Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please find attached: "A_Second_Temple_in_Egypt_The_Evidence_fo.pdf" downloaded from Accademia.com

You may download and read for yourself.

Instructions:
Download (click on attachment), read, discuss. Repeat as necessary.

Attachments

• A_Second_Temple_in_Egypt_The_Evidence_fo.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please find attached: "A_Second_Temple_in_Egypt_The_Evidence_fo.pdf" downloaded from Accademia.com

Instructions:
Download, read, discuss. Repeat as necessary.
Alright, here is an AI generated summary of your document, from Mistral 8x7B (my computer can not run the 8x7B version, so I used another website that hosts 8x7B). I am not gonna partake in this discussion, as I am not that good at Biblical archaeology, nor am I a Messianic Jew.

Mistral 8x7B summary:
The passage discusses the evidence for the existence of a Jewish temple in Egypt, built by a Zadokite high priest named Onias. The author, Joan E. Taylor, aims to bring attention to this often overlooked topic and explore its potential relevance to the study of the origins of groups responsible for some of the Dead Sea Scrolls and to the broader context of Second Temple Judaism.

Taylor begins by acknowledging previous research on the topic, which has been complicated by conflicting accounts in Josephus. She then analyzes the rhetorical aspects of Josephus' accounts and considers how the negative presentation of the temple in these texts may reflect the biases and motivations of the author and his sources.

Next, Taylor proposes a plausible historical scenario for the construction of the temple, suggesting that Onias built it in order to challenge the corruption and Hellenization of the Jerusalem temple and to create a center of worship for Jews living in Egypt. She also explores the possibility that the temple may have survived in some form after its official closure by the Romans, providing a potential explanation for the preservation of certain treasures and manuscripts.

Throughout the passage, Taylor draws connections between the temple built by Onias and other aspects of Second Temple Judaism, emphasizing the diversity and complexity of Jewish religious practices and beliefs during this period. She highlights the role of the Zadokites in the construction and maintenance of the temple, and suggests that the temple may have played a significant role in the development of Jewish sectarian movements.

Overall, the passage offers a nuanced and thorough exploration of the evidence for the Zadokite temple of Onias, shedding new light on an often neglected aspect of Jewish history and religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alright, here is an AI generated summary of your document, from Mistral 8x7B (my computer can not run the 8x7B version, so I used another website that hosts 8x7B). I am not gonna partake in this discussion, as I am not that good at Biblical archaeology, nor am I a Messianic Jew.
Thanks Alex. I don't do AI at all, but I greatly appreciate your interest. And you don't need to be an MJ to study this stuff! This also dovetails nicely with the study of the Zadokite calendar. If you haven't read up on that, try this: Zadok Way Calendar 2024-2025

Be well and be blessed!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟114,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Instructions:
Download, read, discuss. Repeat as necessary.

Fascinating. Thanks for posting this. As a preliminary reaction, (having just finished reading the entire PDF), the prophecy in Isaiah 19:19 was, imo, being wrongly applied, (Josephus does this a lot as well as those from those times, to suit current events, just as many still do to this day).

Isaiah 19:19 KJV
19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

The midst of the land and the border thereof surely describes the location of Heliopolis, as Egypt was divided into north and south, or lower and upper Egypt respectively, but the border between the two was more precisely near modern Cairo. The pillar is a matseba, which is not always a pillar as we think of it today but may also be in the sense of a standing monument built with stones, (stacked stones). The location and the witness in stone here, imo, is the Gizeh plateau, and specifically the Great Pyramid which is full of the sacred geometry passed down from the antediluvian patriarchs who built the plateau, and the top of the pyramid without a pyramidion-capstone was right at about seven by seven 'iysh cubits square, (the cubit of 17.5 thumbs), like a platform altar, (490 thumbs roundabout the perimeter, very small in comparison to the size of the structure). This is imo the major connection to Yoseph, Mosheh, Heliopolis, the Tzadokim in Mitzraim, the solar calendar, ect., etc.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Alex. I don't do AI at all, but I greatly appreciate your interest. And you don't need to be an MJ to study this stuff! This also dovetails nicely with the study of the Zadokite calendar. If you haven't read up on that, try this: Zadok Way Calendar 2024-2025

Be well and be blessed!
You are welcome. Yeah, AI is one of these touchy topics in the 2020s, but I try to use it as a tool for helping people, not to hurt. And I'll stick with the Gregorian calendar, though other calendar systems are fascinating. May God bless you as well.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fascinating. Thanks for posting this. As a preliminary reaction, (having just finished reading the entire PDF), the prophecy in Isaiah 19:19 was, imo, being wrongly applied, (Josephus does this a lot as well as those from those times, to suit current events, just as many still do to this day).

