Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mmm....I've tried peach, apricot, strawberry, Black pekoe, Green tea, Valerian and currently French Vanilla flavored black tea :yum: :D So soothing...but kinda hard to get out of the system after hours... :p

They let me start last year drinking it...before I was not able to...and now I can...but I cannot drink any coffee...yet...because it makes you nervous...but there were times when I sneaked and drank some when Mom wasn't around and when I was out at my aunt's! :D

Can someone tell me what Earl Grey tea is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VickiY

Jun 12, 2005
✟5,391.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Republican
Earl Grey is a black tea blend with bergamot oil. Bergamot orange is a citrus fruit originally grown in Northern Italy. The tea does not have an orange flavour, but it is very fragrant. There's a rather excellent article in Wikipedia on the subject...including famous fictional characters whose favourite it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Grey_tea

One of my favourites. :D Hmmm...maybe I should go make some now....The two favourites I have are Twinings Earl Grey, and The Republic of Tea's "Earl Greyer". Bigelow's Earl Grey for some reason doesn't quite do it for me.

OK...I'm convinced...water now boiling for some Twinings Earl Grey!

Upvote 0

VickiY

Jun 12, 2005
✟5,391.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Republican
Have any mystery lovers read Laura Childs "Tea Shop Mysteries"? Wonderful series....Going to make some tea now!

(MarmaladeGirl...I pondered your words on tea, and you can get some very decent tea for the same cost (less, actually), than a 2-liter bottle of coke....as, boxes of tea have at least 20 tea bags that make 20 MUGS (more than 8 oz) of tea...so in the long run, ounce per ounce, tea rules! ) Also, if you have good dollar stores nearby, with a high turnover, you can get some quite decent tea.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.