Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The ones from your list that I remember seemed a bit too evangelical for my tastes. Plus, a lot of them seemed to lack something. Some element of the production always came off as amazingly amateurish. Lots of cheese all around.

Between theology and production value, there are simply not very many Christian movies that I enjoy.

Evangelical:
(Definition):

1. emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual.​

Source:
Definition of EVANGELICAL

The primary focus of the Bible is about being evangelical, and it is not about rituals. So it does not appear we have the same understanding on Bible basics. Then again, I don't prescribe to watching ritual based movies or Catholic ones for that matter. So it is understandable you would not like most of the Christian movies on my list. Christianity is not about rituals or attending a specific church, but it is about knowing God and walking with Him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are looking for good acting, the best acting I have seen in a Christian film is the Redemption of Henry Myers. It's a Western, and I am not normally a fan of Westerns, but this one is really excellent.

If you are looking for a good production, Breakthrough has a bigger budget and big name actors.

My favorite is Time Changer.
My second favorite is Play the Flute (although I did not like the ending and some other minor things). Play the Flute is awesome because the main actor does an amazing job. He basically carries the film and the story. It is the best film in my opinion that gets you inspired to want to follow the Lord.

My favourite also is Time changer, it truly does bring home how far we , yes, Christians also have allowed worldly ways into our lives and is sobering.

I also liked Power of the Air.

I don't really get to see movies other than on a christian channel here in Australia that you have to pick and choose. They have had so many that are just plain cheesy and predictable and not really Christ centred or evangelistic.

Another I liked was The Prayer Box.

Some DVDs that sound good to me, I can't get because of the region (they won't play here). Also the cost can be very high, so you would have to know you would watch it more than once to justify spending money on it.

My 5 cents worth.:yum:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I missed out The secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
I liked and have rewatched that.

I am glad you enjoyed it.
I love Christian movies that help to inspire believers to follow the Lord.

Anyways, hope you are doing well;
May God's blessings be upon you greatly today.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My favourite also is Time changer, it truly does bring home how far we , yes, Christians also have allowed worldly ways into our lives and is sobering.

I also liked Power of the Air.

I am glad we have a favorite Christian film.
Time Changer is great overall. Funny, creative, and it has an amazing message.
As for Power of the Air: I was meaning to check that out sometime.

You said:
I don't really get to see movies other than on a christian channel here in Australia that you have to pick and choose. They have had so many that are just plain cheesy and predictable and not really Christ centred or evangelistic.

Yeah, not all things with the Christian label are Christian (which is sad).

You said:
Another I liked was The Prayer Box.

Thanks. I will check that out.

You said:
Some DVDs that sound good to me, I can't get because of the region (they won't play here). Also the cost can be very high, so you would have to know you would watch it more than once to justify spending money on it.

My 5 cents worth.:yum:

Everything happens for a reason. Also, things are in God's timing, as well.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We like Woodlawn, because it was shot in our hometown and many of our friends and neighbors are extras. The stadium where all the football scenes are filmed is my high school and where I played football back in the 80s.

Thank you for sharing your favorite Christian movie.
I heard Woodlawn brought a lot of people to Christ. Praise God!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just rewatched Power of the Air.
It makes such good points about Christians and the influences that we allow to creep in.

And what we really should be doing : telling the lost about Jesus, including opposition that will come our way.

I'd recommend it highly.
I would really like someone to watch it and tell me what they thought about it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just rewatched Power of the Air.
It makes such good points about Christians and the influences that we allow to creep in.

And what we really should be doing : telling the lost about Jesus, including opposition that will come our way.

I'd recommend it highly.
I would really like someone to watch it and tell me what they thought about it.

Thank you. I will check it out sometime in the next week or so (Lord willing).

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know some might not consider it such but I think the Shawshank redemption is a great Christian movie. It involves an innocent man who is imprisoned and a guilty man he befriends. The story is really the redemption of Red the guilty man. Andy the innocent man never loses hope and by the end of the movie Red the guilty man finds hope and redemption

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know some might not consider it such but I think the Shawshank redemption is a great Christian movie. It involves an innocent man who is imprisoned and a guilty man he befriends. The story is really the redemption of Red the guilty man. Andy the innocent man never loses hope and by the end of the movie Red the guilty man finds hope and redemption

In my original post, I posted this:

Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.
Shawshank Redemption is not an exclusively Christian film. Please only mention films that are exclusively Christian in nature by the storyline and characters focusing on following Jesus Christ.

Thank you, and may God bless you.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my original post, I posted this:

Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.
Shawshank Redemption is not an exclusively Christian film. Please only mention films that are exclusively Christian in nature by the storyline and characters focusing on following Jesus Christ.

Thank you, and may God bless you.

Understood, but the movie was about faith, hope, and redemption. I am sorry but most not all but most movies that are specifically Christian are horrible, they come off as cheesy, or judgmental, bad dialogue. One of the few exceptions would be Passion of the Christ.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Understood, but the movie was about faith, hope, and redemption.

No it wasn't. Jesus and salvation in Him is the only true way of faith, hope, and redemption. Nothing of the sort was mentioned in the film. Thus, it is not a truly Christian film.

You said:
I am sorry but most not all but most movies that are specifically Christian are horrible, they come off as cheesy, or judgmental, bad dialogue. One of the few exceptions would be Passion of the Christ.

When I put away popular big budget fantasy movie watching, and dedicated my life more to Christ, I in time discovered Christian movies that were actually good. Many of them are not good, but that does not mean there are not a few rare gems. I believe that if one has dedicated their life to Christ and in seeking to follow Him as their goal in life, then one will not look solely to the acting, or the production quality always, but they will look to the message in how it will inspire them to want to follow Christ. Many of the Christian movies on my list in the beginning of this thread are films that I feel help to do that. A true Christian film will leave you with the thinking of following Jesus because it talks about the Word of God, and Jesus, and the Bible, etc.

Side Note:

Oh, and by the way, did you see any of the Christian movies on my list?

Side Note 2:

I noticed that you posted a horror film thread. I used to love horror movies, but after maturing in Christ, I found them to be sickening and evil. Please take no offense, but I believe Christians will be repulsed by horror movies. Looking at such things will want to make a Christian to vomit or feel sick to their stomach. I believe that if a Christian is still watching horror movies still, then they need to check their spiritual pulse and or walk with the Lord. That is just my friendly 2 cents worth. You can take it or leave it, my friend.

Anyways, peace and blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im gonna watch "Time changer" for the first time tonight

I like some of the Jefferson Moore movies alot. I watched:

Clancy
Clancy once again
The perfect stranger
The perfect Gift

All movies i enjoyed alot

I hope you enjoy it.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,204,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im gonna watch "Time changer" for the first time tonight

I like some of the Jefferson Moore movies alot. I watched:

Clancy
Clancy once again
The perfect stranger
The perfect Gift

All movies i enjoyed alot

Let us know what you thought of Time Changer, brother.
I am curious as to your thoughts on it.

Upvote 0