Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This letter says it all:

October 1945 translated from German:

My dearest Mrs. Gerecke!​
Your husband Pastor Gerecke has been taking religious care of the undersigned Lutheran defendants during the Nuremberg Trial. He has been doing so for more than half a year.​
We now have heard, dear Mrs. Gerecke, that you wish to see him back home after his absence of several years. Because we also have wives and children, we understand this wish of yours very well.​
Nevertheless, we are asking you to put off your wish to gather your family around you at home for a little time. Please consider that we cannot miss your husband now. During the past months, he has shown us uncompromising friendliness of such a kind that he has become indispensable for us in an otherwise prejudiced environment, which is filled with cold disdain or hatred.​
Our dear Chaplain Gerecke is necessary for us not only as a minister but also as the thoroughly good man that he is -- surely we need not describe him as such to his own wife.​
We simply have come to love him. In this stage of the trial, it is impossible for any other man than him to break through the walls that have been built up around us, in a spiritual sense even stronger than in a material one. Therefore, please leave him with us. Certainly you will bring this sacrifice and we shall be deeply indebted to you.​
We send our best wishes for you and your family! God be with you.​
Signatures: Freiherr von Neurath​
Fritz Sauckel, (Baldur) von Shirach, E.(Erich) Raeder, (Karl) Donitz, Hermann Goering, Joachim von Ribbentrop, (Wilhelm) Keitel, A.(Alfred) Rosenberg,​
Julius Streicher, Hjalmar Schacht, Walter Funk, (Wilhelm) Frick, (Rudolf) Hess, F. (Franz) von Papen, (Artur) Seyss-Inquart, Dr. Hans Frank, Hans Fritzsche, Ernst Kaltenbrunner, Albert Speer​
I sincerely join into this request even though I am not a member of the evangelical church. This I do with all my heart.​
Rev. Henry Gerecke was a US Chaplain who was involved in the liberation of Dachau where he wrote of 'the walls that bled". While in his diary he spoke of the struggle he had between the absolute hatred he had for these 'monsters of death', and seeing their need for Jesus; he was very effective in reaching them. Leading a number of them to Salvation before they were executed.

What a beautiful example of what forgiveness will do.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its written love is of God and those that love are of God. Had a experence with love ohhhh that I will never ever forget anyway..

My point is I believe forgiveness is the same. We can only go so far yet He if we truly wish to forgive He steps in and does it all. For me He has already forgiven me of all my sins :)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me forgiving someone who has wronged me provides a great release of darkness and torment.
Just let it go. They wronged you... do not let the hurt continue to captivate you. Just let it go.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At a service, a prophetic word was spoken to a woman privately. If you forgive the surgeon who caused your condition, I'll heal you. After taking a few minutes, she returned to the front reporting that God had healed her immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0