Us
✟44,980.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ever since I was little ive had this weird thing, where I would be doing something random, like literally anything, and this voice in my head would suddenly say "do that X amount more times or Y(bad thing) will happen". And I would be forced to go do it again. It may be five times, may be 10. Sometimes it would take quite awhile. When I was young I used to think it was God, but now im noticing that this is not a common way with how God talks to people. So is it God? Idk.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever since I was little ive had this weird thing, where I would be doing something random, like literally anything, and this voice in my head would suddenly say "do that X amount more times or Y(bad thing) will happen". And I would be forced to go do it again. It may be five times, may be 10. Sometimes it would take quite awhile. When I was young I used to think it was God, but now im noticing that this is not a common way with how God talks to people. So is it God? Idk.
You might have asked this question in an earlier posting of yours. This sounds like scrupulosity, a form of OCD. God would never ask you to do "x" a certain amount of times.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, in any case, you should evaluate if that thing is good to do.

And we have Colossians 3:15 >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, God our Father wants to share with us in His own peace, guiding us personally all the time. So, He does not want to only at times tell us something.

Upvote 0