Why doesn't God communicate directly with humans more, only confusion

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,152,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 1:18-20 NIV

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

So, by quoting these all too often cited verses, are you implying that God never hides either Himself or His purposes from humanity ... ?

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟33,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, by quoting these all too often cited verses, are you implying that God never hides either Himself or His purposes from humanity ... ?
You are correct. Although He has made Himself plain to all to a degree (enough to invite one to seek Him), He does indeed hide Himself from those who know these things yet teach self-godhood to themselves and others:

Matthew 11:25-27 NIV

"At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

The Good News is that this revelation of Him and His purpose is available to all of us who will seek Him with the faith of a little child - through His Son Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,152,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct. Although He has made Himself plain to all to a degree (enough to invite one to seek Him), He does indeed hide Himself from those who know these things yet teach self-godhood to themselves and others:

Matthew 11:25-27 NIV

"At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

The Good News is that this revelation of Him and His purpose is available to all of us who will seek Him with the faith of a little child - through His Son Jesus Christ.

Yes, I know all of this already. Thanks.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟734,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hi,

So topic of discussion, why doesn't God communicate to humans directly more, like how we are doing now, but in text. Direct communication is two way, like how humans communicate with eachother via text, video call or in person. Yes sometimes God does do this, think of God talking to Moses, Abraham etc.

If God would talk more directly to us humans I think there would be no confusion in the churches, this the reason why we have different denominations, each denomination thinks they are right. But if God called all denominations together and talks to all of them like in a press conference there would be only one denomination. When Jesus returns he propably will hold a press conference for all to see, all confusion will be solved. You either obey Jesus or you dont obey him. Jesus has spoken so no one can really disagree with him.

They say we should fellowship more, but honestly I have done some fellowship, it seems everyone seems confused, I understand, they themselves are not hearing from God directly, it seems they are only seem to be guessing what God's want specifically. People disagreeing with eachother because they have their interpretation of bible verses.

In the time of Moses, God told Moses, Moses told the people, no one dared to question whether the message Moses gave was from God or not. It was obey or disobey, disobey and judgement came rather quickly sometimes. But then again why didnt God just broadcast the message to every people in Moses time, then Moses didnt have to tell them himself. Why didnt GOd just broadcast the message to the people, God seems to work like this in old testament, God tells prophets, prophets tell people. Question, in old testament time, how did the people know the prophet is a real prophet ? ok some like Elijah, Daniel, it is clear, I mean the guy did miracles, but some it seems are not so clear like Isiah Jermiah, what miracles did he do ? Nowadays people are abusing this, claiming to be so called prophets and controlling people.

My opinion it seems pastors nowadays, they themselves are just guessing what God want, by reading the bible and giving their own interpretation, or the interpreation taught by the denomination they are in. Only confusion in my opinion.

My solution for now, I am just using my common sense, ain't gonna listen to no pastor if I am in doubt, God has to tell me directly or I won't listen, thing is I have enough stuff to do in life, like making some money in a honest way offcourse, developing some new skill etc. For now I do support the church financially, I do not tithe, I give what I am willing to give and reasonable amount of money. The reason I don't tithe, is because I believe it is old convenant, ok you see even the subject of tithing there are different interpretations.

Even the organisational structure of the church their is disagreement, some say there must be an elder board that votes, some churches has only one pastor at the top who decides everything, I think the apostolic movement have this. Then u have churches that have financial transparacy, yearly annual reporting, some churches dont have this etc.

Because God isnt communicating directly to each member of the church, some leaders of the churches are abusing this, they say something like this, I am the prophet, so listen to me ! and they are using the church members to become rich, the members give tithes to the churches, some leaders live in mega mansion, while the members are struggling to make ends meet, giving their money to the churches.

Conclusion only confusion in the churches in my opinion.

Br,
What do you mean by "directly"

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟590,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God talked to Abraham, when God talks to you directly you better listen and obey. As u know God rarely talks to people directly it seems ? well not to me, never experienced this.
Trust Him to do all He desires with you.

"Therefore submit to God." (in James 4:7)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

There is no status to God talking to you directly. You can see the things which Abraham and Moses and David did, even after God had shown Himself to them and spoken directly to them. Still, they had their own character to deal with, that needed major correction.

Trust God to change you to be and love like Jesus so we can share with God better and deeper than only talking!

Upvote 0