Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was scrolling economic videos and came across this dude and now I know why our country is doomed. My boy Jared Bernstein shows what happens when questions aren't prepared for these dummies. A simple question of why we borrow money, mind blowing.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was scrolling economic videos and came across this dude and now I know why our country is doomed. My boy Jared Bernstein shows what happens when questions aren't prepared for these dummies. A simple question of why we borrow money, mind blowing.

Dang, this is scary. It is scary how this interview does not know how money works. Welcome to 2024, brother. A state of deep decline on all sides has happened in the past decade or so, and most certainly in the past 5 years, regardless of political affiliation.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dang, this is scary. It is scary how this interview does not know how money works. Welcome to 2024, brother. A state of deep decline on all sides has happened in the past decade or so, and most certainly in the past 5 years, regardless of political affiliation.
He is an articulate speaker in front of ms media and can rattle off all the regular talking points but this simple question.... I think I know why he stumbled because he wanted to avoid saying spending so he kept saying printing money. Either he is trying to deceive Americans or he is just plain ignorant or maybe he has the old man brain like Biden, Trump, and me. Get rid of all those old tractors, sadly the media won't let us choose anyone else but dinosaurs.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is an articulate speaker in front of ms media and can rattle off all the regular talking points but this simple question.... I think I know why he stumbled because he wanted to avoid saying spending so he kept saying printing money. Either he is trying to deceive Americans or he is just plain ignorant or maybe he has the old man brain like Biden, Trump, and me. Get rid of all those old tractors, sadly the media won't let us choose anyone else but dinosaurs.
Yeah, he might be trying to deceive us, or is ignorant, or is similar to the guy described in Psalm 10:2-7, just as all the politicians are. From my April 18 devotional.

DateApril 18, 2024
VersePsalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
ExplanationThis passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We belong to God and not to politicians and we belong to the kingdom of God and not America

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We belong to God and not to politicians and we belong to the kingdom of God and not America
I understand that but we also live on this earth that God created and we are to follow the laws of the country. We are to be subject to the rulers and obedient.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I obey the law as long as it obeys God.
Then you are against God's command of being subject to the ruler and that includes laws.
Division and contention doesn't obey God
I agree this is a big problem and if Christians followed Jesus's command to love our neighbor we wouldn't have the mess we have now. Too much hate in the world and he tried to tell us Laodiceans how we end ourselves in Revelation. I thank God that the Lord steps in before humankind annihilates itself.

Upvote 0