TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Scripture does not say Paul's thorn was illness. Maybe it was, but it probably wasn't. That's the problem with metaphors, especially in a language that is no longer in use. Whatever it was, it was an exceptional case.
Paul could still have been healed, no matter what the thorn or ailment or thing troubling him was.

Again, in any case, Whose Choice Is It to Heal, Save or Deliver ?

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟290,328.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Paul could still have been healed, no matter what the thorn or ailment or thing troubling him was.

Again, in any case, Whose Choice Is It to Heal, Save or Deliver ?
Does God keep His word? All the time, or just sometimes, or never?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,631.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture does not say Paul's thorn was illness. Maybe it was, but it probably wasn't. That's the problem with metaphors, especially in a language that is no longer in use. Whatever it was, it was an exceptional case.

If Paul's Thorn is not under the atonement he would have it in the next life...

It matters not what the nature of the thorn was.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟290,328.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For now only you and God knows the answer to that.
Obviously you haven't read the posts recently.

Nor answered the questions.
God told us what His choice is. So, unless you hold the position that He can't be trusted He always wants to heal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
God told us what His choice is. So, unless you hold the position that He can't be trusted He always wants to heal.
God Says there are some who if they pray, their prayers He does not hear. He does not listen to everyone's prayers,
nor does He serve those who disobediently claim any of His Promises.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟290,328.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God Says there are some who if they pray, their prayers He does not hear. He does not listen to everyone's prayers,
nor does He serve those who disobediently claim any of His Promises.
Okay, so those in open rebellion, those who don't discern the blood of Jesus, and those who don't believe He is willing to heal them. Am I missing anyone else?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay, so those in open rebellion, those who don't discern the blood of Jesus, and those who don't believe He is willing to heal them. Am I missing anyone else?
Those in Revelation on judgment day , who today believe they are saved, but aren't, yet they claim the promises of God , without pleasing Him, without obeying Him, without honoring Him ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So something I've been pondering and thinking about is healing, the gift of healing, the working of miracles, and why we don't see them as much. Now this is a rather worn out topic, but I hope this discussion will come from a different angle.
When God wants someone to see, he sees....

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟290,328.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those in Revelation on judgment day , who today believe they are saved, but aren't, yet they claim the promises of God , without pleasing Him, without obeying Him, without honoring Him ...

You are talking about
So not an honest Christian, who loves God, or a non-believer who a true Christian is laying hands on.
Okay, so the very hard hearted. Who are not even real believers. It seems to me like you are reaching now.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,966.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You ignored who's work was being done...

"For it is God that is at work in us to will and to do of His good purpose..."

Are you saying God takes control of my body and does the work without me realizing it?

Let's use an example to clarify what you mean, how will your definition here apply to fasting?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,966.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guilt by association and strawman. Do you believe that the God of Abraham is the true God? So did King Saul. See how that works?

I don't see the point in your example.

If you ask me that question, my answer is yes. Should I be offended that King Saul believes the same?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You must not be understanding my position or you are tying it in with something else.

I value a relationship with Jesus, not one with my bible.

I read what His word says all the time, but I don't try to beat the gates of heaven down with my demands or try to accuse Jesus of not acting on His word when I said He was suppose to. I ask Him about things honestly and then listen. What He decides to so is what He decides to do, I have no say in the matter unless He asks for my opinion, of which He has asked me before at times.

I'm not really sure what you were reading out of my statement, but this is how I interact with GOD and will continue to do so.
I was feeling the same thought as jiminpa.
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you perhaps.
Now that I'm back here I can't believe I used to have so many conversations.
Face-to-face is so much easier lol.

Upvote 0