Isaiah 19:19 KJV
19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

The midst of the land and the border thereof surely describes the location of Heliopolis, as Egypt was divided into north and south, or lower and upper Egypt respectively, but the border between the two was more precisely near modern Cairo. The pillar is a matseba, which is not always a pillar as we think of it today but may also be in the sense of a standing monument built with stones, (stacked stones). The location and the witness in stone here, imo, is the Gizeh plateau, and specifically the Great Pyramid which is full of the sacred geometry passed down from the antediluvian patriarchs who built the plateau, and the top of the pyramid without a pyramidion-capstone was right at about seven by seven 'iysh cubits square, (the cubit of 17.5 thumbs), like a platform altar, (490 thumbs roundabout the perimeter, very small in comparison to the size of the structure). This is imo the major connection to Yoseph, Mosheh, Heliopolis, the Tzadokim in Mitzraim, the solar calendar, ect., etc.
As always daq , a great perspective to build upon. So likewise, I would like to comment, but this may be a bit more speculative and questioning in nature. I start with a tip of the hat to Ms. JOAN E. TAYLOR of the University of Waikato, Hamilton New Zealand, because the 1st sentence of the 1st paragraph really sets the tone for this discussion:
Josephus provides two contradictory accounts of the establishment
of a Jewish temple in Egypt by a Zadokite high priest named Onias,
and the history of the founding of this temple is therefore reconstructed
in different ways by nearly everyone who has written on it.
Ms. Taylor seemed to realize the truth about Josephus, that as a historian he had proven himself, so much so as to be required of the powers that be, in the Later Second Temple Period, to make a record of these events. Noting further the tension between various faction of the Jewish population based primarily on the adoption of practices, calendars and dogma of the cultures to which they had been scattered; it was these superstitions that became the basis of political/religious divisions in 1st century Judaism and in my estimations, still ravages Judaism today.

Note: The following is an unfounded memory for which I cannot find the citation: It is that both at the recommendation of the Herodian government in Judea caused the subsequent commission by the Roman government of Josephus; he was to record a history of the Roman 'facts' concerning Judea. And as I recall, every record submitted to Rome was subject to the Roman perspective, even so much so as to 'explain' the facts. Hence, this may explain the dueling accounts on many topics by Josephus, including this one, concerning the Temple in Egypt. So I would ask the gentle readers; Is the above a fragment of my broken memory or a figment of my imagination? A citation on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You daq, on the other hand, have likely exposed the correct interpretation of both prophecy and historical fact. I am reminded of a certain celestial observatory you brought forth in your writings and hope to see the incorporation of it in this discussion, later on down the pike as it where. It seems a likely topic where calendars and scripture are concerned.

Thanks again

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: HARK! and daq
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are welcome. Yeah, AI is one of these touchy topics in the 2020s, but I try to use it as a tool for helping people, not to hurt. And I'll stick with the Gregorian calendar, though other calendar systems are fascinating. May God bless you as well.
AI is sophisticated automation that relies on 'training' or the establishment of elaborate algorithms that specify boundaries and operational weighting. The scary part seems to be when humans, in their unbridled and seemingly infinite capacity for hubris, allow them to train themselves.

As far as calendars are concerned, Adonai specified a simple calendar for determining His moed or 'Appointed Times'. However, the 'simple calendar' has sophisticated instructions on how to properly use it in calculating dates, especially those used to interpret prophecy and certain biblical events.

