Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there any way of us having a discussion without watching the video? Because Russell Brand isn't here, so I would feel awkward debating him in his absence.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟609,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you will be happy to know the vid and topic has nothing to do with him.

I wouldn't know, but thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟312,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Intellectuals have been taking him seriously for quite some time yes, but this is not about Brand so perhaps you would like to stick to the topic?

I have no idea what the topic is. You posted a video with no description. Just some vague notion of an "ultimate groomer."

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟264,211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is there any way of us having a discussion without watching the video? Because Russell Brand isn't here, so I would feel awkward debating him in his absence.

Neither is Nick Corbishley here (the guy to whom Grant is talking). But let's mention him. Author of a book called 'Scanned' in which he rails against how vaccine passports and mandates will be the end of personal privacy. Missing the fact that most countries are rolling back mandates and don't require a vaccine certificate to visit restaurants, stadiums, theatres etc. And while you do need a vaccine certificate for some countries, places like Spain (where Corbishley lives) will accecpt an antigen test.

And maybe he misses the obvious fact that we do need an actual passport to travel in any case. For which you have to supply a large amount of personal info. Over and above the basic 'I've been vaccinated'. I reapplied for a British passport three years ago and even had to send them a copy of my late mothers birth certificate. And to enter places like the US you need a visa, so you have to supply them with even more information before they'll grant it.

I take it that Corbishley has a mobile phone. There is simply a gagantuan amount of personal info on it that would dwarf anything on a vaccine certificate, a passport or a visa. Which can easily be hacked. Notwithstanding all his personal details held by banks, the tax office, his doctor, licensing authorities etc. And he's worried that he used to need (and might still need in some cases) something that tells whoever is interested that he's had a couple of injections.

The guy is just another Chicken Little who wants to tell everyone know that the sky is falling.

Upvote 0