Bordamere

5th demension of the Space-time-awesome continuum
May 30, 2007
✟16,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So i'm bored one summer night so i decide to come and check up on CTF which i abandoned quite a while ago and i find that all the posts were purged and that the place was practically dead. I knew something was up.

I've been searching for what happened to this place, from what i gathered it seems like a few people brought out the heavy duty flamethrowers. But i have no clue to what extent the flaming and hacking was, everyone seemed to be trying to hide those details.

p.s. this thread better not get deleted or anything for trying to figure out what happened, i've been gone for weeks. If this does get deleted it will be as low as the time i got reported for making a joke about comparing Trevor Hoffman to Jesus.

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, from what I understand (as I wasn't very active at that time and was surprised by the changes as well when I returned), someone on staff leaked some info to someone not on staff. That person took it and ran and blew it up and starting throwing out accusations that staff was trying to be a dictatorship and such. So while everything was being sorted out, the Teen section was taken down (and unfortunately all of the posts were lost in the mayhem), and many of the members who were suspected were banned (some temporarily, some permanently). On top of that, a couple of high-up staff members were hacked by one or more of the teens, which elevated the issue and tempers rose with it. So, many members just left CF and made their own forum and such. And very few of them have returned or want to return (they kind of rejected my post informing them that this section was back up).

Anyway, that's in the past and there's no use arguing about it or anything; what's done is done. However, I encourage you to become active here again and to invite some of your friends that you knew here before then to come back so we can get things back to normal. I'm sorry for any problems all this may have caused for you.

Upvote 0

Truffle

Proud American
May 26, 2006
✟34,869.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I stopped being a regular a long time ago, i was just wondering what happened because it was always fun to pop in and annoy everyone with a post of two, but i can't do that anymore :(. It's sad to see what's happened to this place.
ya agree. have moved on from CF more and more. miss some of the regs but that's net life..ya so:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.