Would the ancient Hebrew word/concept of adultery have included homosexual sex?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟95,055.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexual sex was mentioned in Leviticus 18:

22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Separately, we have Exodus 20:

14 You shall not commit adultery.
Strong's Hebrew 5003: To commit adultery, to apostatize

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

usually of man, always with wife of another
Pulpit Commentary:

Verse 14. - Thou shalt not commit adultery. Our second duty towards our neighbour is to respect the bond on which the family is based, and that conjugal honour which to the true man is dearer than life. Marriage, according to the original institution, made the husband and wife "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24);
Jesus confirms this in Matthew 5:28

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Would the ancient Hebrew word/concept of adultery have included homosexual sex?

I don't think so.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The very context of the law that condemns Homosexuality... (Leviticus 18 and 20) Moses contains Hebrew Poetry which Jesus reveals in the Gospels and blows the minds of the listeners... as He does it.

God binds these acts to not only that of the Land of Egypt... which represented the Apostasy of Foreign god's.... but contrasts it to where Israel is to be headed, which indeed is right up Paul's Theological Ally. Leviticus 18:22 which is the first, direct use of the word Same-Sexual by insinuation... Is bound to APOSTASY... by the very LAW, within the Pentateuch. Molech is as satanic as Ba'al. When Paul, An Israelite, who studied under Gamaliel... and declared himself a "Pharisee of Pharisee's", a man who had not only memorized every word of the Law, but worn it on his Head at times.... via Phylactery... most definitely knew what he was writing when he wrote Romans 1. The false currency was indeed not to the Sinner, but to those that Reprobate the Gospel. Bookends and Bookends of proof are within the law, sandwiching specific decrees against abominable sexual practices within warnings against "Returning to the doings of you former ways" (Metaphorically returning to slavery within Egypt.)

If that isn't enough.... evidence... Leviticus 18:22 is preceded by the very phrase: "And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the Lord"

Oh, it is about Apostasy. The Law makes it VERY clear.

18 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 According to [a]the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, you shall not do; and according to the doings of the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you, you shall not do; nor shall you walk in their [b]ordinances. 4 You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am the Lord your God. 5 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the Lord.

6 ‘None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I am the Lord. 7 The nakedness of your father or the nakedness of your mother you shall not uncover. She is your mother; you shall not uncover her nakedness. 8 The nakedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s nakedness. 9 The nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home or elsewhere, their nakedness you shall not uncover. 10 The nakedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their nakedness you shall not uncover; for theirs is your own nakedness. 11 The nakedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, begotten by your father—she is your sister—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 12 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s sister; she is near of kin to your father. 13 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother’s sister, for she is near of kin to your mother. 14 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s brother. You shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt. 15 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law—she is your son’s wife—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 16 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s nakedness. 17 You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her nakedness. They are near of kin to her. It is wickedness. 18 Nor shall you take a woman as a rival to her sister, to uncover her nakedness while the other is alive.

19 ‘Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness as long as she is in her customary impurity. 20 Moreover you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor’s wife, to defile yourself with her. 21 And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

24 ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you. 25 For the land is defiled; therefore I visit[c] the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants. 26 You shall therefore [d]keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations, either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you 27 (for all these abominations the men of the land have done, who were before you, and thus the land is defiled), 28 lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be [e]cut off from among their people.

30 ‘Therefore you shall keep My [f]ordinance, so that you do not commit any of these abominable customs which were committed before you, and that you do not defile yourselves by them: I am the Lord your God.’ ”

Leviticus 20 The Lord spoke to Moses: 2 “Say to the Israelites: Any Israelite or foreigner living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death; the people of the country are to stone him. 3 I will turn[a] against that man and cut him off from his people, because he gave his offspring to Molech, defiling My sanctuary and profaning My holy name. 4 But if the people of the country look the other way when that man[b] gives any of his children to Molech, and do not put him to death, 5 then I will turn[c] against that man and his family, and cut off from their people both him and all who follow[d] him in prostituting themselves with Molech.

