Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
Radidio said:
Here's some links and resources to churches still in LCMS

http://www.consensuslutheran.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=1

http://concordtx.org/others.htm

http://user.txcyber.com/~wd5iqr/tcl/tcl.html

You might want to contact Daniel Pruess's office at this site for more info.

http://www.lutheracademy.com/index.htm

I'm assuming these church bodies in the list are all LCMS

And don't be fooled. There are many confessional congregations in the LCMS that are not listed on these sites.

that is one of the problems: these sites sometimes give the impression that "if you are not part of them, then you can't be confessional Lutheran". Just ain't so.

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Radidio said:
If there are no confessional churches in your area LutherRose then a resource can be any WELS or ELS body

Thanks, but WELS/ELS isn't an option...even if one was in our town. Where the LCMS has one set of problems due to waywardness, WELS/ELS has others that are inherent in the Synods' teachings. Thanks much, though. :wave:

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
filosofer said:

And don't be fooled. There are many confessional congregations in the LCMS that are not listed on these sites.

that is one of the problems: these sites sometimes give the impression that "if you are not part of them, then you can't be confessional Lutheran". Just ain't so.

Yes you are right about LCMS churches NOT listed on confessional site. I don't see Jack Casione's, Herman Otten's and my church on the list. Couldn't get my pastor to submit our church to that list even though we are confessional/conservative.

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
Radidio said:
Yes you are right about LCMS churches NOT listed on confessional site. I don't see Jack Casione's, Herman Otten's and my church on the list. Couldn't get my pastor to submit our church to that list even though we are confessional/conservative.

Oh great, ;) :D you list Jack's congregation, but it is not LCMS anymore. And while Trinity, New Haven, MO is still LCMS, Herman Otten is not a rostered pastor of the LCMS.

But you are correct. And the congregations I have served and attended have all been confessionally sound, and they are not listed.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So I also visited an LCMS church today. Overall, the wording of the liturgy was traditional, and I think the choice of hymns was better, in addition to there being a proper Confession/Absolution, which I liked. What threw me off though, was the lack of any kind of preface to Communion. The pastor just launched straight into the words of institution. There was no common cup, only the little plastic ones. The sermon was of about the same quality as I can get in my ELCA church, a bit worse even. As the only other LCMS church in this area is Ablaze!, it seems that I'm stuck in the ELCA for now (maybe I can get the person in charge of hymns at my church to pick them a bit more tastefully. :p )
:sigh:

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
SLStrohkirch said:
I think that Jack's church is now just an independent if I am not correct please do so. He is still the owner of LQ though. Is Herman Otten a rostered Pastor of any synod or is he just causing trouble with PLI? ;)

Otten and his home church are figuratively back in the fold again allthough it just seems to be a patronizing effort to shut him up. It hasn't worked. He writes a publication called Christian News which has a circulation all over the world. Like Don Quiote he battles many windmills but unlike Quiote he seems to be winning some battles. Not with LCMS but with people/churches within the synod.
http://www.lutherannews.info/

:)

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
Radidio said:
Otten and his home church are figuratively back in the fold again allthough it just seems to be a patronizing effort to shut him up.

No, he has never been rostered. Yet his congregation continues as a member congregation. There have been specific LCMS rules that have been set up in response to HO, some as long ago as the mid 1960's.

It hasn't worked. He writes a publication called Christian News which has a circulation all over the world. Like Don Quiote he battles many windmills but unlike Quiote he seems to be winning some battles. Not with LCMS but with people/churches within the synod.

His writing of CN is deplorable; in fact, he would be rostered if he refrained from publishing it. He uses half-truths, etc. to raise doubts, fears, etc. Some of the concerns are legitimate - many are not.

I remember one time when I asked at a private (many in the room, but not open to anyone) meeting at seminary a question - my question and answer were published the next week in CN, without context, without trying to understand what the issues were.

Yet, I had the opportunity to meet him in person, and he conducts himself in a very Christian manner. If only they can pry that pen/typewriter/keyboard out of his hands!
:crossrc: ;) :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.