You might want to tag along. This is for every believer, not just 'MJs'. ;)

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for posting this. I'm very busy in real life; but I'm going to have to find time to read through this.
I remembered what someone said about the personal info that they wanted for the download and that I, at one time, had a membership at Academeia.com. So I figured the data brokers our government refuses to protect us from already have my stuff, so I may as well download it for everyone to share.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟114,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As always daq , a great perspective to build upon. So likewise, I would like to comment, but this may be a bit more speculative and questioning in nature. But I start with a tip of the hat to Ms. JOAN E. TAYLOR of the University of Waikato, Hamilton New Zealand, because the 1st sentence of the 1st paragraph really sets the tone for this discussion:

Ms. Taylor seemed to realize the truth about Josephus, that as a historian he had proven himself, so much so as to be required of the powers that be, in the Later Second Temple Period, to make a record of these events. Noting further the tension between various faction of the Jewish population based primarily on the adoption of practices, calendars and dogma of the cultures to which they had been scattered; it was these superstitions that became the basis of political/religious divisions in 1st century Judaism and in my estimations, still ravages Judaism today.

Agreed.

Note: The following is an unfounded memory for which I cannot find the citation: It is that both at the recommendation of the Herodian government in Judea caused the subsequent commission by the Roman government of Josephus; he was to record a history of the Roman 'facts' concerning Judea. And as I recall, every record submitted to Rome was subject to the Roman perspective, even so much so as to 'explain' the facts. Hence, this may explain the dueling accounts on many topics by Josephus, including this one, concerning the Temple in Egypt. So I would ask the gentle readers; Is the above a fragment of my broken memory or a figment of my imagination? A citation on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of a source or citation for something like that but it does make sense.

You daq, on the other hand, have likely exposed the correct interpretation of both prophecy and historical fact. I am reminded of a certain celestial observatory you brought forth in your writings and hope to see the incorporation of it in this discussion, later on down the pike as it where. It seems a likely topic where calendars and scripture are concerned.

Thanks again

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "a certain celestial observatory" but appreciate the invitation for deeper discussion. Another prophecy from Yeshayah mentioned several times in the PDF was Isaiah 30:26. This is incredibly important to the Tzadokim understanding of the sacred calendar day: note the mention of binding up the breach of the people and healing the stroke of their wound, that suggests a connection to the Jewish sect of the Therapeutea, as they were called in Alexandrian Egypt, and the name is Latin but originally from the Greek word meaning the same, (healers and/or worshipers of Elohim). This healing was probably meant in the sense of having and sharing the truth, the Word of Elohim, which is indeed healing to the hearer who believes the truth, and as we know the Word is the light of the world, and was even so according to them in those times, and those who possess the Word and share the Word with others are also called the light of the world, (Mat 5:14). Those who possessed the kingdom therefore called themselves Hessenim, (Essenes), at Dameshek-Qumran, (or at least that is what outsiders called them), and thus the relationship between the Hessenim at Dameshek and the Therapeutae at and around Alexandria and On, the city of Heliopolis. Hessenim is simply a plural form of the word hasan, hosen, hesen, which is wealth, possessions, etc., but in this sense was no doubt spiritual wealth because they forsook material possessions and dedicated themselves to the Torah, Prophets, Writings, and all the holy and spiritual things of the heavenly Father. Hesen is both a Hebrew and an Aramaic word meaning essentially the same in both languages with slight variations.

Possessors of spiritual wealth:

Proverbs 15:6 KJV
6 In the house of the righteous [Tzaddik] is much treasure: [H2633 חסן] but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.

Isaiah 33:5-6 KJV
5 The LORD is exalted; for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.
6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength [wealth, H2633 חסן] of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries
H2633 חֹסֶן chocen (cho'-sen) n-m.
wealth.
[from H2630]
KJV: riches, strength, treasure.

Possessors of the kingdom:

Daniel 7:18-22 KJV (Aramaic)
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess [H2631 חסן] the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed [H2631 חסן] the kingdom.

H2631 חֲסַן chacan (chas-an') v.
to hold in occupancy.
[(Aramaic) corresponding to H2630]
KJV: possess.

חסנים (Hessenim / Essenes) = Wealthy / Possessors (of the spiritual wealth of the kingdom of Elohim)

With all this said now look at Yeshayah 30:26.