6 “Whoever turns to mediums[e] or spiritists[f] and prostitutes himself with them, I will turn[g] against that person and cut him off from his people. 7 Consecrate yourselves and be holy, for I am Yahweh your God. 8 Keep My statutes and do them; I am Yahweh who sets you apart.

Family and Sexual Offenses​

9 “If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or mother; his blood is on his own hands.[h]

10 If a man commits adultery with a married woman—if he commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. 11 If a man sleeps with his father’s wife, he has shamed his father. Both of them must be put to death; their blood is on their own hands.[i] 12 If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. They have acted perversely; their blood is on their own hands.[j] 13 If a man sleeps with a man as with a woman, they have both committed a detestable thing. They must be put to death; their blood is on their own hands.[k] 14 If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is depraved. Both he and they must be burned with fire, so that there will be no depravity among you. 15 If a man has sexual intercourse with[l] an animal, he must be put to death; you are also to kill the animal. 16 If a woman comes near any animal and mates with it, you are to kill the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their own blood is on them. 17 If a man marries his sister, whether his father’s daughter or his mother’s daughter, and they have sexual relations,[m] it is a disgrace. They must be cut off publicly from their people. He has had sexual intercourse with his sister; he will bear his punishment. 18 If a man sleeps with a menstruating woman and has sexual intercourse with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has uncovered the source of her blood. Both of them must be cut off from their people. 19 You must not have sexual intercourse with your mother’s sister or your father’s sister, for it is exposing one’s own blood relative; both people will bear their punishment. 20 If a man sleeps with his aunt, he has shamed his uncle; they will bear their guilt and die childless. 21 If a man marries his brother’s wife, it is impurity. He has shamed his brother; they will be childless.

Holiness in the Land​

22 “You are to keep all My statutes and all My ordinances, and do them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live will not vomit you out. 23 You must not follow the statutes of the nations I am driving out before you, for they did all these things, and I abhorred them. 24 And I promised you: You will inherit their land, since I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey. I am Yahweh your God who set you apart from the peoples. 25 Therefore you must distinguish the clean animal from the unclean one, and the unclean bird from the clean one. Do not become contaminated by any land animal, bird, or whatever crawls on the ground; I have set these apart as unclean for you. 26 You are to be holy to Me because I, Yahweh, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be Mine.

27 A man or a woman who is[n] a medium or a spiritist must be put to death. They are to be stoned; their blood is on their own hands.”[o]

Paul was holding back against people that apostatize the Gospel. He had quite a nasty collection of things he could have equated them with, within the very Law, that he actually used to prove Christ's fulfillment of, through. Paul didn't have the New Testament, but instead the Greek Bible... which was the Septuagint. Paul had the Septuagint and the words of post Ascension Jesus Christ. Paul agreed with John that the WINE should not be tampered with. Revelation 6:6

Footprints

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Homosexual sex was mentioned in Leviticus 18:

Strong's Hebrew 5003: To commit adultery, to apostatize
Grip's Swan Song

Tony, my pendulum of posting is now fully still. I have put on a show of being a fool that stutters and is unorganized in thought, for this I apologize to you. Please take the time to read this post, because you are now a committed systematic theologian and I took the time to share this with you, because I know you fear God. Tony, read all of my posts... actually don't, it would take you a year. If you read all of my posts, you would see that I exalt God's Love, Humility and Mercy above all things, in my opinionated doctrines. Why? Well, now the part you will rarely see me discuss. Tony, God is truly a force that should never be challenged or underestimated. He has no issue defending Himself, in respects to His POWER. I don't have to defend that aspect of God, BECAUSE the LION of JUDAH outranks all POWER in all of creation. When the end comes and the Adversary raises his hand against GOD, terror that is beyond comprehension will be instilled in all of God's true adversaries, even the Dragon. Don't vomit or anything, but when you Exegete, you are placing yourself at risk, like I do, when I exegete. We are PROPHESYING. " It is a feminine noun that can also mean "prophesying" or "the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth". The word comes from the words prophḗtēs which means "prophet" and pró which means "before". It also comes from the word phēmí which means "make clear, assert as a priority"."

