Thoughts on the danger of trusting in riches

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
All that is in the world its lustful desires are passing away but he who does the will of God abides forever. I can not put my trust in worldly things to be dedicated to it to make me whole to need to have it for ability to live perfectly godly life Jesus said you can not serve God and mammon. Where your treasure is there your heart will be also. And he who gains his life will lose it. That I should put all my attention to serving God while I can all while I have strength and only if I am exhausted if I need rest to have break.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I think judgement should be left to Christ that God may call one to surrender everything to Him to be seeking to obey Him while you can to repent to seek to sell all you have if you can which some of it is to go to meet all needs of your children to ensure enough is left for them till they get older and able to provide for themselves but the rest should be left up to Christ and preach gospel and trust God to meet your needs and children needs somehow and if not to work that He provides such incase you die when you are not seeking that if you delay repentance could cause to miss opportunity to repent at one time to not call on Christ to seek to do what you can to repent before and we are called to seek first the kingdom and His righteousness and you will have all needs met that that is all you need to fulfill desires of your heart whatever is good. Whoever does not surrender all to call on God seeking to repent of not surrendering wishing to even if he can’t could lose soul if it is too late to repent when there is punishment if you die in plague though I dont know that I think it may never be too late if you call on Christ atleast before you know you will die and may not be too late if repent before you die actually I believe it is never too late to call on christ it is only too late when you have been stricken to not know when you have that that is time of death that too late to call only if you had been stricken to die before you call but those who did not surrender before a time if they have not died may go through tribulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe rather that it would be irresponsible to sell everything you have that God does not actually want that from everyone to only to say to rich ruler because he trusted in his works through his riches as basis for his salvation.

He believed he was perfect and since his trust was in his riches that without it he could not be saved Christ showed that actually it does not make you perfect and for it to be an idol to him that he is not willing to part with it if Christ was to teach it to show him he is not perfect as Christ knew he is not willing to leave it if Christ would say though he never required so he went away sorrowful that Christ did not support what he thought putting him to shame that such is wrong in eyes of God and he did not want to accept that he was not willing to but money is a talent that you should invest in to increase to do more with to help others.

It is not wrong to be rich as long as you don’t seek to put it first not to seek to serve God to make importance to first make sure you are serving God if you are needed before you seek to increase wealth to focus on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe judgement should be left to Christ that Jesus may have taught to sell everything and follow Him which may not mean you can not work to provide for your kids to save for them for their needs until they have enough to provide for themselves but you are not concerned for yourself to trust God to supply for yourself your needs by special intervention and if not to give you work to supply for yourself to work for your daily needs and sell your possessions to help all in need but it is never too late to be saved until moment you know you will die but if you don’t seek to be doing what you can it is not safe that you may die at any time when you are not seeking to not have opportunity to repent to just call on Christ to repent if that is all you can do.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟747,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think someone can be well off and not have it held against them based on where they place their trust/love. If one places trust in their riches and does not share them, they fall into the trap of the rich man. He failed because his love was for his riches and not God. If you put God first, you will know how to share your riches with the poor and the church.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I think that may be possible but am not sure as book If Timothy says let those who are rich not trust in uncertain riches but in God who gives us all things to enjoy but to be rich in good works willing to share so it may be possible to be rich or it may mean to have riches only to leave some to support yourself now and family but to be willing to share to all but not immediately if you don’t know who needs if there isn’t but once you know who needs to sell it all

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
Christ clearly does not say to give everything away for people have responsibility for their children but only to leave enough to guarantee they will all have all their needs met that enough is given to help that even for grandparents but is parents responsibility to manage that not to waste it for them to have enough that will meet their needs for life and provide for them and provide them with work and children responsibility not to waste it. If you provided for them the rest should be for the poor.

2 Corinthians 12:14-15
14 Now for the third time I am ready to come to you. And I will not be burdensome to you; for I do not seek yours, but you. For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children. 15 And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe Christ did tell rich man to sell all he had because he knew riches would be obstacle to him and can be to any so one should though is not necessary that is wrong to force as peter also said to person who lied for donating saying was it not your own before to not make people compelled Jesus said it is hard for rich man but not impossible for anyone for they can still be saved if they don’t have time to have sold it all and to preach bible says any can be saved but you can die when you are not seeking to do so you have to seek to do what you can at all times rich man can be saved if his riches is not obstacle to him in wanting more to not accept the faith and to serve Him to be willing to share what one can of his wealth with all poor because he needs to also provide for his family enough to support them to meet their needs and give them chance to have future to build wealth and if he shares with all he knows need his help so rich man can be saved but is more risky as having more more is expected that if you purposely delay not to give when you know you should you can die so Jesus said to sell all knowing it could be obstacle to him as he is not willing to to ensure one is saved so one should if incase one is tempted to be greedy when you gain to ensure one is saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
These below passages means not that others should learn to be content to not help them if they have their basic needs met as long as it is constantly provided but that is all that life will be harder though they can endure that you should help but they still need to learn to be able to endure to accept to be content not to feel bad ill towards God for not having as others Paul shows he learn to be full also to accept also that it is appreciated to want to accept.