Isaiah 30:26 KJV
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

This passage may be read a little differently in Hebrew than what we see in most translations based on their punctuation of the text, (based on how they think it should read). With a slight change in emphasis it easily reads in the following manner:

Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of the seven yamim in a yom, when YHWH binds up the breach of His people, and heals the stroke of their wound.

This is one of the more rare places where yamim has the article attached and, no doubt, that is because the Prophet refers the reader back to the seven yamim in a yom in the opening creation account and uses that to foretell the Great Day at Golgotha.

Mark 15:25-33 KJV
25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
27 And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
29 And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
30 Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Remember the Tzadok sundial from HARK's thread? For the Tzadokim Kohanim, everything revolves around the sacred calendar day, which consists of the seven yamim in a yom laid forth in the opening creation account: for therein is the life and the light and the healing, the true light which enlightens every man coming into the world.

Tzadok-Sundial.png

Note that on the civil calendar day the Tzohorim hour commences at the bottom or evening portion of the sixth hour of the day: but on the sacred calendar day this is Yom Rebii, the fourth hour of the sacred calendar day and midday hour. In full days, as in a full week, this corresponds to the fourth day of the week, which is the day on which the Tzadok calendar year commences, likewise because of the opening creation account. Everything is copacetic in perfect order.

Qumran-Sundial-700.PNG

Note the circle at the bottom of the inner ring: this is the Tzohorim hour on the dial which was discussed in HARK's thread concerning the 2024 Tzadok Calendar. Having seen this I remembered the stone Menorah that was discovered at Hamat Tiberias. Have you seen this artifact? It is incredible, and what brought it to mind was the circle at the bottom of the inner ring on the sundial pictured above. Having looked at that Menorah once again I have come to realize that not only is it a Menorah but it is fashioned in the resemblance of a sundial, and even has the circle in the same location, at the bottom center of the Menorah. It appears to be representing the seven lights of the seven yamim in a yom of the opening creation account in the form of the Menorah.

5.jpg

Hamath Tiberias Menorah

There is a calendar that was long ago hidden, buried, and having been long forgotten: but now it is being unearthed in the concrete empirical evidence of stone artifacts from all over Eretz Yisrael. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟90,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AI is sophisticated automation that relies on 'training' or the establishment of elaborate algorithms that specify boundaries and operational weighting. The scary part seems to be when humans, in their unbridled and seemingly infinite capacity for hubris, allow them to train themselves.

As far as calendars are concerned, Adonai specified a simple calendar for determining His moed or 'Appointed Times'. However, the 'simple calendar' has sophisticated instructions on how to properly use it in calculating dates, especially those used to interpret prophecy and certain biblical events.

You might want to tag along. This is for every believer, not just 'MJs'. ;)
Maybe, but I am a Catholic, and prefer on practical applications of religion, not prophecy. But hey, nice to meet you Yahudim.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, but I am a Catholic, and prefer on practical applications of religion, not prophecy. But hey, nice to meet you Yahudim.
Don't kid yourself brother. Take it from someone that has sat through my fair share of Wednesday night novenas and walking and reciting the stations. Catholic theologians research this stuff for a better understanding of scriptural context. Besides, it's fun! But if you aren't into it, I understand. Great meeting you too!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

I don't know of a source or citation for something like that but it does make sense.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "a certain celestial observatory" but appreciate the invitation for deeper discussion. Another prophecy from Yeshayah mentioned several times in the PDF was Isaiah 30:26. This is incredibly important to the Tzadokim understanding of the sacred calendar day: note the mention of binding up the breach of the people and healing the stroke of their wound, that suggests a connection to the Jewish sect of the Therapeutea, as they were called in Alexandrian Egypt, and the name is Latin but originally from the Greek word meaning the same, (healers and/or worshipers of Elohim). This healing was probably meant in the sense of having and sharing the truth, the Word of Elohim, which is indeed healing to the hearer who believes the truth, and as we know the Word is the light of the world, and was even so according to them in those times, and those who possess the Word and share the Word with others are also called the light of the world, (Mat 5:14). Those who possessed the kingdom therefore called themselves Hessenim, (Essenes), at Dameshek-Qumran, (or at least that is what outsiders called them), and thus the relationship between the Hessenim at Dameshek and the Therapeutae at and around Alexandria and On, the city of Heliopolis. Hessenim is simply a plural form of the word hasan, hosen, hesen, which is wealth, possessions, etc., but in this sense was no doubt spiritual wealth because they forsook material possessions and dedicated themselves to the Torah, Prophets, Writings, and all the holy and spiritual things of the heavenly Father. Hesen is both a Hebrew and an Aramaic word meaning essentially the same in both languages with slight variations.

