Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
duty_calls.png

Reactions: platzapS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Empty Circle

Big fat Confederate-sympathizing queer Zen atheist
Jun 19, 2008
Paducah, KY
✟15,348.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for the hijack (you can take it right back if you like) but this reminds me of M. Rochlin's "Heterosexual Questionnaire." If you want, straight folks, please enlighten us, each other, yourselves...

1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?

2. When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?

3. Is it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

4. Could it be that your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

5. If you’ve never slept with a person of the same sex, how can you be sure you wouldn’t prefer that?

6. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?

7. Why do heterosexuals feel compelled to seduce others into their lifestyle?

8. Why do you insist on flaunting your heterosexuality? Can’t you just be what you are and keep it quiet?

9. Would you want your children to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they’d face?

10. A disproportionate majority of child molesters are heterosexual men. Do you consider it safe to expose children to heterosexual male teachers, pediatricians, priests, or scoutmasters?

11. With all the societal support for marriage, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

12. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?

13. Considering the menace of overpopulation, how could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual?

14. Could you trust a heterosexual therapist to be objective? Don’t you fear s/he might be inclined to influence you in the direction of her/his own leanings?

15. Heterosexuals are notorious for assigning themselves and one another rigid, stereotyped sex roles. Why must you cling to such unhealthy role-playing?

16. How can you enjoy an emotionally fulfilling experience with a person of the other sex when there are such vast differences between you? How can a man know what pleases a woman sexually or vice-versa?

17. Heterosexual women are at a greater risk of sexually transmitted infection than other women. Can a woman really afford to risk heterosexual behavior, with the possibility of disease or pregnancy?

18. Why are heterosexuals so promiscuous?

19. How can you hope to actualize your God-given homosexual potential if you limit yourself to exclusive, compulsive heterosexuality?

20. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want to. After all, you never deliberately chose to be a heterosexual, did you?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For all you heterosexuals out there what are the big moral concerns in your life?

Moral concerns? But.. I'm heterosexual.. that means I am the paragon of traditional moral virtue... doesn't it? :p

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Moral concerns? But.. I'm heterosexual.. that means I am the paragon of traditional moral virtue... doesn't it? :p

Not really. If you don't have GOD in your heart, you're but one step away from their lifestyle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. If you don't have GOD in your heart, your but one step away from their lifestyle.

OK, despite your insistance on responding seriously to an answer with a :p after it I'll bite...

Whos lifestyle?

Upvote 0

TooCurious

Kitten with a ball of string
Aug 10, 2003
✟10,481.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My biggest concerns? Paying off my student loans, the current political and economic situation in the US, making sure my boyfriend has a great birthday this Wednesday, and doing my laundry. In no particular order.

Sorry for the hijack (you can take it right back if you like) but this reminds me of M. Rochlin's "Heterosexual Questionnaire." If you want, straight folks, please enlighten us, each other, yourselves...

Can I play? ^_^

Big Empty Circle said:
1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?

Boys. If they didn't exist, then where would I be?

Big Empty Circle said:
2. When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?

Obviously the word "decide" is misapplied here, but I had my first crush on a boy when I was four.

Big Empty Circle said:
3. Is it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

It's theoretically possible that I could be induced to experiment with girls, but I'm pretty sure I'll always come back to boys.

Big Empty Circle said:
4. Could it be that your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

I doubt it; I tend to get a lot more nervous around guys than with girls.

Big Empty Circle said:
5. If you’ve never slept with a person of the same sex, how can you be sure you wouldn’t prefer that?

I have a vivid imagination; even before I'd been with a guy, I found the prospect more appealing than being with a girl.

Big Empty Circle said:
6. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?

My mother knows probably a bit more about what my boyfriend and I do in the bedroom than she'd prefer (our apartment has thin walls). I still haven't told my father that I have a boyfriend, because it's none of his business.

Big Empty Circle said:
7. Why do heterosexuals feel compelled to seduce others into their lifestyle?

I don't know. The only people I've ever tried to seduce were people I specifically wanted to have romantic relations with. If there are reasons beyond that, they escape me.

Big Empty Circle said:
8. Why do you insist on flaunting your heterosexuality? Can’t you just be what you are and keep it quiet?

I'm an exhibitionist.

Big Empty Circle said:
9. Would you want your children to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they’d face?

If they are, then they are. I'd just make sure they learned how to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy and suchlike.

Big Empty Circle said:
10. A disproportionate majority of child molesters are heterosexual men. Do you consider it safe to expose children to heterosexual male teachers, pediatricians,

In appropriate contexts, I would have no reservations.

Big Empty Circle said:

Under most circumstances, no, but not for the reasons you're thinking. ;)

Big Empty Circle said:
or scoutmasters?

I don't support the Boy Scouts of America

Big Empty Circle said:
11. With all the societal support for marriage, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

In large part because people frequently get married too early (either in their lives, or in the relationship) -- often because their religion tells them that the only way they're allowed to have sex is within a marriage. Another major issue is poor communication skills.

Big Empty Circle said:
12. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?

Because sex is awesome.

Big Empty Circle said:
13. Considering the menace of overpopulation, how could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual?

Only if people, on the whole, become more responsible, finding ways to live sustainably and not spawning more than their finances or their environment can support. I'm planning to have a maximum of one kid (barring unexpected possibilities like twins).

Big Empty Circle said:
14. Could you trust a heterosexual therapist to be objective? Don’t you fear s/he might be inclined to influence you in the direction of her/his own leanings?

If I suspected any therapist of projecting his or her own feelings or issues onto me, I'd get a new therapist. I do, however, think it is possible for a therapist of any sexuality to be responsible and professional.

Big Empty Circle said:
15. Heterosexuals are notorious for assigning themselves and one another rigid, stereotyped sex roles. Why must you cling to such unhealthy role-playing?

Any role-playing that my boyfriend and I do is quite healthy; in fact, I've got something fun planned for his upcoming birthday... :D

Big Empty Circle said:
16. How can you enjoy an emotionally fulfilling experience with a person of the other sex when there are such vast differences between you? How can a man know what pleases a woman sexually or vice-versa?

Learning about each other's bodies and what the other person enjoys is part of the fun!

Big Empty Circle said:
17. Heterosexual women are at a greater risk of sexually transmitted infection than other women. Can a woman really afford to risk heterosexual behavior, with the possibility of disease or pregnancy?

This is what birth control, condoms, and committed exclusive relationships are for.

Big Empty Circle said:
18. Why are heterosexuals so promiscuous?

I don't know, and can't really speak for anyone but myself. I prefer committed relationships, myself.

Big Empty Circle said:
19. How can you hope to actualize your God-given homosexual potential if you limit yourself to exclusive, compulsive heterosexuality?

I don't believe in God. :thumbsup:

Big Empty Circle said:
20. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want to. After all, you never deliberately chose to be a heterosexual, did you?

Nah, I think I'm good.

Upvote 0