VioletLady

Keep what ya got...by giving it all away
Jan 4, 2007
London
✟10,340.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have just returned from a holiday in the Isle of Wight. Last Sunday, I decided to take a walk to the church of St Mary in Brading. I have had a cold and lost my voice, and I accidentally sat in the regular seat of one of the church wardens - but there was no problem at all. He came up and warmly shook my hand.

Although they knew I had lost my voice, the people of Brading were so very kind, warm and welcoming. They just hugged me and made me feel special. They even had a laugh and a joke with me - whispering, as I was!

I just wanted to share that, the love and kindness I encountered was so moving, and I came away from the service feeling wholly accepted - as the Lord would want. :thumbsup:

God bless,

Love and hugs, V. L. xxxx

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have just returned from a holiday in the Isle of Wight. Last Sunday, I decided to take a walk to the church of St Mary in Brading. I have had a cold and lost my voice, and I accidentally sat in the regular seat of one of the church wardens - but there was no problem at all. He came up and warmly shook my hand.

Although they knew I had lost my voice, the people of Brading were so very kind, warm and welcoming. They just hugged me and made me feel special. They even had a laugh and a joke with me - whispering, as I was!

I just wanted to share that, the love and kindness I encountered was so moving, and I came away from the service feeling wholly accepted - as the Lord would want. :thumbsup:

God bless,

Love and hugs, V. L. xxxx
How lovely! Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.