Possessors of spiritual wealth:

Proverbs 15:6 KJV
6 In the house of the righteous [Tzaddik] is much treasure: [H2633 חסן] but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.

Isaiah 33:5-6 KJV
5 The LORD is exalted; for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.
6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength [wealth, H2633 חסן] of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

H2633 חֹסֶן chocen (cho'-sen) n-m.
wealth.
[from H2630]
KJV: riches, strength, treasure.

Possessors of the kingdom:

Daniel 7:18-22 KJV (Aramaic)
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess [H2631 חסן] the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed [H2631 חסן] the kingdom.

H2631 חֲסַן chacan (chas-an') v.
to hold in occupancy.
[(Aramaic) corresponding to H2630]
KJV: possess.

חסנים (Hessenim / Essenes) = Wealthy / Possessors (of the spiritual wealth of the kingdom of Elohim)

With all this said now look at Yeshayah 30:26.

Isaiah 30:26 KJV
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

This passage may be read a little differently in Hebrew than what we see in most translations based on their punctuation of the text, (based on how they think it should read). With a slight change in emphasis it easily reads in the following manner:

Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of the seven yamim in a yom, when YHWH binds up the breach of His people, and heals the stroke of their wound.

This is one of the more rare places where yamim has the article attached and, no doubt, that is because the Prophet refers the reader back to the seven yamim in a yom in the opening creation account and uses that to foretell the Great Day at Golgotha.

Mark 15:25-33 KJV
25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
27 And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
29 And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
30 Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Remember the Tzadok sundial from HARK's thread? For the Tzadokim Kohanim, everything revolves around the sacred calendar day, which consists of the seven yamim in a yom laid forth in the opening creation account: for therein is the life and the light and the healing, the true light which enlightens every man coming into the world.

View attachment 346520

Note that on the civil calendar day the Tzohorim hour commences at the bottom or evening portion of the sixth hour of the day: but on the sacred calendar day this is Yom Rebii, the fourth hour of the sacred calendar day and midday hour. In full days, as in a full week, this corresponds to the fourth day of the week, which is the day on which the Tzadok calendar year commences, likewise because of the opening creation account. Everything is copacetic in perfect order.

View attachment 346518

Note the circle at the bottom of the inner ring: this is the Tzohorim hour on the dial which was discussed in HARK's thread concerning the 2024 Tzadok Calendar. Having seen this I remembered the stone Menorah that was discovered at Hamat Tiberias. Have you seen this artifact? It is incredible, and what brought it to mind was the circle at the bottom of the inner ring on the sundial pictured above. Having looked at that Menorah once again I have come to realize that not only is it a Menorah but it is fashioned in the resemblance of a sundial, and even has the circle in the same location, at the bottom center of the Menorah. It appears to be representing the seven lights of the seven yamim in a yom of the opening creation account in the form of the Menorah.

5.jpg

Hamath Tiberias Menorah

There is a calendar that was long ago hidden, buried, and having been long forgotten: but now it is being unearthed in the concrete empirical evidence of stone artifacts from all over Eretz Yisrael. :D
WOW! Just WOW!
Ok, You did it again. Now I'm going to have to push back from the table and loosen my belt! ;) My evening will be spent reviewing this material while rereading the PDF with this in mind. I'm lovin' it.!

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟114,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
WOW! Just WOW!
Ok, You did it again. Now I'm going to have to push back from the table and loosen my belt! ;) My evening will be spent reviewing this material while rereading the PDF with this in mind. I'm lovin' it.!

Remember this concerning the three yamim of darkness over all the land at Golgotha, from the sixth hour to the ninth hour: when bnei Yisrael were in Mitzraim, and there was darkness over all the land three yamim, they had light in their dwellings, (Exo 10:23). Thus there is light the full seven yamim of the sacred calendar day at Golgotha, but it is the inward light, for the darkness is over all the land, and that is eretz.

