Farmington
✟32,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Some think I'm a Russian Propagandist, and I am not.
Then I saw this at the bottom of my topic,

Russian Successes Admitted by Ukraine Mil.​

Screenshot 2024-05-15 5.45.01 PM.png

Sounds like TASS otchet o rassledovanii

:eek: :scratch:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I saw this at the bottom of my topic,

Russian Successes Admitted by Ukraine Mil.​

View attachment 347890

Sounds like TASS otchet o rassledovanii

:eek: :scratch:
Yeah, that last one made me feel uncomfortable. If we want the truth, we must cover both sides, and know that both countries have wronged each other before.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟32,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, that last one made me feel uncomfortable. If we want the truth, we must cover both sides, and know that both countries have wronged each other before.

That's kind of what I do. And it is mostly Western news sources that are saying all this. Honestly I hope they reach a peace and then dwell peacefully together. We talked about division on another thread. This goes right along with it because they both have the Eastern Orthodox church,
and here we go:

"The Ukrainian Orthodox Church was officially formed in 1990 in place of Ukrainian Exarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church, under the leadership of Metropolitan Filaret, as the Ukrainian branch of the Russian Orthodox Church."

"On 27 May 2022, following a church-wide council in Kyiv, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church announced its full independence and autonomy from the Moscow Patriarchate. The council made this decision in protest of the February 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, and particularly in response to Russian Orthodox Church head Patriarch Kirill's support for the invasion."

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's kind of what I do. And it is mostly Western news sources that are saying all this. Honestly I hope they reach a peace and then dwell peacefully together. We talked about division on another thread. This goes right along with it because they both have the Eastern Orthodox church,
and here we go:

"The Ukrainian Orthodox Church was officially formed in 1990 in place of Ukrainian Exarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church, under the leadership of Metropolitan Filaret, as the Ukrainian branch of the Russian Orthodox Church."

"On 27 May 2022, following a church-wide council in Kyiv, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church announced its full independence and autonomy from the Moscow Patriarchate. The council made this decision in protest of the February 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, and particularly in response to Russian Orthodox Church head Patriarch Kirill's support for the invasion."
Yeah, hopefully this peace happens in the near future.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟32,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, hopefully this peace happens in the near future.

Let the LORD Jesus return. Shall we cycle through yet another set of wars, knowing that wars shall only continue on as long as man is on earth without Christ's rule, and the true Christians a persecuted minority?

Long for the day of Isaiah 2:4, "And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

War is a learned profession, and takes much training (or sometimes little training as both Russia and Ukraine have done just to throw people out into the battle), and for some a lifelong career, at war. My Dad was over 30 years. Now he preaches the gospel and teaches Sunday school, has a nursing home ministry, and I can say we work together on this.

But before Isaiah 2:4 happens, Joel 3:9-14 must happen, (I call this "Reverse Plowshares" as a note written in my Bible)

"Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.

Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision."

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God, are written in the Holy Scriptures. Yet at the same time the Holy Scriptures prophecy of catastrophic war. What we see now is minor compared to the final war(s)

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟662,448.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟885,615.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've had people think I'm Russian because I'm Orthodox and I speak against NATO. But I'm 100% red-blooded 'merican and do not belong to the Russian church. Although I wish the war had never started and wish it would end yesterday, I empathize with Russia's concerns.

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had people think I'm Russian because I'm Orthodox and I speak against NATO. But I'm 100% red-blooded 'merican and do not belong to the Russian church. Although I wish the war had never started and wish it would end yesterday, I empathize with Russia's concerns.
Me too. I love my country also but I see where we are headed. Western ideology isn't for all countries in the world and they are willing to fight. NATO expansion for them is worth fighting for and our arrogance keeps us from listening.

Upvote 0