Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
WELCOME TO THE Schmooze Zone

Here's the place for casual chat.

Grab a cup of whatever brew you favor, select from the lovely tray of bagels we have (and look on the side for the Gluten free ones) or order a bowl of Matzo Ball soup our try something from our special fusion menu.

Yes we do have Kung Pao Pastrami!

Talk about whatever, just please keep in mind the Community Rules and the SOP as they apply here also.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here's today's special

upload_2016-3-29_13-43-34.jpeg

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of Delis................................ have you seen the documentary 'Deli Man'?

DeliMan - The Official Movie Site copy

I just watched it recently and found that Deli's across America are disappearing at an alarming rate. They showed a map of the country with Deli's from sea to shining sea and then over the decades how they began to recede, it seemed from the middle out towards the coasts. What used to be a Deli on every corner in Brooklyn is history. It's sad really.

In respect of that why not share your favorite Deli story here?

Ah, writing this now makes me crave some Chopped liver!
7071.jpg
OH YEAH!!

I prefer Chicken over Beef, you?

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark, I'm actually a big fan of beer. Right now I'm into bitter beers- a very Aussie thing- and the more bitter the better. As long as it's chilled. Apparently chilling beer hides a certain aftertaste found in the hops used in Aust beers. Which explains why they are better chilled. English beer doesn't have that same species of hops, hence it is nice at a closer to room temperature. I go through phases- pilseners, draughts...love 'em all.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟842,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Mark, I'm actually a big fan of beer. Right now I'm into bitter beers- a very Aussie thing- and the more bitter the better. As long as it's chilled. Apparently chilling beer hides a certain aftertaste found in the hops used in Aust beers. Which explains why they are better chilled. English beer doesn't have that same species of hops, hence it is nice at a closer to room temperature. I go through phases- pilseners, draughts...love 'em all.
We have a micro-brewery a few short blocks from my house; they brew only ales, and have a whole range; the three main-stays are their Porter, their English Pale Ale, and their IPA. The IPA is a strong beer (7%) with a level of hop that assaults you with bitter and a good dose of citrus. The EPA is lighter in alcohol and less profound in hop, beautiful balance of malt and hop (this is what I currently have on tap at home. Their Porter is not strong in alcohol, but is rich in malt and solid in hops; very high Specific Gravity so lots of calories too. This is my winter beer. I do not like wheat beer; and theirs is no exception.

They treat me well as I was their first non commercial keg customer.

http://www.blackswanbrewing.ca/show/our-beer/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have been dwelling in the land of micro-brews for over 20yrs now PNW. STOUT (chocolate preferred) is my poison of choice. I used to like the bitters when I was younger. Loved a good IPA. Especially good on a hot day. But a good strong stout always gets me going. We were given a starter brew kit recently but haven't had the chance to use it yet. Was considering giving it to the son...but...why? ;)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟842,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have been dwelling in the land of micro-brews for over 20yrs now PNW. STOUT (chocolate preferred) is my poison of choice. I used to like the bitters when I was younger. Loved a good IPA. Especially good on a hot day. But a good strong stout always gets me going. We were given a starter brew kit recently but haven't had the chance to use it yet. Was considering giving it to the son...but...why? ;)
Exactly; why?:oldthumbsup:^_^

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
A goodness...to brew one's own beer! The dream annex to every man-cave.

You guys ever heard of this guy? Michael Jackson, the Beer Hunter. Really well informed and just addictive reading.
Can't say I have. Does he have a diamond studded white glove to drink with? Great webpage idea! I notice he didn't make it to the PNW. Yet, he made it to Albuquerque! oy chilies included! :D

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟842,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Why read about it when one can LIVE it!;)
After living in the PNW for so long I begin to wonder if we are not the center of the beeriverse. Does brewing exist (that really matters) outside of here? I'm not sure anymore......... ;) I mean, I learned about brewing here. We were doing it before it was cool..... haha

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟842,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
After living in the PNW for so long I begin to wonder if we are not the center of the beeriverse. Does brewing exist (that really matters) outside of here? I'm not sure anymore......... ;) I mean, I learned about brewing here. We were doing it before it was cool..... haha

Myself and my ancestors did it before it was cool too; we did it because it was a dietary requirement; there was a brief time when home brewing dropped off because there was good commercial beer; home brewing regained strength with the advent of the Ontario Temperance Act. As it was gradually repealed, good beer making resumed commercially, until the 1970's when marking and merges became the norm. At that point home brewing resumed since everyone's beer tasted the same... except for the Bock that every brewer made during Lent; but the 90's even that quit. Home brewing is now once more on the decline with the advent of good micro-brewing. Presently, they start up faster than the big concerns can buy them up.

Yet, most drink not to taste but to get drunk. The best selling beers in Ontario are brewed here, but are not "Canadian"; Budweiser and Coors. Neither can I drink even a single glass of. In my mind, both could be a reasonable representation of chilled, carbonated urine.

I'm having a Black Swan EPA even as we speak; and it is not.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that history. Sounds about right to me too. When I was stationed in Denver with the AF we used to get drunk up near Bolder and every once in a while would relieve ourselves in the river......that Coors would use for water. Soo.....your more than right!

Stone Brewing Co. made a Chocolate Cherry Stout about 4-5 yrs back. Still can't find anything to taste as good as that. It was a collaboration between brewers, can't remember which. But we bought it up by the case till we couldn't find it any more.

Upvote 0