Eretz is the outward, (as we have previously discussed), but the adamah is the inward, the adamah-soul of the heart, as in the parable of the sower. So the eretz, being outward, signifies the physical, the natural, and even the natural things of the natural mind of the natural man, (Mat 16:23), and that is the kingdom of the beast, (Isa 30:26 ~ Rev 16:8-9, Mrk 15:33 ~ Rev 16:10-11).

And we know that the kingdom of Elohim is within us, (Luke 17:20-21), and thus the Light of the Truth that is inward is sevenfold, as the light of the seven yamim in a yom: for the words of the Most High are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times, (Psa 12:6, and likewise Henock mentions the sevenfold Torah in the prophecy of the Ten Weeks).

Therefore the author of the Gospel known as Luke says:

Luke 19:11 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately [G3916 parachrema] appear.

G3916 παραχρῆμα parachrema (pa-ra-chree'-ma) adv.
at the thing itself, i.e. instantly.
[from G3844 and G5536 (in its original sense)]
KJV: forthwith, immediately, presently, straightway, soon

Parachrema is a compound word, para meaning near, beside, along side, next to, with, etc., etc. So why is the author of this text using parachrema in this case? The Gospel of Luke is, for all intents and purposes, the Gospel of Paul. Paul is accused of being the new ringleader of the Nazarim, and does not deny it, but rather calls the sect the Way. Where was Paul's initial conversion under the name Shaul? That was of course right outside Dameshek, where Hananyah the Kohen and other believers and adherents of the Way had taken refuge, (Hanan and Hananyah are well known names of the families of the Kohanim, even Annas in the Gospel accounts is just the Greek transliteration of Hanan, just so everyone else knows), and Shaul was on his way there to bind them and bring them back to Yerushalem for punishment. Are you getting the picture here? (Surely you are, Achi). Which Dameshek was this? The one in Syria or the one at that particular famous location that is now called Khirbet Qumran?

G5536 chrema is wealth, money, riches, or a valuable possession. This is the same meaning as hasan, hesen, hosen, (of the Hessenim or Essenes), and in this Luke passage parachrema thus means something like in full riches or with full wealth, and thus the sense of immediacy because of para: in other words the kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately, instantly, or all at once in full wealth, riches, richness, and glory. This Lukan statement sure appears to be a specific theology taught not only in the scripture, but also by the Hessenim themselves, who received it from the scripture. And of course the kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately in full wealth and glory because we are all to be taught of Elohim in His Word, (Isa 54:13, Jer 31:34, Jhn 6:45). It is therefore a journey, or as Paul puts it, a race to be run: we enter the kingdom as we begin to study, learn, and walk the walk which is taught and prescribed unto us in the Word of the Father.

And as the Master says, As the astrape (bright shining ray of light) issues forth from the anatole-rising dawn of light (east), and radiates unto the dusme-setting of the sun (west), so shall be also the parousia of the Son of Man.

Lightning, (astrape), does not shine from sunrise to sunset or all the way from the east unto the west: he speaks of the goings of the sun, and probably in the light of the sacred calendar day, and of our slow but (hopefully) straightforward, methodical, and steady learning process in the Word of the Father.

Lastly, I find it curious that Paul feels the need to make it known to the reader that Luke is a Physician, (G2395 iatros, one of the words used in the discussion of the Therapeutae, see also Gen 50:2, rapha plural, (raphaim, rophaim, or rephaim)).

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟17,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Remember this concerning the three yamim of darkness over all the land at Golgotha, from the sixth hour to the ninth hour: when bnei Yisrael were in Mitzraim, and there was darkness over all the land three yamim, they had light in their dwellings, (Exo 10:23). Thus there is light the full seven yamim of the sacred calendar day at Golgotha, but it is the inward light, for the darkness is over all the land, and that is eretz.

Eretz is the outward, (as we have previously discussed), but the adamah is the inward, the adamah-soul of the heart, as in the parable of the sower. So the eretz, being outward, signifies the physical, the natural, and even the natural things of the natural mind of the natural man, (Mat 16:23), and that is the kingdom of the beast, (Isa 30:26 ~ Rev 16:8-9, Mrk 15:33 ~ Rev 16:10-11).

