What Every Catholic Needs to Know About Conspiracy Theories, and How to Help Loved Ones Who Fall for Them...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟21,685.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Conspiracy - 1) a plan secretly devised to accomplish an evil or treacherous end.
2) to act in harmony to achieve a common end.

Pope JP II wrote something over 20yrs ago that stuck with me - "The veil of darkness has almost completely descended over the World".
We can sense our enemy's presence and activity in our Govt's but by saying that, we have become "conspiracy theorists", no?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Conspiracy - 1) a plan secretly devised to accomplish an evil or treacherous end.
2) to act in harmony to achieve a common end.

Pope JP II wrote something over 20yrs ago that stuck with me - "The veil of darkness has almost completely descended over the World".
We can sense our enemy's presence and activity in our Govt's but by saying that, we have become "conspiracy theorists", no?
No. There is a huge difference between truth and conspiracy theories. You can take an inking of truth and blow it up into bloated conspiracy theories that promote unhealthy behavior, division, and falsehoods that promote fear and suspicion or you can see the difference between truth, lies, fear and peace. It’s one thing to see things as they are and quite another to bloat it into a panicked conspiracy theory where people are distracted beyond reason.

What are the fruits of conspiracy theories and what do they promote?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟21,685.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No. There is a huge difference between truth and conspiracy theories. You can take an inking of truth and blow it up into bloated conspiracy theories that promote unhealthy behavior, division, and falsehoods that promote fear and suspicion or you can see the difference between truth, lies, fear and peace. It’s one thing to see things as they are and quite another to bloat it into a panicked conspiracy theory where people are distracted beyond reason.

What are the fruits of conspiracy theories and what do they promote?
Can you give me some examples of CT's?
A friend is a solid devotee of David Icke - a UK CT who says the Royal Family are hybrid human/reptile species. To me, that is CT...the outrageous, insane stuff.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you give me some examples of CT's?
A friend is a solid devotee of David Icke - a UK CT who says the Royal Family are hybrid human/reptile species. To me, that is CT...the outrageous, insane stuff.
Right and it is.

Evil and covert things that are actually happening with documentation/proof are another thing. Things that we a warned about in Scripture are a different thing. They are not a secret. As JPII did, people see it.

But when people start talking about so-called symbolism, secret societies, etc. that cannot be proven either way are just feeding into their own personal narratives and wishes. Some are actually gleeful about it.

My sister was into David Icke and other things that fed into the magical thinking and so-called esoteric knowledge that nobody else is supposed to be aware of. It gives people a sense of power and control. One of the chosen few that have this so-called secret knowledge. Ask any of them outright about something where they speak directly about these things is a lost cause. It’s all very cryptic. It’s a vicious circle. You cannot reason with a conspiracy theorist the same way you cannot reason with a cult member.

She went into psychosis. It did some major damage and she is still dealing with it to this day. She tried to commit suicide in early December and from what I understand, it’s not uncommon.

As her doctor said:
People really should not waste energy or time talking or thinking about such things. It is not a healthy pursuit and exploits weaknesses. It robs people of a balanced life.

Myself? I think it’s evil. It lacks discernment. Life is not a puzzle to be solved. A constant analyzation. We see through the mirror darkly as Paul stated in Scripture.

She nearly lost her mind by researching this kind of esoteric “knowledge”. I believe there is a category of faux knowledge that can create destructive forces within the mind, leading to mental illness like psychosis. It happened to her. She is now diagnosed schizophrenic, etc. her brain has shrunk and she still has visual and auditory hallucinations. When she got into this she was all in. It devoured her.

With that mental illness you often lose the greater part of your emotions - your soul. It can lead to paranoia and delusional thinking.
Her doctor introduced her to others that have suffered the same in her group therapy.
Many are still terrified of the things they dabbled in. She is terrified of David Icke. She was telling us they were in contact and having an affair. *(gross)*. I tried one time to tell her she was better than that and she was terrified he was going to come after me. She thinks he is all powerful that even the elite and Illuminati are willing to give him a wide berth.

Surely some part of us has to know that this quest for more useless and false knowledge is a self destructive desire. It’s not of God. Doesn’t this go back to the Garden of Eden when Eve was asked, did God REALLY say….?

People need to stop exposing themselves to things that is disturbing, depressing or cryptic and spreading seeds of fear.

People need to stop chasing conspiracy theories that were probably invented by other insane delusional people or money grubbing con artists. It’s not harmless.

A lot of these scenarios have other things planted into them such as earth elements, etc. Hindu/New Age stuff. It’s a convoluted mess.

The difference between a conspiracy theory and discernment concerning reality is quite clear to me. We are to be concerned with the Kingdom of God and promote that. We are not supposed to dabble in lies and what the so-called elite are doing… lizard people, flat earth, how many guns you got, who are you going to shoot if someone comes after your hoarded supply, etc. What fruit does it produce?

I have no issues with those that store for their families. But I have issues with those that make it an idol.

What JPII said was simply common sense. There was no conspiracy theories there.

People twist and cherry pick Scripture all the time to make these conspiracies fit on with their Christianity but I think it fails miserably.

Context and the true meaning of what was written in its time is a must.

Alright, it’s rare for me to vent like this but that’s my feeling on the issue. I’ve seen it firsthand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solo81
Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟278,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What were those?
Vaccine efficacy
Lab created COVID 19
Ukraine Bio labs
Russian disinformation
Hunter Biden Laptop
US spying on it's citizens
Jan 6th

And these are off the top of my head without sitting down and making a list.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vaccine efficacy
Lab created COVID 19
Ukraine Bio labs
Russian disinformation
Hunter Biden Laptop
US spying on it's citizens
Jan 6th

And these are off the top of my head without sitting down and making a list.
You considered those conspiracy theories? I mean, this stuff was openly discussed in the news and spoke of in articles. Not really the same thing at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,767,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The MSM did until they were proven not conspiracy theories.
Well that’s what they might have claimed but that hardly fits the definition of a conspiracy theory imo.

Upvote 0