Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pointed out the mistakes made in his video and I'm calling your bluff by showing me the "glaring contradictions" made in my presentation.

You may do your own homework on your post. It's. Right. There. Big as life!

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I haven't said anything about the "unseen world".

You have so. You are calling it dark matter or dark energy or an electrical field. I call it God. His power, His glory? I don't now the mechanics of the spiritul realm but God made it and owns it. So I guess we could call it the Kingdom of God.

All this stuff is related and you know it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have so. You are calling it dark matter or dark energy or an electrical field. I call it God. His power, His glory? I don't now the mechanics of the spiritul realm but God made it and owns it. So I guess we could call it the Kingdom of God.

All this stuff is related and you know it.

You referenced:

5% of our total reality?

which I tried to determine if you were referring to the idea that 5% of the universe is ordinary matter when *you* were talking about the undetected parts of reality. Which seemed to be a reference to god. I would never equate your god with dark energy or dark matter (that would be denigrating) and was trying to see if that's what *you* were implying when you made your "5% of reality" comment.

Now I will talk (briefly) about dark energy and matter. Dark matter is an unknown particle (or group of particles) that affect the ways gas clusters into galaxies and the way galaxies rotate). Dark energy (an unidentified physical effect, perhaps the energy of empty space) alters the rate the Universe expands.

Neither creates the Universe, or planets, or life, or determines morality, or any of the other properties attributed to your god. Neither is a substitute for the other.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may do your own homework on your post. It's. Right. There. Big as life!
Your bluff has been well and truly called out, you were challenged to point out the “glaring contradictions” in my corrections of Missler’s portrayal of pigeonholing science with religion and failed to do so.
The reality is the science is beyond your capacity for comprehension and the end result is your violation of the 8th or 9th commandment depending on which Christian version you follow.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't hve anything against an education, just as long as it doesn't interefere with a mans thinking.
I see the 8th or 9th commandment is getting another workout.
Your comment is not a supportive view for education but a prime example of using anti-intellectualism to depreciate the role of education.
The objective of education in STEM subjects and humanities is not only about the acquisition of knowledge but also the development of critical thinking skills.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,223.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So unless you're a scientist too, I'll continue to take your sarcasm as laughable and narrow minded.
Chuck Missler is not a scientist, he is an engineer. He should stick to his field of expertise as he is clearly out of his depth in the scientific field.

• Agree
Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟157,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Knock on the table in front of you. Sound solid? Feel solid? Prolly even looks solid.

Now think about in science class and looking at a illustration of an atom. It has a nucleus and an electron orbits around it, remember? We used to think that it was the smallest particle but more modern science tells us different. The atoms are microscopic, and the ratio of size relative to each other (electron and nuleus) is a great distance. If you made an enlarged atom to scale the size would make the distances even more absurd. There is more empty space in an atom than there is matter.

So the able you just knocked on has more empty space in it than it does matter. It's more not solid than it is solid. Yet we perceive it as solid. This points direvtly toward digital imaging. We live in the Matrix.
Physical light was long before the matrix, so the matrix is part of the physical light as the table.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You referenced:

which I tried to determine if you were referring to the idea that 5% of the universe is ordinary matter when *you* were talking about the undetected parts of reality. Which seemed to be a reference to god. I would never equate your god with dark energy or dark matter (that would be denigrating) and was trying to see if that's what *you* were implying when you made your "5% of reality" comment.

The 5% of reality is what we can see here on earth and in the cosmos. It covers everything we can see as humans.

Now I will talk (briefly) about dark energy and matter. Dark matter is an unknown particle (or group of particles) that affect the ways gas clusters into galaxies and the way galaxies rotate). Dark energy (an unidentified physical effect, perhaps the energy of empty space) alters the rate the Universe expands.

SO it's an unknown particle and undetectable. So you really don't know much about it. So for all you know, it has consciousness and a name.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neither creates the Universe, or planets, or life, or determines morality, or any of the other properties attributed to your god. Neither is a substitute for the other.

But if it's undetecable and unknown, then all you really have about it is opinion or theory.

Scientists are pretty smart, but when they are wrong they are very wrong. The Bible is not a science book and isnt intended to be. However, neither does it disagree with science. And the few times that scientistas were wrong, they find out that the Bible was right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your bluff has been well and truly called out, you were challenged to point out the “glaring contradictions” in my corrections of Missler’s portrayal of pigeonholing science with religion and failed to do so.
The reality is the science is beyond your capacity for comprehension and the end result is your violation of the 8th or 9th commandment depending on which Christian version you follow.

Stop Trolling me. I wont talk to you because all you do is talk crap and have nothing to back it up.

You say your christian and Hans says he's an atheist, but he has more credibility than you so. Where's your PhD? Nada, or you would have said so. so let us talk, ok?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stop Trolling me. I wont talk to you because all you do is talk crap and have nothing to back it up.
There's no need for the massive dummy spit.
I called your bluff, you failed, end of story.