And we know that the kingdom of Elohim is within us, (Luke 17:20-21), and thus the Light of the Truth that is inward is sevenfold, as the light of the seven yamim in a yom: for the words of the Most High are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times, (Psa 12:6, and likewise Henock mentions the sevenfold Torah in the prophecy of the Ten Weeks).

Therefore the author of the Gospel known as Luke says:

Luke 19:11 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately [G3916 parachrema] appear.

G3916 παραχρῆμα parachrema (pa-ra-chree'-ma) adv.
at the thing itself, i.e. instantly.
[from G3844 and G5536 (in its original sense)]
KJV: forthwith, immediately, presently, straightway, soon

Parachrema is a compound word, para meaning near, beside, along side, next to, with, etc., etc. So why is the author of this text using parachrema in this case? The Gospel of Luke is, for all intents and purposes, the Gospel of Paul. Paul is accused of being the new ringleader of the Nazarim, and does not deny it, but rather calls the sect the Way. Where was Paul's initial conversion under the name Shaul? That was of course right outside Dameshek, where Hananyah the Kohen and other believers and adherents of the Way had taken refuge, (Hanan and Hananyah are well known names of the families of the Kohanim, even Annas in the Gospel accounts is just the Greek transliteration of Hanan, just so everyone else knows), and Shaul was on his way there to bind them and bring them back to Yerushalem for punishment. Are you getting the picture here? (Surely you are, Achi). Which Dameshek was this? The one in Syria or the one at that particular famous location that is now called Khirbet Qumran?

G5536 chrema is wealth, money, riches, or a valuable possession. This is the same meaning as hasan, hesen, hosen, (of the Hessenim or Essenes), and in this Luke passage parachrema thus means something like in full riches or with full wealth, and thus the sense of immediacy because of para: in other words the kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately, instantly, or all at once in full wealth, riches, richness, and glory. This Lukan statement sure appears to be a specific theology taught not only in the scripture, but also by the Hessenim themselves, who received it from the scripture. And of course the kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately in full wealth and glory because we are all to be taught of Elohim in His Word, (Isa 54:13, Jer 31:34, Jhn 6:45). It is therefore a journey, or as Paul puts it, a race to be run: we enter the kingdom as we begin to study, learn, and walk the walk which is taught and prescribed unto us in the Word of the Father.

And as the Master says, As the astrape (bright shining ray of light) issues forth from the anatole-rising dawn of light (east), and radiates unto the dusme-setting of the sun (west), so shall be also the parousia of the Son of Man.

Lightning, (astrape), does not shine from sunrise to sunset or all the way from the east unto the west: he speaks of the goings of the sun, and probably in the light of the sacred calendar day, and of our slow but (hopefully) straightforward, methodical, and steady learning process in the Word of the Father.

Lastly, I find it curious that Paul feels the need to make it known to the reader that Luke is a Physician, (G2395 iatros, one of the words used in the discussion of the Therapeutae, see also Gen 50:2, rapha plural, (raphaim, rophaim, or rephaim)).
North/South, upper/lower?
That's a familiar description.

I'm curious as to where upper egypt is in your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟114,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
North/South, upper/lower?
That's a familiar description.

I'm curious as to where upper egypt is in your opinion?

The Nile runs from south to north because its origin in the south is the higher elevation.
The northern kingdom was lower Egypt.
The southern kingdom was upper Egypt.

Or, if you wish to forget maps and put that into a more ethereal perspective, I suppose upper Egypt would be the belly. O Egypt, great of flesh! And Pharaoh, like a dragon in the midst of the seas: so is Pharaoh in the midst of his river!

But then again, speaking of maps...

nile-serpens.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Nile runs from south to north because its origin in the south is the higher elevation.

Or, if you wish to forget maps and put that into a more ethereal perspective, I suppose upper Egypt would be the belly. O Egypt, great of flesh! And Pharaoh, like a dragon in the midst of the seas: so is Pharaoh in the midst of his river!

View attachment 346576
You do have a way with words.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟142,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of, this for you @daq and @HARK!

