This Vice Principal should be fired !!!!!

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Read on.....Can you believe this? What business is it of anyone, what type of undergarments any child wears?

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

POWAY, Calif. — A female vice principal allegedly lifted girls' skirts — in front of male students and adults — to make sure they weren't wearing thong underwear at a dance.

"Everyone saw everything," said Kim Teal, whose 15-year-old daughter attended the dance but was not checked. "It was a big peep show."

School officials are interviewing students and staff before responding to parents who have called for the dismissal of the vice principal Rita Wilson at Rancho Bernardo High School, a district spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Students said they were told to line up outside the gym before entering the dance so Wilson could check their underwear. Those wearing thongs were turned away.

Wilson did not return phone calls seeking comment Tuesday. District spokeswoman Sharon Raffer wouldn't say why thong underwear would be prohibited at a school dance, but said that "dress needs to be appropriate."

"It's not their right to know what kind of underwear these kids have," parent Alane Garvik told television station KGTV in San Diego.

Well from the interview I saw of her on TV she said there was a problem with the students doing a dance where the students would appear to be having sex on the dance floor (I think she called it "freak dancing"). She said the the "thong" thing was taken way out of context. She said she was making sure the students were wearing clothes and just trying to protect them. I felt bad for her because she broke down and cried and said she didn't mean them any harm and she was just trying to protect the girls. She said if she had to do it again she would never help out with a dance function again. I guess I can kinda feel for her because the youth of today are just doing whatever they want and the parents have the fear of doing anything about it. Its a crazy story and I feel for both sides. The girls should never have to put up with that but on the other side of the coin that kinda of "dancing" shouldn't be at a high school dance. Thats just my opinion........I might be wrong :)

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Soldier4Him
I thought the same thing when I first read that but then I was able to her side of the story. Well I still think what she did was wrong but I understand why she was doing it.

I don't understand why she was doing it at all. If you see her side, maybe you could explain it to me. Because I just don't get it.

What does it matter what kind of underwear any student has on? Nobody's going to see it anyway.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dances are wrong. If I ever had kids they would never set foot in a public school much less a dance or a movie or anything.
We are too obsessed with entertaining in this society. Life is not about having fun, or at least it should not be. It is about honoring the One True God and living soberly and separately.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Susan
dances are wrong. If I ever had kids they would never set foot in a public school much less a dance or a movie or anything.
We are too obsessed with entertaining in this society. Life is not about having fun, or at least it should not be. It is about honoring the One True God and living soberly and separately.

Boy I sure hope you are kidding.

There is nothing wrong with dances, or most types of entertainment, as long as it does not distract one from God.

As humans we need entertainment now and again. To say differently is to put yourself above human.

Does anyone really think that God wants us to be staunch 'fuddy duddies' ????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Susan

How depressing. I hope the status quo does not change for you, because I would sure feel sorry for your kids.

Life would not be worth living without happiness. You should try it sometime.

Upvote 0

messenjah

Veteran
Jan 18, 2002
Snohomish, WA
✟8,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Boy I sure hope you are kidding.

There is nothing wrong with dances, or most types of entertainment, as long as it does not distract one from God.

As humans we need entertainment now and again. To say differently is to put yourself above human.

Does anyone really think that God wants us to be staunch 'fuddy duddies' ????

Have you ever been to a High-school dance??? By the way, you might want to read Romans 12:2. We are called to be higher than the world. We are not supposed to conform any longer to the patterns of "humans" or this world. Maybe he was calling himself better than "human" but last time I checked, humans were evil anyway. Besides, didn't God called us to be better than "humans" humans as well.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>What does it matter what kind of underwear any student has on?

I saw the interview with her. She said that they have had a outbreak in the past when they girls would lift up their dress when they were danceing. She said that if something like this were to happen again, and become a uncontrolable situation, then she wanted to make sure that the girls had proper underware on, under their dress.

Seems to me that perhaps they should not have dances anymore if this is a problem. Or she should camp out by the music or post someone to camp out by the music, so they could shut it off if something like this were to happen. It's hard to tell for sure what the true story is here, because there seems to be two sides to this one. I don't know if they are just out to get her, or if she really did handle the situation wrong. But I do believe there was a situation that she was dealing with, or trying to resolve. Perhaps she picked the wrong solution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by JohnR7
[B She said that they have had a outbreak in the past when they girls would lift up their dress when they were danceing. She said that if something like this were to happen again, and become a uncontrolable situation, then she wanted to make sure that the girls had proper underware on, under their dress.

[/B]

Seems like the problem is girls lifting up their dresses. Not what kind of undies they are wearing underneath.

The proper thing to do would be to get to the root of the problem. But its difficult to get to the root of the problem.

The easy way out is making young girls show their underwear to everyone, just in case they decide to break the rules.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem is the kind of dancing they do. there is dancing and there is sex standing up. That's what she was trying to prevent. although she was treating a symtoph at least she was doing something, just not the right something.

"Does anyone really think that God wants us to be staunch 'fuddy duddies' ????"

YOu mean moral? Yes, he does.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by LouisBooth
The problem is the kind of dancing they do. there is dancing and there is sex standing up. That's what she was trying to prevent. although she was treating a symtoph at least she was doing something, just not the right something.

"Does anyone really think that God wants us to be staunch 'fuddy duddies' ????"

YOu mean moral? Yes, he does.

Somehow, I don't roll 'moral' up with being an old coot who hates any kind of fun. That's what I meant.

This kind of dancing should be prohibited. But all the students should not be denied social functions because of the actions of a few.

Unlike alot of people, I do not consider doing 'something' for the sake of doing it, worth anything. Options should be weighed and then the 'right thing' should be done.

I don't believe that God would approve doing something wrong, to try to prevent something wrong. Especially if its just for the sake of 'not sitting around doing nothing'.

But then, that's just my simple take on it.

Upvote 0