I initially gave this post to ensure that you saw by the very Law, it is connected to Apostasy. Link to post.

You enjoy logical posts. I'm going to leave this post with you, so that you may understand why I do not give scriptural quarter or relief to individuals who attempt to reduce the scope of "PAS" and "Kosmos" within reference to the blood of Jesus Christ to ALL of Creation as revealed in Colossians 1:14-20.

Are you familiar with Westborough Baptist Church? I can't imagine that you are not. If you are not, just give their Wikipedia info a quick read. That being said... here is a specific link to one of their points of doctrine, linked to their actual page. Westborough Baptist Church Actual Doctrine Page

Now, I will keep this logical and organized. They believe that there are people that God Hates. They believe that Jesus Christ's Blood is inaccessible to a portion of all creation, from Creation to "Megiddo" (Rev 16:16). This makes the reading of Romans 1, in the flesh a justifiable reading to say that Reprobates are Hated by God, when tied with the Jacob I Loved, Esau have I "Sane" or as translated poorly, "Hated". (Sane) the Hebrew word that English scholars flippantly translate into hate, is towards a nation (Edom), not a person, first and foremost, but the word (Sane) has a very important study.

"The Hebrew word is sane (Saw-nay). Hebrew words usually describe their meaning in forms of pictures. This one illustrates its meaning as a thorn or seed or it would combine these words “thorn seed.” This Hebrew word is in direct reference to how Hebrew shepherds would plant thorn bushes and especially thorn vines to grow in front of and all around their livestock folds. This helped keep wolves and such out of the folds. It is also the root of the idiom "Kicking against the goads (pricks, thorns). Which, now, having studied the word properly, we can now understand that God doesn't "HATE", but instead is recoiling in pain, from those that RESIST Him, as if they are a Lover "that is not Requiting God's Love". Hosea 2:6 Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.... and again... Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Why is this important? Because one translation is consistent with the Revelation of God's character through Jesus Christ, while the other would literally make God a Hypocrite per Jesus Christ's, John's, James' and Paul's words about Love and Hate.

Back to Westborough Baptist church... They target a very specific group of people that are actually, BY SIN, targeted in the Law. We know that by the two Covenants, that the New Covenant is considered the Will, that went into place when the Ratifier of the first covenant Died. The Law was fulfilled by Jesus Christ on Golgotha. Because the Law was Fulfilled for ALL that Choose to Believe (Repent from reliance on themselves for salvation and Turn to the Bronze Serpent on the Staff - The Medical symbol of many American institutions) ... Because of this... That group is covered under the Blood of Jesus.

Now, look at the irony of God... Who indeed tests us. That very point of Law is bound to apostasy... "And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the Lord." <- There could be no higher example of apostasy than the verse that precedes this point of Law. Passing through the FIRE to another god. This notorious church apostatizes the Gospel to condemn a Creation of God that is covered by His Blood.

Have I made a declarative stance on this "Topic" that is a powder keg waiting for spark? NOPE! I've just been about the Bible and what it reveals. I have said nothing apart from what scripture reveals.

Why do I take this matter seriously? Paul warns that all who taint the Gospel will have bad things in store for them. Is there any higher aspect of the Gospel than the very Blood of God? Is there any mechanism more sacred than the WINE that we are COMMANDED to drink? I FEAR GOD, as much as I LOVE GOD. Does this scriptural fact make me unpopular in theological circles? Tony, have you ever been in debate with 20 people, with only one agreeing with you, and 19 others throwing every condemnation scripture in the Bible at you? I have. Do I fear those that can kill my flesh? NOPE! Do I fear the one that can KILL my SOUL in HELLFIRE? I lay on my stomach, shaking in literal fear before Him on these matters.

All Love in Jesus Christ to you, Brother in Him. I pray the Holy Ghost of Jesus Christ Guides you into the arms of He who is the TRUTH in everything you search out. It's been a pleasure reading your studies.

On non salvational matters, I am peaceful. On salvational matters, I remember these words from a great man that just happened to be GOD, in whom the fullness of the Godhead dwelled: Matthew 10:34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.

Because, our battles are utterly not against flesh and blood.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0