Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
This was one opf those off the wall ideas that came up on a totaslly unrelated thread in another section of the forum. We were discussing breakfast actually!!

What would it have read like if Tolkin had written the book of common prayer with particular interest on special contributions by Gollum ?

Just thought I'd post it on here and see if I got a response my presshusses.;)

V

victorash

Andy Broadley said:
This was one opf those off the wall ideas that came up on a totaslly unrelated thread in another section of the forum. We were discussing breakfast actually!!

What would it have read like if Tolkin had written the book of common prayer with particular interest on special contributions by Gollum ?

Just thought I'd post it on here and see if I got a response my presshusses.;)

Actualy thier is a very good book "Finding GOD in THE LORD OF THE RINGS"
BY kURT Bruner & Jim Ware . Tolkien had a very strong faith this book reveals how it was used in his books.

Upvote 0

Level_Seven_Paladin

Aug 18, 2004
Arlington, Virginia
✟330.00
Faith
Christian
victorash said:
Actualy thier is a very good book "Finding GOD in THE LORD OF THE RINGS"
BY kURT Bruner & Jim Ware . Tolkien had a very strong faith this book reveals how it was used in his books.
Hey you know what, Im soooo glad I found this thread cause while helping my cousin do a research paper on Tolkien, we came across that he is in fact a believer and implied Biblical prinipals in the Lord of the Rings. I was unsure if my findings were correct but I know somebody else who metioned it so it must be true, Im gonna check that book out cause I really admire Tolkiens work as a writter myself.

I remember one time I was on another forum site and when I opened a thread similar to this, a mod who was an unbeliever called me a liar and closed my thread..... guess he was wrong. Im glad to see this here cause Ive been thinking about Tolkiens work for a while and I do plan to learn more about him and how his faith influenced him.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Level_Seven_Paladin said:
Hey you know what, Im soooo glad I found this thread cause while helping my cousin do a research paper on Tolkien, we came across that he is in fact a believer and implied Biblical prinipals in the Lord of the Rings. I was unsure if my findings were correct but I know somebody else who metioned it so it must be true, Im gonna check that book out cause I really admire Tolkiens work as a writter myself.

I remember one time I was on another forum site and when I opened a thread similar to this, a mod who was an unbeliever called me a liar and closed my thread..... guess he was wrong. Im glad to see this here cause Ive been thinking about Tolkiens work for a while and I do plan to learn more about him and how his faith influenced him.
He knows my precious....who knows?...the Paladinmy precious, he knows about uss and God...he's going to tell them all isn't he?...O yes, he'll tell them my precious.....

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Andy Broadley said:
He knows my precious....who knows?...the Paladinmy precious, he knows about uss and God...he's going to tell them all isn't he?...O yes, he'll tell them my precious.....
^_^ :cry: (Laughing so hard I'm crying)

Upvote 0