You say your christian and Hans says he's an atheist, but he has more credibility than you so. Where's your PhD? Nada, or you would have said so. so let us talk, ok?
So now you are engaging in a shameful exercise of bigotry, Christians by default should have more credibility than atheists.
Sorry it doesn't work that way.
As far as my qualifications are concerned why is it conservative Christians should be so curious?
Here are my details as explained to another conservative Christian.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So now you are engaging in a shameful exercise of bigotry, Christians by default should have more credibility than atheists.
Sorry it doesn't work that way.

By default huh? I was explaining why I feel hans has more credibility than you, but here you are playing dumb. He ha s more credibility compared to you because he actually says something worthy of consideration and doesn't just drive by and shoot snide comments out your window and drive off like you do. I'm looking at Genesis 12:3 and it's interesting

Genesis 12:3
3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”.../NLT

You seem to throwing more curses around than blessings. That just gives me a weird vibe about you.

By defauult! Lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The 5% of reality is what we can see here on earth and in the cosmos. It covers everything we can see as humans.
It's known as ordinary matter or baryonic matter and combined with the four fundamental forces explains everything happening on Earth. (The other components of the Universe: the unidentified Dark matter and energy are too inconsequential on planetary scales to matter.)

SO it's an unknown particle and undetectable. So you really don't know much about it. So for all you know, it has consciousness and a name.
The specific particle(s) has not been identified, correct, but that does not mean it is not detectable as a particle. Experiments are underway to detect extremely rare interactions between dark matter in our solar system and ordinary matter. It is definitely detected by astronomers and they have some solid limitations on what it can be. For example it is "cold" in the present Universe, meaning it is probably made of heavy (heavier than protons) rather than ultra light particles like neutrinos. The clumpiness of DM can be observed through the measurements of galaxies and their structures. Astronomers are also looking for signs of self-annihilation of DM particles in galaxy centers where the concentration is highest as some DM particle candidates can annihilate when they encounter one of their own.

The interactions of DM are certainly weak and forming a consciousness out of the connections in networks of DM structure would be extremely low.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But if it's undetecable and unknown, then all you really have about it is opinion or theory.

Scientists are pretty smart, but when they are wrong they are very wrong. The Bible is not a science book and isnt intended to be. However, neither does it disagree with science. And the few times that scientistas were wrong, they find out that the Bible was right.

I gave you an out by telling you that DM/DE can't possibly do the things your god is claimed to have done (creates the Universe, or planets, or life, or determines morality, etc.) and therefore there is no conflict, but you double down and then go further by claiming (in a different post) that credibility on scientific issues is in anyway tied to someones religion. Please do better.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By default huh? I was explaining why I feel hans has more credibility than you, but here you are playing dumb. He ha s more credibility compared to you because he actually says something worthy of consideration and doesn't just drive by and shoot snide comments out your window and drive off like you do.
And yet again the 8th and 9th commandments are getting a work out.
This is what you wrote which I responded to.
“You say your christian (sic) and Hans says he's an atheist, but he has more credibility than you so”.

You don’t get to change the context of the sentence which is self evident as being a bigoted attack on atheists because they lack the credibility of Christians, by dishonestly turning it into something else which amounts to an ad hominem attack on me.
I'm looking at Genesis 12:3 and it's interesting

Genesis 12:3
3 I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”.../NLT

You seem to throwing more curses around than blessings. That just gives me a weird vibe about you.

By defauult! Lol
In this thread you have accused me of trolling, talking crap, and making ad hominem attacks by questioning my credibility and qualifications after you were caught out lying by making claims my critique of Missler’s video were full of contradictions which you could not substantiate when challenged.

What has made it even worse you didn’t even the vaguest comprehension of the science behind the critique so you decided to complement willful ignorance with personal attacks and then to have the gall of the using the Bible as a form of justification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,223.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What has made it even worse you didn’t even the vaguest comprehension of the science behind the critique so you decided to complement willful ignorance with personal attacks and then to have the gall of the using the Bible as a form of justification.
Our good friend Divide is evidence that Dunning-Kruger is alive and well.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,169,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pi does not equal 3. Exodus is wrong. The Noachian Flood did not happen
That's the Bible being in error?

pi ~ 3

This is the kind of thing that comprises error?

Or a flood that was visible out to the horizon in all directions and covered the local modest hills that Noah would know locally? (heh heh....I don't need the text to be even literal, but it's fun) (ok, I don't want to troll people -- the boat would drift, in 150 days, a long ways, if you've ever been on a boat drifting in the wind, you will know it can move several miles per hour. It could drift very far in 150 days, to an actual mountain, etc. I don't take this event to be world wide -- just wider than Noah's familiar area he knew, his entire world under all the heavens around him, etc.....-- I myself don't think of it as needing to be literal, but it's fun to scenario it; it's quite easy to get a rarely large flood that could flood a vast region far past the line of sight; of course with a comet impact in ocean you could get vastly more than just this)

Let's have some discussions on more meaningful things in the next few months, ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0