I thought this might be an interesting counterpoint to the PDF I posted above, however I didn't want to derail the discussion so early on. None the less, this may prove an interesting read as an alternate theory:

“Artapanus as a Source for the Building of the Temple of Onias,” by​

Meron M. Piotrkowski

Once again, Instructions: Read (click on attachment to download), discuss, repeat as necessary.

Attachments

• Artapanus_as_a_Source_for_the_Building.pdf
    251.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟114,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of, this for you @daq and @HARK!

I thought this might be an interesting counterpoint to the PDF I posted above, however I didn't want to derail the discussion so early on. None the less, this may prove an interesting read as an alternate theory:

“Artapanus as a Source for the Building of the Temple of Onias,” by​

Meron M. Piotrkowski

Once again, Instructions: Read (click on attachment to download), discuss, repeat as necessary.

That PDF was also quite interesting, thanks for sharing it also. The one thing I was glad to find is that we may be assured that Atrapanus was Jewish, and pro-Jewish, regardless of whether or not he embellished things. I was actually glad to find that he was probably speaking of the origins of Heliopolis and the building of the first, (pagan), temple there, that is, having been built with Hebrew slave labor, rather than speaking of the much later temple of Onias.

Now look at what I found because of this PDF:

Artapanus places Mosheh in the 13th Dynasty of Egypt !!!

The Pharaoh mentioned in Artapanus, ("Palmanothes"), is yet unknown, but his daughter, who adopted Mosheh as a babe, (according to Artapanus), was married to Pharaoh Khenephres who is indeed known: and by this the more modern Egyptian chronologists have approximately placed his reign, having identified Kenephres as Khaneferre, who is also known as Sobekhotep IV.

Sobekhotep IV was the most powerful Pharaoh of the 13th Dynasty and reigned at the very least, eight years, some time in the span of 1784-1710 BC, (the older Egyptian chronologies placed the end of his reign around 1724 BC).

Khaneferre Sobekhotep IV - 1784-1724 BC
Sobkhotep (IV) Khaneferre (about 1710 BC)

The timing is a perfect match with the longer LXX-Septuagint chronology.
And the Exodus !!!

This is an important confirmation of the (LXX) Biblical chronology because it completely supports the period of inactivity at Har Karkom, (Mount Sini/Sinai), which the Italian researcher and archeologist Emmanuel Anati has claimed to be the case after his many years of tedious work at that now famous Biblical site. That period of inactivity was always thought by scholarship to eliminate Har Karkom as a candidate for Mount Sinai, for the period of inactivity was several hundred years too early to match up with THEIR chronology of the Exodus: but if the Septuagint and these things be true, it is their chronology that is incorrect.

Har Karkom is where the beginning of the Hebrew ABGaD remains as a witness on stone in thousands of petroglyphs including even a glyph that appears to represent the Ten Commandments. The period of inactivity there was almost no doubt the time when bnei Yisrael were in Mitzraim due to the drought and famine recorded in the scripture when Yisrael went down to Mitzraim.

Notice that, at the end of Genesis 41, all the world comes down to Mitzraim looking for food because of the great famine: this is likely also the beginning of the invasion of the Canaanite Hyksos who would eventually gain rule over the northern kingdom, and I believe it is likely they who enslaved the Hebrews when they ruled from Avaris in the Nile Delta. This would likely be the Pharaoh "who knew not Yoseph", and as you may have seen in my version of the LXX chronology at the end of Sefer Henok, I suspect this Pharaoh was 'Apepi-Apophis, who is little attested, but placed in the reign of the Hyksos Pharaohs, (this is not the same Pharaoh as the better known Apepi-Apophis who was also among the Hyksos Pharaohs). The reason I suggest this is because of the symbolism involved by way of the Egyptian underworld serpent-god of chaos and evil, of the same name, Apep-Apophis. This makes perfect sense in light of the Biblical narrative for the Exodus and the events leading up to the Exodus between Mosheh and Pharaoh, and between Elohim and the false gods of Mitzraim which were judged and put to shame.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟17,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

View attachment 346576
That illustration is missing an important geographic area called yosef's canal. It branches westerly from the Nile south of the delta. A significant area to the history of moshe'k. Likely the place many escaped to during the slaughter of infants by herod.

1714089367351.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0