Philippians 4:10-20
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in
regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is likely the church is not true Jesus said call no one on earth your teacher and he who hears His sayings and does them is a wise man that built his house on the rock one should obey all Jesus says even baptism and communion though I think it could not be necessary that I think it could be only judged by what Jesus says but can join church incase.

Since person has to be seeking to do all he can it is safe not to seek riches and no need for people to do that that can trust in God just to supply needs to sell all to give to poor which includes your family till they are old enough to be able to support themselves and is right not to force decision that they must be old enough to let them make then and preach gospel.

Leave work for self for mammon sake and not just to gain skills which may need some money for those who are worldly because they should reform the system to make library have all things and be free to help all even though they may not they should they should be able to support all others so they can gain skills to help others for free but they may not but if not it is safe not to support system not to work for then they will be forced to or is not wrong to work after you sold everything that they should follow to help but you can get payment until they do though they are sinning not to sell all to give to poor to those not old enough to look after themselves to have enough to go to college to have means of supporting themselves or to provide work that will support their needs continue to provide needs to trust God to give you work and you can work hard for the purpose to have enough to go to college but you are doing it not for mammon but to go to college to be able to serve Jesus but I suppose you don’t need to trust in your mammon but God to supply you work that for rich can do after they sell all to get more money to work and build to join a profession if it is needed but when is not needed for better to focus to preach gospel only.

Jesus also said not to judge anyone as is wrong as person can not know that perhaps if one never encountered to hear such and be convinced may be true one is not responsible and only God knows if He required them to sell all.

It is not wrong to work this site shows Jesus says not to work only to disciples then though I believe one can invest in stock market they still do wrong to try to be a business to own for themselves only to be rich instead of being public service to have riches that are stored for no one but to give to poor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I do not believe it is right to support that all sell all they have Jesus said that as he knew person loves his riches more than God but person could want to be rich to help poor that will be rich toward God also to poor while also to help family that that is what pleases God more as even not many not help people to serve God if you don’t have money and I think I would not be able to do as much travel to preach and serve without it if I want to do in future because I am not a missionary to have a ministry now that I do not feel I am best qualified to take others money to help that they would be able to support and there can not be many missionaries without others help. The job of most is to work hard and support others.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
So I do not believe working is wrong if you have it is a talent given supposed to increase yet still God does not judge if one didn’t most of his life but perhaps should be seeking to do what one can now to help others but I don’t know Christ might still accept if one is not working to seek to increase but I don’t know but any can be saved according to what they can do but one should give some to deposit with the bankers whatever one can if one will not use as one may die at any time when he is not seeking to do what one can to not have opportunity to call to seek so I do not believe it is wrong to seek to increase wealth as long as you are rich to God that you seek to preach and serve God to though repentance is always available that person has to repent of not caring for others but should be serving God now if can unless not having opportunity to repent later though repentance is always available still if not died but may die when not repentant not caring to want would be as lukewarm church below. You buy gold refined in fire by reading His word to help you serve God spiritually to pray which also gives passion to work for God and fills you with love and strength to do so as bible says in psalm 12

Psalm 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times.
7 You shall keep them, O LORD,
You shall preserve them from this generation forever.

