Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I'm just interested on the different views of being quiverful. What are your reasons for wanting to be quiverful? What made you feel this way? When did you start feeling this way? Did you ever think differently? Please add anything you would like.

Jun 12, 2004
Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am this way mainly after our first son died when i was 3 months pregnant. Holding him in my hands and seeing his little face changed my heart completely. I will never be the same again.
God blesses when He blesses and i am not one to stop him.

Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Similar to Mstodd, when our 3rd child died (born with birth defects and died from surgical complications at 4.5 months old), I gave my fertility to the L-rd. I had to deal with the possibility that He didn't want me to have Any more kids... and that was hard because I had Such a strong desire to have another baby!

When a friend of mine got pregnant using the pill AND condoms, I told the L-rd that if He wanted us to have more kids, He was going to have to do that with us (because we were scared to Death to "plan" another baby. #3 was the only baby we'd planned and look what happened!) Well, He did get us pregnant, 6 more times. :)

I hadn't even heard of the Quiverful mindset until I was pregnant with #7... It really seemed right, but DH was still in the "we don't want to assume G-d wants us to have more" mode of thinking since we're so fertile. I slowly came to the conclusion that it wasn't that we were so "fertile", it was that G-d had opened my womb each time because we were Supposed to have these kids and using condoms or whatever was pointless because G-d would either give us another baby... or not.

DH and I still aren't Exactly on the same page on this, but it seems like a moot point right now. I'm nearly 47, my cycle has shortened Considerably since my miscarriage last year, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to support a pregnancy again should I get pregnant. At any rate, it's up to G-d. :)

Upvote 0

Katakalupto

Blessed be.
Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't use to believe this way. I was on bc pills when I had my first two miscarriages. I knew God hadn't wanted me on bc to begin with. The second miscarriage was a little boy whose features I could see when I miscarried. As hard as seeing that was, I knew that for the short time he was in my life, my son was a blessing. I saw that by using bc I was denying the blessings God may have wanted to bestow upon me. I have since had another miscarriage. But wouldn't trade the joy I felt while I was pregnant for anything. God showed my dh and I that we needed to have stronger faith in him. The first step for us in gaining more faith was to give our fertility over to God completely. I have enjoyed learning more about my fertility and how my body works, but know that only God can open my womb.

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are quiverfull mainly now b/c we have no choice but to be. But before I knew about any fertility problems DH and I talked about letting God be in control. We knew that even using BC we could still get pregnant if God chose for us to at that time, so we opted not to use it. Then when I read everything about hormonal BC and what it does, it confirmed for us why we shouldn't use it.

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are quiverfull mainly now b/c we have no choice but to be. But before I knew about any fertility problems DH and I talked about letting God be in control. We knew that even using BC we could still get pregnant if God chose for us to at that time, so we opted not to use it. Then when I read everything about hormonal BC and what it does, it confirmed for us why we shouldn't use it.
I agree with you. We've been trying for 4 years. With no BC.. and I know that we have to just let God do his work. We may only have a couple being quiverful, but that's fine. I believe that God can work through BC if it's meant to be, so I kinda feel like, what's the point in even using BC.. when God is in control!

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We made a deliberate choice to be 'quiverfull.' It certianly wasn't always this way. I was raised 'pro-life' but never taught about the Pill maybe being abortificant, so started on it just before marriage. Thought that is what you are supposed to do. :(

Skipping along...

My first 2 were 'planned.'

We'd met some quiverfull people, and started listening to tapes from Vision Forum, and decided to look into it. (Having already decided we didn't like the pill for emotional reasons.)

I looked up every verse about children, and family, and parents, etc. Couldn't find one scripture to support NOT having children. (Imagine that!) We were in the 'praying about it' stage when one night (Christmas Eve, no less) DH decided he couldn't stand to use a condom. I showed up pregnant a few weeks later. By way of announcing the test results to DH, I said "well, that settles it."

Sometimes, with DH and I, God has to make things obvious.

That child is named Azariah - means 'gift from God.' :)

Sometimes DH gets to griping about the children and I wonder if he has changed his mind, but when it gets down to it we are committed to not only birthing as many children as God gives, but also raising them to be Godly.

I'm merging into a hijacking (mentally) so I'll stop here.

Upvote 0

Jehane

Jul 15, 2006
✟9,200.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I got twins on the pill & I hated it so there never seemed much point in practising further bc. I do wish people would understand it is God who opens the womb. In 20 years we only got 2 more children; we have 5 altogether, which is not a huge number & got spread over a long period. Most bc I tried played havoc with my body & I think it is seriously bad for women's health on the whole, which is just my think & a completely different issue. We've waited 11 years for our next baby & it is getting doubtful now if there will be any more but I am still hopefull. The older I get the more I appreciate truely what a blessing children are.

Upvote 0

sreno7

Nov 11, 2005
Vancouver Island
✟8,708.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I agree with you. We've been trying for 4 years. With no BC.. and I know that we have to just let God do his work. We may only have a couple being quiverful, but that's fine. I believe that God can work through BC if it's meant to be, so I kinda feel like, what's the point in even using BC.. when God is in control!
My question to people of this philosophy is that if you believe God gives you the right number of kids does tha mean that not only will you not use artificial birth control (not sure why you are against barrier methods) but does that mean if you don't get pregnant you believe GOd doesn't want you to have kids and you won't use fertility methods either?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My question to people of this philosophy is that if you believe God gives you the right number of kids does tha mean that not only will you not use artificial birth control (not sure why you are against barrier methods) but does that mean if you don't get pregnant you believe GOd doesn't want you to have kids and you won't use fertility methods either?
I can't answer for livin4, but I personally would not use medical fertility treatment. I might try being healthier, or 'tricks' like laying with a pillow under my bottom for awhile after.... But I don't see how the hormones could be good for me, and test tube type babies usually are made in large quantities, and the 'extra' babies are 'destroyed.' (SPeaking in very general terms here, you understand.)

As a fellow pentecostal, I would have no problem praying for God's healing and blessing. That method worked for all the women in the Bible. :)

As for barrier methods, they are less objectional than hormonal ones, because there is no damage done to the body (unless you are allergic!), and no chance of causing a "mini-abortion." But, nevermind the less-intimate feeling of the whole thing, they still are used to prevent having a baby. God says children are His reward, a blessing, to be sought for, the crown of old men, the mark of a Godly man (an d woman). WHy would we not want that??? If the BIble spoke so highly of cars, or gold, or mardi gras beads, would we not seek to have many of them? Why is it differant for actual people? (I have my guesses.)

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For 4 years we didn't get pregnant, not for lack of opportunity. After that the floodgates opened. None of our barrier methods worked well enough evidently, not even charting fertility worked for us... lol... God is sovereign. :)

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I have and will again use fertility medication, I could not do IVF as there is more conviction about the process, but I take fertility meds, my issues with conceiving are not fixed with anything else, I do not ovulate on my own, do I think this means God does not want me to have children? Nope, I have three of them, and one of them was from fertility meds. What people don't realize is when you have a medical condition that can be fixed with medication (just like any other illness) taking the medication does not guarantee you will get pregnant, that is still ultimately up to God.

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟19,547.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

My husband and I have always been of the opinion that if we couldn't conceive naturally, then God must have other plans our lives, and we decided that we would not use medical intervention to help us conceive.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had an abortion at 17 and it changed my life forever.

I was on BC briefly in my 20's but never really cared for what it did to my body.

My husband and I just had our first baby 7 weeks ago and are just starting to get intimate again. We have decided to leave everything up to God as He knows best!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums