What is your Favorite Time Period in American/US History?

What is your Favorite Time Period in American/US History?

• The Pre-Columbian Age!

• The Age of Exploration and the Founding of Settlements and Colonies!

• The French and Indian War, Revolutionary War, and The War of 1812!

• Manifest Destiny, Westward Expansion, and The Mexican American War!

• The American Civil War and Reconstruction!

• The Gilded Age, The Progressive Age, and the Age of American Imperialism!

• The World War One, The Roaring 20's, The Great Depression, and World War Two!

• The Cold War, The Civil Rights Movement, The Korean War, and The Vietnam War!

• The Gulf War, 9/11, The Iraq War, and the War on Terrorism!

• Another Time Period in American/US History!

Results are only viewable after voting.

VikingGirlTBird

VikingGirlTBird!
Oct 13, 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA.
✟8,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everybody!

How are all of you?

What is your favorite civilization(s) in American/US History and/or your favorite historical time period(s) in American/US History and why is that particular civilization(s) and/or that particular historical time period(s) your favorite civilization(s) and/or your favorite historical time period in American/US History?

Thanks so much for answering my questions everybody!

Peace! :)

My favorite historical time periods in American History/US History are the Sixteenth Century, The Seventeenth Century, The American Revolutionary War, and the American Civil War because the Sixteenth Century really reminds me of the Middle Ages in Northern and Western Europe (The Middle Ages are my favorite historical period in history!), The Seventeenth Century is also very similar to the Sixteenth Century in so many ways (The Seventeenth Century reminds me of the Middle Ages in Northern and Western Europe a little bit but, not as much as the Sixteenth Century does!), The American Revolutionary War because I really love "the Spirit of America and Americans" as whole and "the Spirit of American Patriotism" in the American Revolutionary War, and the American Civil War because I really love the Spirit American Patriotism with the Union and the Confederacy, and etc in the American Civil War.

My favorite civilizations/ethnic groups in the United States of America during the Sixteenth Century are The English (The Tudors and the Elizabethans!), Other Northern and Western European civilizations/ethnic groups/colonists during the Sixteenth Century, and the Native Americans. My favorite civilizations/ethnic groups in the United States of America during the Seventeenth Century are the English, The Scandinavians, The French, The Dutch, Other Northern and Western European Colonists/Ethnic Groups during the Sixteenth Century, and the Native Americans. My favorite ethnic groups/American Colonists during the American Revolutionary War were The British (The English, The Anglo-Irish, The Scottish, The Scots Irish, The Irish, and The Welsh!), The French, The Germans, Other Northern and Western European ethnic groups/American Colonists, and the Native Americans. My favorite civilizations/ethnic groups/Americans during the American Civil War were British Americans (English Americans, Anglo-Irish Americans, Scottish Americans, Scots Irish Americans, Irish Americans, and Welsh Americans!), French Americans, German Americans, Other Northern and Western European American ethnic groups, and the Native Americans!

All of these historical time periods and civilizations, ethnic groups, American Colonists, and Americans Ethnic Groups in American/US History that I just mentioned above because are my favorite historical time periods and civilizations, ethnic groups, American Colonists, and American Ethnic Groups in American/US History because I really love their daily lives, their society, their cultures, their heritages, their history, their ancestral homelands, and etc in American/US History!

Last edited:

Elainecoffey

Elaine
Jun 4, 2022
Washington D.C
✟15,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
American Life in the 1940s was a time of unity and victory. Despite the war, this is one of the few times in American History where the whole country is united no matter their race. The cars are the best I have seen so far, along with the Music like the Andrew Sisters and Glenn Miller. City life was not as bad, along with country life. The Depression is over, and America has recovered partially; women now are more recognized and accepted in society, and it is an excellent example of "team effort."

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟220,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I voted Westward Expansion & Civil Rights/Vietnam era.

Westward Expansion, just find it interesting how the country grew. One day the country’s just the East, the next it’s becoming an empire.

Civil Rights/Vietnam era set the stage for where we are today. A lot of things going on today can be traced to that time period. It’s the origin of it. What people talk about today didn't come out of nowhere.
Didn’t vote for it, but Civil War era too (leading up to it)

Upvote 0