What video games are you currently playing?

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Awesome. Never played Super Mario RPG before but I do love the Paper Mario series and it's a spiritual successor of it I've heard.

Just sad Nintendo didn't drop this game immediately like they did the Metroid Prime remaster.
I did like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door a lot. Missed the original Paper Mario when it came out and haven't got to it yet. Maybe they'll give it an update next. Super Mario RPG was so good. It had a lot of fun original characters. It sucks it's not out just yet but it'll make a great holiday game.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟934,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I want to try out that new Harvest Moon remake. Hasn't received the best reviews, but I still believe I can derive some enjoyment out of it.

There's a harvest moon on steam for PC that was made about 3-4 years ago that I've been meaning to check out too.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I want to try out that new Harvest Moon remake. Hasn't received the best reviews, but I still believe I can derive some enjoyment out of it.

I'll be honest.. this game is a huge let down.. I guess I was warned.. feel like I wasted 25+ hours of my life.. maybe the game becomes more complex the more you play it.. but right now.. I'll just go back to Stardew Valley for my farming sim needs. Finally got out of this sunken cost fallacy mindset for this game.

Plus.. for a remake.. the graphics are pretty crappy.. and the controls and movements are annoyingly stiff at times. Just another lazy "remake" if it even deserves to be called that. While Stardew isn't the most adult game in the world.. the writing in this Harvest Moon game is so corny and sugary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Done with the first Jurassic Park in the Lego Jurassic World collection. The games are based on the first four movies. Lego games based on movies are the epitome of cozy platformers, lighthearted and fairly simple, nice for a relaxing experience. The most challenging moment was a Quick Time Event that, thankfully, lets you keep doing it until you get it right. I enjoyed that because QTEs are rare these days.

The game isn't on sale now but it regularly goes on sale for 8 dollars on the Eshop. Dekudeals is a helpful website since you can see the lowest price a game has been on the Eshop, how often it goes on sale, etc.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Didn't realize Pikmin 4 was coming out so soon. Downloaded it a few days ago, might try it out a little tonight.

Still haven't tried the game out.. need to get around to it today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still haven't tried the game out.. need to get around to it today.

Finally got around to it. This game is much more addicting than I thought it would be. Beautiful graphics too.

I like the Pikmin series, but Pikmin 1 was always by far my favorite. Although with Pikmin 4.. this might be my new favorite title in the series.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I played The Sims 4 today and will probably play it tomorrow. I still think The Sims 3 is better.

I was tempted to download the Sims 4 on the PS5 the other day, but I heard it's full of microtransactions. Is this true?

Or maybe it's different depending on the platform?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was tempted to download the Sims 4 on the PS5 the other day, but I heard it's full of microtransactions. Is this true?

Or maybe it's different depending on the platform?
No. There' just tons of expansion packs, stuff packs, game packs, and kits that total over $1000 if you have them all (I have them all) lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's annoying but my PS5 has suddenly become darker when I play games.. I know it's not my TV brightness dying.. when I watch Netflix it's as bright as ever. Even when I try to adjust the HDR on the PS5.. that's the only time it becomes really bright again.

Hope it's fixable. Because playing Horizon: Forbidden West is so beautiful with all the bright colors sticking out.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing some Grand Theft Auto 5.

Just roaming around the city. Relaxing.

Think my PS5 brightness issue might have resolved itself.. at least for some games. The game I was initially playing was a PS4 game. Perhaps the lack of HDR was the culprit? Strange though.. when I first started playing it.. it was really bright. Now it's quite dull, but from playing PS5 games.. they seem fine.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trying out Planet Coaster. I will say.. learning the controls is frustrating.. but I'm slowly getting it. Wish it was a little more intuitive like Cities Skylines..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,177,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trying out Planet Coaster. I will say.. learning the controls is frustrating.. but I'm slowly getting it. Wish it was a little more intuitive like Cities Skylines..

Finally got a hang of the controls. I'm highly enjoying this game now. Will fill my sim needs until City Skylines 2 comes out in a few weeks.

I see this game and other games have options for keyboard and mouse support... might try that with my PS5.

Upvote 0