the new pope

Status
Not open for further replies.

HclldmSwt

Feb 21, 2005
✟141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have tried to follow the news as much as possible, and understand all of the events surrounding the new pope being decided. And though I have to admit that I do not know much about the catholic faith, I heard something tonight that made me start thinking.

Someone said something to the effects of "Isn't it interesting that this is the last pope ever. Which is sad, but that means that Jesus is coming back"
Now, I know bits and pieces of the book of Relvelations. And while I know it is soooo important, I also have tried to live my life worshipping God, and not trying to predict when the end times are coming. However, has there been something that is the reason why people are thinking this? And are there changes or something that are signifying something that I have been missing? It just seems like a *really* big thing for me to miss, especially when I am not ignorant fool or anything.

What have I missed (if anything)? And what are everybody else's views on this?

Any help?

theotherguy

Sep 21, 2004
✟15,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
St Malachy predicted that from the time of his writing the prohecy there would be 112 popes, with the last being the antichist (or false prophet, I forget). Currently we're number 111. The prohecy has been born out many times, as it proved a describtion of each pope in the list and has been proved right again and again. Some feel though that it isn't to be trusted as it is outside the Bible.

Upvote 0

cm24

Mar 23, 2005
Saskatchewan
✟325.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually there are only 111 Popes. The last was added by the Order of Benedict because they said the last Pope would come from their order. Guess they didn't need to add that one. If there are more popes, it will only mean that for reasons unknown to us, God Gave Malachy the vision to see and accuratly list a bunch of popes. But, I guess it might worry me a little more if I wasn't saved by the Grace of God.

Upvote 0

ConCo

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
✟274.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well, I don't think Pope Benedict XVI is the last pope. We are not going to be able to figure GOD out, or HIS timings. I do however feel that we have entered the end times. I think we need to spend more time telling people about JESUS, and warning them that the Kingdom of GOD is at hand as John the Baptist did over 2,000 years ago. We are to pray for the pope as well as others in high places, and find ways to lead people to CHRIST.

Upvote 0
J

Jamza

People shouldn't make such specific predictions, it will be embarressing now if there's lots more Pope!:) I feel sorry for the next guy! Can you imagine? 'Hi, we've elected you because we think you're most suitable for the job. By the way, you are aware this is the antichrist position you've applied for here? Good luck in your evil deeds and I hope Jesus comes to stop you soon!' The poor guy! Then eventually he'll pass away and they'll get another one, and he'll be sitting in heaven like 'oh thanks guys! Really nice of you!'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael5084

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2005
South, U. S. A
✟10,817.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ConCo said:
Well, I don't think Pope Benedict XVI is the last pope. We are not going to be able to figure GOD out, or HIS timings. I do however feel that we have entered the end times. I think we need to spend more time telling people about JESUS, and warning them that the Kingdom of GOD is at hand as John the Baptist did over 2,000 years ago. We are to pray for the pope as well as others in high places, and find ways to lead people to CHRIST.

I agree. Amen:amen: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Jamza said:
People shouldn't make such specific predictions, it will be embarressing now if there's lots more Pope!:) I feel sorry for the next guy! Can you imagine? 'Hi, we've elected you because we think you're most suitable for the job. By the way, you are aware this is the antichrist position you've applied for here? Good luck in your evil deeds and I hope Jesus comes to stop you soon!' The poor guy! Then eventually he'll pass away and they'll get another one, and he'll be sitting in heaven like 'oh thanks guys! Really nice of you!'

## Precisely because that "prediction" about the number of Popes is so definite, it's as certain as anything can be in this world that there will be more to come :)

We cannot be better informed than Jesus - and if He did not know when the end would be, certainly no lesser beings will ;) ##

Upvote 0

afrancis777

Mar 28, 2005
Russells Point
✟15,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
theotherguy said:
St Malachy predicted that from the time of his writing the prohecy there would be 112 popes, with the last being the antichist

There are some people who think that the papacy (or the office of the pope) itself is the beast in Revelation we commonly call "Antichrist". It's not to say that the RCC is Evil, but rather it has a place in Prophacy. After all it has been ruling for hundreds of years....it's not hard to believe that it would be mentioned in prophacy.

These are sites that have video teachings. Very Interesting teachings that use only the Bible and Historical evidence.
http://www.amazingfacts.org/resources/video/MPVideo/mp13.asx
http://www.amazingfacts.org/resources/video/MPVideo/mp14.asx

Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
afrancis777 said:
There are some people who think that the papacy (or the office of the pope) itself is the beast in Revelation we commonly call "Antichrist". It's not to say that the RCC is Evil, but rather it has a place in Prophacy. After all it has been ruling for hundreds of years....it's not hard to believe that it would be mentioned in prophacy.

These are sites that have video teachings. Very Interesting teachings that use only the Bible and Historical evidence.

## [links omitted in deference to pesky rules]

SDA, eh :) ?

FWIW, the Japanese Royal Family has been around as long as the Papacy - perhaps a bit longer.

And the Samaritans have been around for about 25 centuries - they even have a High Priest. ##

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.