Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vineyard (but currently home-bound [before COVID-19]). It is orthodox while still leaving room for people who think outside-of-the-box. This was especially evident when its founder, John Wimber, was alive.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We were on the fringe of a major denomination but didn't belong to its mindset. We were conscious of poeople of a variety of denominations & none help look after us e.g teachers, neighbours. This helped hugely when I critiqued the basis of my standing vis a vis any of them. I think the diversity is a good thing because it is a reminder to individuality more than conformism, once we've grasped what Jesus the Holy Spirit & the Apostles regard as the core.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ did not die on the cross to start 200 denominations!!
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He died on the Cross to redeem His Bride, the Church. (Have you ever tried to build one of those from scratch before...?)

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Anglo-Catholic, High Church here. Although I respect the Roman Church and definitely respect the Eastern Orthodox Church, however I am English - not Roman or Eastern.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rach-17

Jun 1, 2020
texas
✟8,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He died on the Cross to redeem His Bride, the Church. (Have you ever tried to build one of those from scratch before...?)
Christ died to redeem all of man kind. The church began after his death and resurrection. And what was aforesaid was an exaggeration of sort.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ died to redeem all of man kind. The church began after his death and resurrection.
"Husbands, love your wives,
just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
that He might present her to Himself a glorious church,
not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing,
but that she should be holy and without blemish." Ephesians 5:25-27 NKJV

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟74,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Southern Baptist.

I was raised in that denomination and like how it allows for a broad spectrum of opinions when it comes to doctrine while still trying to uphold the Gospel and orthodoxy.

I do think I'm more moderate compared to the average Southern Baptist, though.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟969,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
High Church Anglo-Catholic Episcopalian/Anglican by choice for its historical, traditional, liturgical, & sacramental worship forms while having a communion table open to all baptized Christians.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟429,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am apart of the Christian Reformed tradition. I like it a lot better than my previous denomination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟781,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Anglicanism (Anglo-Catholic)
- emphasizes scripture, but also takes account of tradition and reason.
- a moderate approach to social and ethical issues
- its generally inclusive and ecumenical stance towards other churches
- its rich music and liturgical resources, variety of worship styles
- Anglocatholicism, due to its emphasis on the catholic heritage of the church, as well as the sacraments, including the Real Presence in the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,019,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Anglicanism (Anglo-Catholic)
- emphasizes scripture, but also takes account of tradition and reason.
- a moderate approach to social and ethical issues
- its generally inclusive and ecumenical stance towards other churches
- its rich music and liturgical resources, variety of worship styles
- Anglocatholicism, due to its emphasis on the catholic heritage of the church, as well as the sacraments, including the Real Presence in the Eucharist.

My brother in Christ

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are
Which denomination do you belong to?

And what draws you to that particular denomination?

We are part of the PNCC. We once belong to the Roman Catholic Church. Yet when they closed so many churches locally forming mega churches on the frigs of our county we grew troubled started a News Letter for our community for those now left without a church.
Then we both had dreams, our closed church was sinking in mud when it arose. Another, The cross of Christ was sinking and were told, "Your Church shall reopen and it will be Catholic."

We told parishioners about these dreams before our church was closed and were told, "The RCC never will sell a Catholic church to another Catholic community, it just doesn't happen."

Three years after that closing we were invited to a meeting at our local fire company. Bishop Peplowski from the Polish National Catholic Church was there. One of the questions he asked us all, as how many of us had not been to church since our church closed. Over a third had not been to church, they could not get to one so far away and milk their cows!

So we voted to apply to the RCC to allow the PNCC to reopen our church, and they agreed.

The we had a quagmire on our hands, those disenfranchised RC parishioners now had a church close enough to go to mass but should we also join this church to help them out. We prayed and felt strongly we should but we still took all we heard and drempt to a RC priest we respected greatly.

yet after we told him everything we felt the L-rd had told us he answered over and over again, "should pray abut this". After about the tenth of twelfth time he said this after we replied, "We did and" "felt" or "drempt" ... he come again with "just pray" till my husband said, "Father are you listening to us?"

To make the story shorter, like the disciples, we followed the L-rd's clear direction and He has blessed this reborn congregation greatly.

Upvote 0