Revelations 3:14-22
The Lukewarm Church
14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I believe rather things could be unstable and it may be though I can’t say may not be required as Timothy perhaps means in saying rich to be rich in good works not to sell all but just easier to sell all or he could mean one should be giving to all in need for the purpose for selling all not straight away to waste and then give remaining to others you know in need if you have provided for your family if you are rich it is to them to share others should just work their daily jobs not to be worried about money though it is ok if opportunity that can be rich to take but not worried but to be natural and to be missionaries by support of church and can start again to work for today not worry that God will add to have opportunity to be rich to sell all again which may mean not straight away but to be rich in good works to be giving to all truly in need for purpose to sell all and promise rest for those in need. One thing is certain the church should help all in need to have help to work to supply all their needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I believe rather it is clear that you do not have to sell all for Timothy accepts that God richly gives things to enjoy to have some that there would be some rich in this age and only required you have to be willing to share and rich in good works that you can keep money to ensure the business is profitable which is necessary or would be irresponsible as is talent given to you though you don’t have to be rich you can serve God otherwise which is better if you are called that you have ability to help others to be profitable though you don’t have to otherwise if you do not think it is also talent given you can to increase by keeping what is necessary for business to grow but for otherwise to be rich in good works to give to many needy to willing to share to help others and is safer to give rest not for business to needy though any can be saved if they have opportunity to repent to call to seek to you can die while not seeking before having opportunity to do and if you don’t die you would be seeking to do so you would be doing all you can that more would be done and perhaps you can do more that you need to do incase you die while not seeking to before having opportunity to repent to seek to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I learn now Jesus did not require such only because person thought he was perfect that he kept all commandments as though person can be perfect according to law alone and needs to be and Jesus showed still that he is not perfect according to law unless he sells all that being his weak point but would also teach to follow Christ as that is what is necessary because no one can be perfect with law enough without also Christ because person will always have sin that the law is not enough to perfect to show what he lacked in saying if you want to be perfect sell all you have and give to the poor and follow Me but being prideful he wanted honor as perfect with his riches not to accept Christ as also he would need to follow Him which means could lose some money could also lose position not to have money that such would have made him perfect but only applies to those who are called that God wants them to that He helps them to be most fruitful though was never required.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t agree with below because I don’t believe you can ever know you did enough in aiming to sell all you have that you seeked to enough if you were to die now.

For bible teaches anyone can be saved saying whoever believes will not perish which though true believer will be repenting otherwise if not and dies without having repented not having opportunity is not believer but that anyone can be saved but I don’t think should teach if one has not done one is at risk not to be able to repent for how then can one know how to repent now if one does not get chance to sell all.

How can person know when done enough if he were to die but I suppose it is enough to make a decision to repent seeking to do all you can if you don’t know you will die you have to be willing to follow it and if you don’t die you will. So I think safe to follow that others should. But person might believe person must never work for money but trust God to supply needs perhaps to get some from others that sold all they have so can test it that if God does not provide your needs from one who sold all they have then means you need to work.

The Blue Pill or the Red Pill - Exit the Matrix!

This video explores the blinding truth about how to break free from mind control. If you are sick of slavery to the system because you are a slave to the wage, it's time to wake up to Jesus, the answer! He showed us how to leave Babylon and how to live without money. A new life in Jesus means exposing the lie of modern day slavery by quitting your job and working with a new motivation and for a new Boss.

#thematrix #thetruth

TO CONTACT: Email avidmoderator1@gmail.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I think still perhaps is good to sell what you have because you don’t know if you will be alive during difficult times and is training then to know how God supports that others may see they can trust God which they must during that time obey for God to help and by not supporting the system if others see God supporting making sure without money the whole world should follow suit to make all people not need money to be trained for any work to work for free though not forced that all should be doing so

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I believe the truth is we should stop trying to encourage people to be missionaries before they are successful unless they are sent of God clearly called. God wants people to send qualified people when they are successful to share what they have and educate people with skills.Those talents are necessary to develop that God says not to bury so that others should not unless they are sent. God says pray the Lord of the harvest to send labourers that is to preach. The Lord prepares people who He wants which may be successful to come or whoever He particularly calls so that if He does not call you He does not want one to.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
According to my dad though I don’t agree when Jesus says you can not serve God and mammon He means you cant be serving God if you compromise your faith to make more money but I think it may mean your focus should only be serving God and not worry about needs. That God will provide all you need just as He provides for birds that do not toil and not worry what shall we eat or tommorow sufficient for day is it’s trouble.

Does that perhaps mean to accept the work given for day as bible says worker is worthy of wages but does not have to work for money but for needs. He said all things will be added to one does that perhaps mean you can be rich but not to make yourself only when He says which He will reveal clearly so that you may serve with it which explains maybe how Abraham was rich. He did not get rich but God gave it to Him to serve with it.

it seems as Jesus said to have promise of eternal life as He said those who have left lands houses and family for my sake and the gospels have promise of eternal life if they continue with persecution’s though my dad says that only apply for people in non christian homes but I don’t know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,689.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe actually God does not call all to sell what all they have just to sell and give what they don’t need that it would not be required for business so should sell that people should be seeking to but it is never too late to be saved for one to need to have done so only to seek to be doing what one can which person in bible is told to confess Christ as first step then one should also do what more one can do because one can die without even opportunity to call on the Lord that one was not seeking to repent to have opportunity to call but all is required is to call to God repenting to call on the Lord so I should not preach it lest they suffer harm unless convinced but I don’t think so now so will not teach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0