Visit site
✟17,220.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is an intersting chart for you:
peak_oil_big.jpg

• the demand and supply for regular oil will be, on average, flat until 2010, reflecting alternating price shocks as capacity limits are breached and consequential economic recessions curb demand;
  • the swing role of the Middle East will end in 2010 when in practice it will no longer be able to produce enough to offset the natural decline elsewhere;
  • the production of heavy oil, partly from tar sands, will grow slowly, and deepwater oil will come in as fast as technically possible to peak also around 2010;
  • the entry of more polar oil, mainly from Russia; and
  • an important addition from gas liquids related to gas supply, with probably some increase in extraction.
http://www.peakoil.org

There is no hope, you are being deceived by the masses, hydrogen and solar power will never replace the oil economy and millions will die.

However there is slight hope, very slight.

The end of the oil road will not be the end of the world. Just the end of the world as we know it.
http://www.gulland.ca/depletion/Endofroad.htm

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
SoupySayles said:
Time to start pushing the science weenies a little harder and get us off oil. If you can build atomic bombs and playstations, you can find a viable way to get us off oil.
Even assuming some good case technology led sorting out of the oil dependancy: my concern is that this technology simmply cannot be made available to all, or made available quickly enough; given the technology dependant populations levels we have, and will see increase of.
The gearing on the basis for population growth is just so high, so oil fed technology dependant: that I fear a global level of bloc problematicity; where our system will just not adapt flexibly enough to take care of everyone.
I fear that the crudity we currently see in coalition intervention in ME, could become more pronounced, and more the norm: where this both squeezes out perspective which could actually cope, as being liberal; and starts to make people amenable to ever cruder measures in their own ethnic interest.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't think that oil, or the upcoming lack of it, is as big a threat to the survival of humanity as things like global warming and the threat posed by nuclear weapons. Guess what, if Bush is relected this November, then humanity will yet again be tested for its patience, since Bush is not the kinda guy one should trust since not only has he rejected the Kyoto protocol, when his 'good friend' Blair accepted the need for it, Bush also sits on a whole load of WMD manufactured by his own nation.

Upvote 0
H

hemis

SoupySayles said:
Time to start pushing the science weenies a little harder and get us off oil. If you can build atomic bombs and playstations, you can find a viable way to get us off oil.
Not oil in general, but the crude oil that is pumped. There are still man made oils on the market, just, that are not compatable to be processed into a fuel for our automobiles, though still suffecient to a degree.

besides, this has been no secret. Rather than find alternative fuels, many countries should worry about alternative economies, though I guess the transition facilitates towards both ends. ie, Norway's economy is based so heavily on natural gas and oil that once production has ceized, the nation's economy will surely collapse(into a depression/3rd world style), I believe I read somewhere that 80% of Norways' economy is dependant upon oil and gas production.

Upvote 0

Aduro Amnis

Self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eugene V. Debs
Dec 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟17,220.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
kurabrhm said:
I don't think that oil, or the upcoming lack of it, is as big a threat to the survival of humanity as things like global warming and the threat posed by nuclear weapons. Guess what, if Bush is relected this November, then humanity will yet again be tested for its patience, since Bush is not the kinda guy one should trust since not only has he rejected the Kyoto protocol, when his 'good friend' Blair accepted the need for it, Bush also sits on a whole load of WMD manufactured by his own nation.
So without:
Crude oil
Polystyrene
ABS
Rubber
Latex
Lubrication oil
Paraffin
Wax
Asphalt
Paving
Roads
Industrial fuel oil
Diesel
Kerosene
Gasoline
Petroleum gas
Styrene
We'll be okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
SoupySayles said:

They already have, but the multi nationals, people who have the power are found in the oil business or are related to someone who is in the oil business. THAT is why we don't use environmantal save 'fuels'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aduro Amnis said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is an intersting chart for you:
peak_oil_big.jpg

http://www.peakoil.org

There is no hope, you are being deceived by the masses, hydrogen and solar power will never replace the oil economy and millions will die.

However there is slight hope, very slight.

http://www.gulland.ca/depletion/Endofroad.htm
:thumbsup: Amen!!! Time to be more respectful towards nature...because we are part of it

Upvote 0

Constantine

The Good Fight
Aug 16, 2004
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟698.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
aLx said:
Try telling Mr Bush and Co that.
Yes, it will be President Bush's fault when we run out of oil in the distant future. Yup, it always ends up his fault.

Personally, I think we'll find away around oil. I don't think all those (forgive my bad terminology) scientist are sitting in their offices thinking that we have a never-ending supply of oil. We're humans, we'll find ways around it. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.