✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 6:

8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people.
15 And all who were sitting in the Council stared at him, and they saw his face, which was like the face of an angel.
What did they see?

Acts 7:

1 Now the high priest said, “Are these things so?”
2 And Stephen said, “Listen to me, brothers and fathers!
Stephen was graceful and calm. His listeners stared at him. They were not awestruck; they weren't frightened by his appearance. It wasn't the kind that appeared in Matthew 28:

1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
It wasn't the kind that appeared in Genesis 3:

24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the Garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.
It wasn't the kind that appeared in Isaiah 6:

1 In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim were standing above Him, each having six wings: with two each covered his face, and with two each covered his feet, and with two each flew.
What kind of angelic face did they see?

The verse does not specify the exact type of angel; it is more generic and idiomatic. Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit and grace. His face brightened with a radiance that reflected God's glory. At this point, I'd put more emphasis on the grace aspect and less on the awestruck aspect.

Reactions: Paulus59

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Acts 6:

What did they see?

Acts 7:

Stephen was graceful and calm. His listeners stared at him. They were not awestruck; they weren't frightened by his appearance. It wasn't the kind that appeared in Matthew 28:

It wasn't the kind that appeared in Genesis 3:

It wasn't the kind that appeared in Isaiah 6:

What kind of angelic face did they see?

The verse does not specify the exact type of angel; it is more generic and idiomatic. Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit and grace. His face brightened with a radiance that reflected God's glory. At this point, I'd put more emphasis on the grace aspect and less on the awestruck aspect.
It shone - a bit perhaps like Moses' face when he came down from Sinai

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A bit off-topic, but notice this passage ...

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Jesus is always portrayed as seated at the right hand of the Father.

In this instance, notice He is standing.

• Informative
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟106,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit and grace. His face brightened with a radiance that reflected God's glory.
That's exactly right. I have seen this in some Christians and this happened to me too when I got baptized and was filled with the radiance of God. Also, I remember I was walking through a bus station one night and I saw a young man sitting there waiting for his bus and I could see the radiance of God in his face and went up to him and said: "You're a son of God, aren't you?", he smiled at me and nodded his head.

It's the unveiled face of Christ.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0