Mar 27, 2011
✟100,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This year I am pushing myself to try to find new recipes that I can add to my staples. Especially recipes that aren’t too fussy to make, taste great, and heat up well as leftovers.

Let’s share pictures of our meals we really enjoy here! If somebody else wants to make it, we can share the recipe!

This was my dinner last night: lemon caper pasta. I subbed vegan heavy cream, cashew Parmesan and lentil pasta to make it vegan and add a little extra protein. Couldn’t recommend more! So good and easy!

A043E13C-E778-4307-91F5-518CBFA1B093.jpeg

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last night was frozen pizza and taquitos. I need to try harder tonight. Lol

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟847,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: TheRealAriel
Upvote 0

pen_and_poetry

Kale Queen
Nov 25, 2022
Orange county, CA
✟33,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Had pizza with friends yesterday. Today, berries and salad :) I had TWO pieces of pizza and a couple of pizza bread knots and I was starving afterwards. But berries and salad fill me up and don't hurt my stomach.

I live with a bunch of roommates so I can't cook easily like I use to, but I'm fiddling with things. That lemon caper pasta looks really delicious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a glazed ham person.

1 Costco master carve half ham, cut in half (I cook 1/2 of the ham at a time due to having a small pan size, if you want to glaze a whole ham, double the recipe)

Glaze: (Source: Home doubled)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves

Measure ingredients into a saucepan and stir together. Preheat the oven for the ham to 350 degrees.

Heat on medium (4 or 5 on most ranges) for 3 minutes past bubbling or until the mixture is both bubbling and caramel in color. If it is yellow and bubbling, it's not ready yet. Do not turn up the burner to speed up the process as that will scorch the sugar.

While you are waiting for the glaze to be ready, cut the ham if needed and place it in the pan you are going to cook it in. When the glaze is ready, pour it on the ham immediately. Glaze should be somewhat runny - that's normal. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Cut ham and serve.

------------------------------------------

I keep the leftover ham in the refrigerator inside a gallon Ziploc bag and just pour the glaze from the pan into the bottom of the bag. Then I cut the ham into 1/2 inch thick slices and eat it with swiss cheese on 2 bagels for breakfast with apple slices. The cooking takes a little time, but it makes for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning for about 2 weeks per ham, and it's a lot more nutritious than having bacon or sausage.

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟100,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
@TheRealAriel- your food looks delicious! :D
Thanks! I struggle with eating too much so I have found the best solution for me is to make really tasty food that satisfies me without binging.

This morning I’m having cozy Cajun black eyed pea/collared green soup with cornbread.
050779FF-0144-43A1-888D-D7C0696E8A4A.jpeg

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟847,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had salmon tonight. Trying to get away from the burger patty all the time for dinner. More fish and leaner meats. I did try mushrooms and onions with it, but it wasn't a good combination lol.

TheRealAriel
TheRealAriel
When I used to eat salmon I always liked it broiled with lemon and asparagus. Super yummy- thinly slice the lemon and put it on the fish to cook, then put the asparagus next to it on the same sheet with a little olive oil.
Upvote 0
Saucy
Saucy
I'll have to try that!
Upvote 0
linux.poet
linux.poet
I am unfortunately allergic to fish.
  • Friendly
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0