on Vindication, and set the hold for June 1st, 2024, cos I have to get Star Trek DS9 completed first.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the series.

One has to remember that it is a drama. The producers have stated from the off that its not meant to be taken as word for word, event by event from the Bible.

As for it being mormon in any way, i cant see that. Dallas the producer has said its not mormon...

They have good Biblical scholars who vet the episodes etc.
I agree to a point. But its not necessarily Dallas Jenkins (his father Jerry B. Jenkins is an amazing author) I'm worried about Angel Studios and it being a Mormon company.

• Informative
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just placed a hold on Vindication, and set the hold for June 1st, 2024, cos I have to get Star Trek DS9 completed first.
Sweet! I think you'll really enjoy it. One of the first Christian crime dramas I've seen (or heard of) that's really good. Todd Terry, the actor of Detective Travis has been on other Christian movies before so you might recognize him, alongside Cameron Arnett, and guest stars like Rachel Hendrix and others.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sweet! I think you'll really enjoy it. One of the first Christian crime dramas I've seen (or heard of) that's really good. Todd Terry, the actor of Detective Travis has been on other Christian movies before so you might recognize him, alongside Cameron Arnett, and guest stars like Rachel Hendrix and others.
I am better with numbers compared to names, such as release dates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am better with numbers compared to names, such as release dates.
Yeah that's understandable. I'm sure I don't need to know about all the actors and such but it has its uses. (I always get excited when I see one of my favorite Christian actors on a movie whether that be Brett Varvel or Rachel Hendrix; so that should tell you something.)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that's understandable. I'm sure I don't need to know about all the actors and such but it has its uses. (I always get excited when I see one of my favorite Christian actors on a movie whether that be Brett Varvel or Rachel Hendrix; so that should tell you something.)
Cool. I get excited when a movie is finally released. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny should have released in 2019, but it released in 2023 due to corona and script re-writes. I did not know that the Indiana Jones was supposed to be released 5 years ago, but learned about that when reading up on the movie.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cool. I get excited when a movie is finally released. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny should have released in 2019, but it released in 2023 due to corona and script re-writes. I did not know that the Indiana Jones was supposed to be released 5 years ago, but learned about that when reading up on the movie.
Yeah I remember when I was about 12 I was so excited for it! The newest Flash Movie did pretty much the same thing too (I was really into superheroes then... but I still have all of my classic comics and enjoy writing about my created ones every now and then.) I know Passion of the Christ: Resurrection went though about 9 script rewrites or something... but I'm not too thrilled with what Mel Gibson said its about. Compared it to a 'acid-trip' and uses a lot of poetic imagery and stuff in Jesus' decent into hell.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I remember when I was about 12 I was so excited for it! The newest Flash Movie did pretty much the same thing too (I was really into superheroes then... but I still have all of my classic comics and enjoy writing about my created ones every now and then.) I know Passion of the Christ: Resurrection went though about 9 script rewrites or something... but I'm not too thrilled with what Mel Gibson said its about. Compared it to a 'acid-trip' and uses a lot of poetic imagery and stuff in Jesus' decent into hell.
Man, you are young. I am 24. The Flash actor is a pervert though: Ezra Miller

Upvote 0