• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wellbutrin (XL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody Joy

Mar 9, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟20,487.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am currently on this as well as a generic form of Prozac. I take Wellbutrin in the morning and the prozac at night. Anyone else take Wellbutrin? Any side effects? Just a warning for any antidepressant users. Read the warning labels. The warning label on my Wellbutrin says "DO NOT drink alcholic beverages while taking this medication". I drank a few drinks Friday night and got very sick. I had never gotten that sick before (I used to drink a couple years ago). Also now it seems like the major side effect I've been having with this medication (nerve distrurbances) has increased a lot today. I feel like I'm going crazy. Hopefully this will wear off!!

greenessa

May 28, 2004
✟908.00
Faith
Christian
I also experienced a side effect due to not reading the warnings first. I was on Paxil and took a cold med at bedtime and was out of it all night. Spinning room, dizzy, nauseous, etc. :| Yuck. Glad to hear you fell well now. I am on Celexa now and I won't even have one drink because I worry about the effects. Vanessa

Upvote 0

Melody Joy

Mar 9, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟20,487.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I pay $25/month for Wellbutrin and that's with insurance. Don't know how much it is without. I am also on prozac (generic) which I take at night, and I'm hoping to get off of it in a few months. It has sexual side effects (low desire). Wellbutrin doesn't have that. The only side effect (besides getting really sick after drinking) is the nerve disturbances that seem to happen when I feel stressed but they aren't terrible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.