• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Very scared about a new spot on my skin...

B

Bulan77

I'm terribly frightened: I just discovered a new dark brown spot on my skin where there was none before. It seems to have appeared almost overnight, or at least grown very quickly. It's the size of a large pea, and it seems a bit raised.

It's in a private area, and I've never sunbathed in the nude, nor used tanning beds. I'm very light-skinned and easily burn, so for most of my life I've stayed out of the sun.

I've also had pain in my groin area recently, although I can't tell whether my lymph nodes are swollen.

Do new dark brown spots normally appear on people in their 30s? I thought benign spots were a sign of aging.

I will get this checked by a doctor, of course, but I'm terribly frightened and to help me deal with this, I need to know whether I'm experiencing something common...

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bulan,

I am big advocate of natural healing methods. Nevertheless, I would immediately get a formal diagnosis for your condition. If I were in your place, I would go to a reputable naturopathologist that practices integrative medicine. In my opinion, these type of physicians know what to look for and treat the underlying cause of the illness and not symptoms.

I would anticipate that an Naturopath would recommend an immediate detoxification program along with providing you something more immediate. This is definitely the best approach to enacting a cure. You need to relieve the body of toxins before any meaningful recovery can take place. In addition to bio-toxins, you also have to cleanse the body of environmental toxins, including heavy metals. Doctors practicing conventional medicine are not usually trained to treat patients in this manner.

Once you find out what ails you, we can go from there. Otherwise, castor oil is a good remedy for cancerous lesions.

Upvote 0
B

Bulan77

I was able to see my general surgeon today, and he removed the lesion! That's the good news. :)

That bad news is that dealing with the unknown is hard, especially as I wait for the biopsy results. It'll be three weeks before I find out.

Meanwhile, my imagination runs away with the idea that stage 4 cancer is taking over my body. I feel terrible admitting it, because it sounds so extreme and unhealthy, but unfortunately that's the reality I'm dealing with.

Yes, I'm aware that my health anxiety increases my stress, lowers my immune system, and makes me vulnerable to real illness. And yet, knowing that doesn't help me stop my thought patterns from going down that path.

I truly want to get control of this. How does anyone handle these in-between times?

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was able to see my general surgeon today, and he removed the lesion! That's the good news. :)

That bad news is that dealing with the unknown is hard, especially as I wait for the biopsy results. It'll be three weeks before I find out.

Meanwhile, my imagination runs away with the idea that stage 4 cancer is taking over my body. I feel terrible admitting it, because it sounds so extreme and unhealthy, but unfortunately that's the reality I'm dealing with.

Yes, I'm aware that my health anxiety increases my stress, lowers my immune system, and makes me vulnerable to real illness. And yet, knowing that doesn't help me stop my thought patterns from going down that path.

I truly want to get control of this. How does anyone handle these in-between times?

Please feel free to share what the biopsy results are, then maybe we can offer some valuable tips. I'm not a doctor, but I've learned a few things and have a few tricks up my sleeve from pioneers in allopathic medicine who are certified physicians and trained health care practitioners.

Cancer is a fungus and is treatable... AND curable.

Wish you all the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I used to know the check list for the chances of a spot being bad. I don't remember all of them anymore.

But one is irregular shape.

Which also reminds me of a funny story. A friend who bicycled a LOT went in for a physical and his Doctor noticed a brown spot on the back of his hand that fit enough of the bad markers, especially irregular shape.

Story ends with Gee Dock I have one just like it on the other hand. It was there because it was the uncovered area from near the Velcro straps.

The vast majority of spots are just that, spots and nothing more.

Something to check out of caution but not a reason to stress over.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think I told you this before, but you need to educate yourself even more about cancer. What it really is about and how it can be dealt with and I'm not talking about chemo and all those things that eventually kill you. I am talking about the things God put on this earth that we can eat and be well. You won't have this nagging fear of cancer if you realized how easy it was to defeat.

Upvote 0

Paul01

Sinner
Jan 29, 2013
Missouri
✟9,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For years my biggest health problem was health anxiety. I had nothing wrong with me but wasted years of my life worrying needlessly about nothing. There are mental health professionals that could help you like they did me. I got my life back - and I physically feel much better now because I don't spend all my time worrying about imaginary problems.

Upvote 0