Not open for further replies.

patriarch

Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
This is from Peggy Noonan's column in this morning's Wall Street Journal.

I love my darling subway and feel great tenderness toward the people crowded into it. We're all together in the noise and clamor and crowdedness, with lights flickering on and off and the public-address system hissing inadequately and the train jerking to a stop in the middle of the tunnel. I sit there--I almost always get a seat--and say the rosary and am happy. How could I not be? I have progressed in my prayer life from praying for myself and my loved ones to praying for others. This took a solid 12 years. Twelve years to learn to pray consistently for others! (This is, I know, an amazingly personal thing to say, but I don't imagine it can harm anyone, and this is not a time for reticence in such matters.) I now pray for strangers, happily. I am so proud of this, and relieved. The subway gives me constant new people to pray for.

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
That is very interesting!! I find myself praying for 'Net friends, mostly, but also if I see people who look like they are hurting or in need (particularly mommies with babies who look like they're having a rough go of it). It is hard to do, and I'm not very successful most times. :(

There is this lady that works in our office. She has a sour look on her face and (worst of all) "I Love BoJo" all over her car. I pray for her to help combat my negative feelings and harsh judgements of her (I have never met her before, so all I'm going on is a few characteristics I've seen).

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We pray the Rosary nightly. We pray for the needs of our family, friends, Church, community, and the world. Not neccesarily in that order. Mostly we offer up our time spent in prayer and reflection to God to use as he wills.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your Mercy. Amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.