✟1,119,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: YHWH's Table (Part 14)

In part 14 (Leviticus 6) we ended with the law (תורת) (Torah) of the sin (חטא) (Chata).

Considering that in this chapter (Chapter 7) dives deep into the laws of what is brought before YHWH's Table; I find it peculiar the placing of this chapter break to be bit odd.

For that reason I'm going to include that portion, in this portion of the study.

Law of Sin (חטא) (Chata)

(CLV) Lv 6:24
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 6:25
Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law (תורת) (Torah) of the sin (חטא) (Chata) offering. In the place where the ascent (עלה) (Olah) offering is slain the sin (חטא) (Chata) offering shall be slain before Yahweh; it is a holy of holies.

I find it interesting that YHWH specifically stated the the Chata is slain in the same place that the Olah is slain. Is a Korban slain in a different place?

(CLV) Lv 6:26
The priest making it a sin (חטא) (Chata) offering, he shall eat it. In a holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tent of appointment.

I find it interesting that "The Priest making" the Chata is the one who eats it. Is the Chata for himself?

(CLV) Lv 6:27
All that may touch its flesh, it is holy. And when some of its blood is spattered on a garment, you shall rinse that on which it is spattered in a holy place.

Interesting that the blood of the Chata must be rinsed in Kadosh place

(CLV) Lv 6:28
Yet the earthenware vessel in which it is cooked shall be broken. And if it is cooked in a copper vessel, it will be scoured and laved in water.

(CLV) Lv 6:29
Every male among the priests, he shall eat it; it is a holy of holies.

(CLV) Lv 6:30
Yet any sin (חטא) (Chata) offering from which blood is brought into the tent of appointment to make a propitiatory shelter (כפר) (Kapar) in the holy place, it shall not be eaten. In fire shall it be burned.

Cover (כפר) (Kapar)

Obviously not all blood from Chata is brought in Kadosh to make Kapar.

This presents more questions. It seems the deeper I go into this study, the more depths I find.

Law of Guilt (אשמ) (Asham)

(CLV) Lv 7:1
This is the law (תורת) (Torah) of the guilt (אשמ) (Asham) offering; it is a holy of holies.

(CLV) Lv 7:2
In the place where they slay the ascent (עלה) (Olah) offering they shall slay the guilt (אשמ) (Asham) offering. Its blood shall one sprinkle against the altar round about;

The Guilt is slain in the same place as the ascent.

We saw in Lv 6:25 that the sin is slain in the same place as the ascent.

(CLV) Lv 7:3
and all its fat shall he bring near from it: the fat tail, the fat covering the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 7:4
and all the fat which is on the inwards, the two kidneys and the fat which is around them, on the hips, and the protuberance on the liver; along with the kidneys shall he take it away.

(CLV) Lv 7:5
Then the priest will cause them to fume on the altar, a fire (אשה) (Asheh) offering to Yahweh; it is a guilt (אשמ) (Asham) offering.

(CLV) Lv 7:6
Every male among the priests, he shall eat of it. In a holy place shall it be eaten; it is a holy of holies.

(CLV) Lv 7:7
Like the sin (חטא) (Chata) offering so is the guilt (אשמ) (Asham) offering. There is one law (תורת) (Torah) for them. The priest who makes the propitiatory shelter (כפר) (Kapar) with it, his shall it become.

Ascent (עלה) (Olah)

(CLV) Lv 7:8
And the priest who is bringing near a man's ascent (עלה) (Olah) offering, the hide of the ascent (עלה) (Olah) offering which he brings near is for the priest; his shall it become.

Interesting that the priest may keep the hide of the ascent. Some hides need to be burned. This study goes deeper and deeper.

Gift (מנחה) (Mincha)

(CLV) Lv 7:9
And every approach present (מנחה) (Mincha) which is baked in a stove and all that is made in a cooking-pot or on a flat pan is for the priest who is bringing it near; his shall it become.

(CLV) Lv 7:10
Yet every other approach present (מנחה) (Mincha), mingled with oil and drained, shall be for all the sons of Aaron, each man as his brother.

Law of Sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) Peace (שלמים) (Shalomim)

(CLV) Lv 7:11
This is the law (תורת) (Torah) of the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim) which one may bring near to Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 7:12
If he should bring it near for an acclamation (תודה) (Todah) then along with the acclamation (תודה) (Todah) sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) he will bring near unleavened perforated cakes mingled with oil and unleavened wafers anointed with oil and well-mixed perforated cakes of flour mingled with oil.

Thanksgiving (תודה) (Todah)

Todah zebach....

A thanksgiving sacrifice....

I was recently explaining to someone that not everything that is brought to YHWH's table is a zebach. I brought up the korban, and explained that is an offering.

He said, "well isn't an offering a sacrifice?"

I have not seen where YHWH calls a korban a zebach.

Since I believe that not one serif of the Torah has fallen; I'll make a little one right now. I'm a doer that way. Hallelu YAH!

(CLV) Lv 7:13
With perforated cakes of leavened bread shall he bring near his approach (קרבן) (Korban) present, along with the acclamation (תודה) (Todah) sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of his peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim).

Offering (קרבן) (Korban)
Offering- Lifted (תרומה) (Terumah)

(CLV) Lv 7:14
And from it he will bring near one of each kind of approach (קרבן) (Korban) present as a heave (תרומה) (Terumah) offering to Yahweh for the priest who is sprinkling the blood of the peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim); his shall it become.

(CLV) Lv 7:15
As for the flesh of the acclamation (תודה) (Todah) sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of his peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim), on the day of his approach (קרבן) (Korban) present shall it be eaten. None of it shall he leave until morning.

(CLV) Lv 7:16
If his approach (קרבן) (Korban) present is a vow (נדר) (Nadar) or a voluntary (נדבה) (Nedabah) sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach), it shall be eaten on the day of his approach (קרבן) (Korban) with his sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach), and on the morrow the rest of it may be eaten.

Vow (נדר) (Nadar) I suppose that this would pertain to the Nazarite Vow.

The Nazarite Vow is voluntary; and notice that this sacrifice is voluntary.

(CLV) Lv 7:17
Yet the rest of the flesh of the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) on the third day shall be burned in fire.

(CLV) Lv 7:18
If any of the flesh of the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of his peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim) should be eaten, yea eaten, on the third day, the one bringing it near shall not be accepted; it shall not be reckoned to him. Vile shall it become, and the soul eating any of it, he shall bear his depravity.

(CLV) Lv 7:19
As for flesh which is touching anything unclean, it shall not be eaten; in fire shall it be burned. As for other flesh, everyone clean may eat of the flesh.

(CLV) Lv 7:20
Yet the soul who eats flesh from the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim), which is to Yahweh, while his uncleanness is on him, that soul will be cut off from his kinsmen.

(CLV) Lv 7:21
When a soul touches anything unclean, the uncleanness of a human or an unclean beast or any unclean swarmer, and eats any of the flesh of the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim), which is to Yahweh, then that soul will be cut off from his kinsmen.

(CLV) Lv 7:22

(CLV) Lv 7:23
Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, You shall not eat any fat from a bull, sheep or goat.

(CLV) Lv 7:24
The fat of a carcass and the fat of that torn to pieces may be used for any work, yet you shall not eat, nay eat it.

(CLV) Lv 7:25
When anyone is eating the fat from the beast of which he brings near a fire (אשה) (Asheh) offering to Yahweh, then the soul who is eating will be cut off from his kinsmen.

(CLV) Lv 7:26
And no blood at all shall you eat in any of your dwellings, of flyer or of beast.

(CLV) Lv 7:27
Any soul who eats any blood, that soul will be cut off from his kinsmen.

(CLV) Lv 7:28

(CLV) Lv 7:29
Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, The one bringing near the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of his peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim) to Yahweh, he shall bring his approach (קרבן) (Korban) present to Yahweh from the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of his peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim).

(CLV) Lv 7:30
His hands, they shall bring the fire offerings (אשה) (Asheh) of Yahweh. The fat with the chest, he shall bring it, the chest to wave it as a wave (התנופה) (Tenoophah) offering before Yahweh.

Shake (wave) (התנופה) (Tenoophah)

(CLV) Lv 7:31
Then the priest will cause the fat to fume on the altar, and the chest will come to be for Aaron and for his sons.

(CLV) Lv 7:32
The right leg shall you give as a heave (תרומה) (Terumah) offering to the priest from the sacrifices (זבח) (Zebach) of your peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim).

Offering- Lifted (תרומה) (Terumah)

(CLV) Lv 7:33
The one of the sons of Aaron bringing near the blood of peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim) and the fat, he shall come to have the right leg as an assigned share,

(CLV) Lv 7:34
for the chest of the wave (התנופה) (Tenoophah) offering and the leg of the heave (תרומה) (Terumah) offering I take from the sons of Israel, from the sacrifices (זבח) (Zebach) of their peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim), and I shall give them to Aaron the priest and to his sons as an eonian statute, due from the sons of Israel.

(CLV) Lv 7:35
This is the anointed right of Aaron and the anointed right of his sons from the fire offerings (אשה) (Asheh) of Yahweh on the day he brought them near to serve as priests to Yahweh,

(CLV) Lv 7:36
which Yahweh instructed to give to them on the day He anointed them, from the sons of Israel. It is an eonian statute throughout their generations.​

(CLV) Lv 7:37
This is the law (תורת) (Torah) for the ascent (עלה) (Olah) offering, for the cereal approach present (מנחה) (Mincha), for the sin (חטא) (Chata) offering, for the guilt (אשמ) (Asham) offering, for the consecrations (מלוא) (Meelwa) and for the sacrifice (זבח) (Zebach) of peace offerings (שלמים) (Shalomim),

Filling (מלוא) (Meelwa)

(CLV) Lv 7:38
as Yahweh had instructed Moses on Mount Sinai on the day when He gave instructions that the sons of Israel bring near their approach presents (קרבן) (Korban) to Yahweh in the wilderness of Sinai.

This is a work in progress

Last edited: