Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Christian life is the easiest or the hardest thing we will ever attempt. For those who humbly walk in the light and truth of God's word, it is easy. For those who are ruled by logic, self will or by emotion, it is not just hard, it's impossible. After some time on the forum, I realise that many struggle with the Christian life. I trust that the Lord will reveal how He makes it possible to live in victory.

If I had to choose just one book in the Bible to take with me on a long journey, it would be Ephesians. That's where we will look now. First chapter, 15-23

"For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

I prayed the prayer for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation over 40 years ago. It is the greatest blessing we can have. It is spiritual light that shines in our hearts. It reveals to us what we have in Christ. We can wander about a pitch black room trying to find the exit. Having tried it, I can assure you that it's no fun. You bump into things. It's a tense time. Finding the wall is hard enough, then you have to find the door.

How easy it is when the lights come back on! Everything is made clear. God offers us His life so that all that He has made available in Christ is clear to us. Do you need peace? Lord Jesus is our peace. You have a neighbour that you can't love? Lord Jesus loves your neighbour. Let Him love through you. You keep making mistakes and bad choices? Lord Jesus is the Wisdom of God. Ask Him to be your wisdom. And so on.

The power that raised the Lord Jesus from the dead works for us. That is enough to overcome any difficulty.

Please note that our glorious inheritance is in the saints - plural. In order to keep us humble, God may send us to another Christian to receive help. Generally, we receive light as we pray and study God's word.

Please note that the Christian life is not automatic. It's hard work and it takes time. We must start our day with the Lord. Flyers know that they must refuel their aircraft before they take off. Once you're in the air, it's too late! Why is it hard work? All the forces of darkness are terrified of the light. They will do whatever they can to hinder you. How easy is it to watch an hour of TV? How easy is it to spend an hour in prayer? Some have trained themselves to spend much time in prayer and study. Most have to push through that invisible barrier.

Be encouraged. God has provided the perfect salvation, so good that even we cannot muck it up. Let's explore what Lord Jesus has done for us and learn to walk in the light of what He has done.

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Christian life is the easiest or the hardest thing we will ever attempt. For those who humbly walk in the light and truth of God's word, it is easy. For those who are ruled by logic, self will or by emotion, it is not just hard, it's impossible. After some time on the forum, I realise that many struggle with the Christian life. I trust that the Lord will reveal how He makes it possible to live in victory.

If I had to choose just one book in the Bible to take with me on a long journey, it would be Ephesians. That's where we will look now. First chapter, 15-23

"For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

I prayed the prayer for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation over 40 years ago. It is the greatest blessing we can have. It is spiritual light that shines in our hearts. It reveals to us what we have in Christ. We can wander about a pitch black room trying to find the exit. Having tried it, I can assure you that it's no fun. You bump into things. It's a tense time. Finding the wall is hard enough, then you have to find the door.

How easy it is when the lights come back on! Everything is made clear. God offers us His life so that all that He has made available in Christ is clear to us. Do you need peace? Lord Jesus is our peace. You have a neighbour that you can't love? Lord Jesus loves your neighbour. Let Him love through you. You keep making mistakes and bad choices? Lord Jesus is the Wisdom of God. Ask Him to be your wisdom. And so on.

The power that raised the Lord Jesus from the dead works for us. That is enough to overcome any difficulty.

Please note that our glorious inheritance is in the saints - plural. In order to keep us humble, God may send us to another Christian to receive help. Generally, we receive light as we pray and study God's word.

Please note that the Christian life is not automatic. It's hard work and it takes time. We must start our day with the Lord. Flyers know that they must refuel their aircraft before they take off. Once you're in the air, it's too late! Why is it hard work? All the forces of darkness are terrified of the light. They will do whatever they can to hinder you. How easy is it to watch an hour of TV? How easy is it to spend an hour in prayer? Some have trained themselves to spend much time in prayer and study. Most have to push through that invisible barrier.

Be encouraged. God has provided the perfect salvation, so good that even we cannot muck it up. Let's explore what Lord Jesus has done for us and learn to walk in the light of what He has done.
Thank you for this post your right it has helped me see things clearer now I think i am starting to understand what you mean as well i gotta stop looking at me and my actions just look at Jesus and pray for guidance and read his word and he will guide me. Thank you so much for this post im going to read it again and then read some of ephesians tonight.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for this post your right it has helped me see things clearer now I think i am starting to understand what you mean as well i gotta stop looking at me and my actions just look at Jesus and pray for guidance and read his word and he will guide me. Thank you so much for this post im going to read it again and then read some of ephesians tonight.
Good on you. You may need to persist in the struggle for a while, but victory is already yours. Pray specifically for the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. When you get revelation (you will know when you do) write it down and go over it again. It needs to become a part of us. (Colossians 3:16). It took a while, but I started to enjoy the study of the Bible. It's like a mansion full of fascinating treasures. The trick then is to live in the light of the truth you receive.

This may sound a little intimidating. Take it a step at a time. God is patient and knows where we are at. Enjoy your life! When you know that God loves you, life becomes much easier. You are not looking over your shoulder, wondering if God is about to whack you on the head.

Upvote 0

Mokelizer

Jun 26, 2020
Buffalo
✟7,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"If I had to choose just one book in the Bible to take with me on a long journey, it would be Ephesians. That's where we will look now. First chapter, 15-23

Wow that was neat to read, I never really though if I only had one book from the Bible what would I pick.
I wanted to initially say James, because it's so convicting that i've come to love/hate some of the verses.

I would probably have to say Matthew, while Luke is currently more memorable since I studied it last... I think Matthew has the most "length". Though mark is shorter they can still have immeasurable content..

Thanks for posting, God bless you brother and thanks for blessing me this morning!

Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,410,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
7UvJN6G.png

MOD HAT ON

This thread has been moved from Christian Advice to "My Two Cents Worth".

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0