The Ten Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ContentInHim

The Bible on my computer won't let me copy and paste anymore without knocking me off CF, but you should find the ten commandments in Leviticus and maybe Deuteronomy. Possibly the end of Exodus as God gave the commandments after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea and came to the foot of Mt. Sinai. If I get a chance, I'll post the exact verses!

Great start for a new Christian, I'd say! :hug:

Upvote 0

oldsage

Veteran
Nov 4, 2005
Pinellas Park, FL
✟1,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As a new christian i would like to start living my life by the teachings of the "ten commandments". I am unfamiliar with the location of these in the bible but have heard of them and think i can recall most off hand.

Anybody have a scriptural reference to help me find them please?:thumbsup:
Exodus chapter 20 is the first time the 10 commandments appear in written form. The next time they appear is in Deuteronomy chapter 5.
Hope this helps.
Chris

Upvote 0

Orion567

Jun 6, 2007
Bullhead City
✟7,731.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is good you want to start living your life as a christian by following the Ten Commandments, but never forget why Jesus died for you. In thought, word and deed we cannot do the commandments and need Jesus Christ and his attonement for our sins. Yes, live a good christian life, but remember good works are only worth it if you are doing them to glorify God, not wanting to receive attonement for doing good. One will never be justified by the works of the Law but through the works of Christ and his attonement. May God bless You continually.

Upvote 0

HBCountry

Jul 29, 2007
KY
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And don't forget what Jesus said:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

DaughterofEve

a.k.a. DoE
Dec 31, 2005
Georgia
Visit site
✟20,427.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
swimfins_23776.gif

Upvote 0

RenaeN

Jun 3, 2007
✟7,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A good Scripture to compliment the Ten Commandments is the Sermon on the Mount which can be found in Matthew 5.

In a most basic sense, Jesus is expanding on the 10 commandments and giving more instruction.

So glad that you are ready to start your life as a Christian, my pm box is always open if you ever need anything!

God Bless,
Renae

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a new christian i would like to start living my life by the teachings of the "ten commandments". I am unfamiliar with the location of these in the bible but have heard of them and think i can recall most off hand.

Anybody have a scriptural reference to help me find them please?:thumbsup:
warning
romans 3:20
gal 2:21
Romans 4:5,13-16
romans 9:31-32; romans 10:1-3
Heb 7:1-28

under law... Man centered matt 22:37-40
under grace ... God centered john 13:34-35

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.