Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the Pro-Choice vs. Pro-Life debate, the allegory in the Biblical story of David and Goliath offers some context. And this deeper layer of understanding should not be ignored.

This narrative is not just a battle of strength versus weakness but also a testament to the power of faith. The Pro-Choice movement is like Goliath in its strength and influence. The Pro-Life movement is akin to David. And it is called to maintain a profound faith in its cause, much like David’s faith in God when he confronted Goliath.

The Pro-Life Movement and the Faith of David

The story of David and Goliath is one of faith triumphing over seemingly insurmountable odds. In 1 Samuel 17:45-46, David declares to Goliath, “You come against me with sword and spear and scimitar, but I come against you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have insulted. Today the LORD shall deliver you into my hand; I will strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will feed your dead body and the dead bodies of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field; thus the whole land shall learn that Israel has a God.”

This powerful declaration exemplifies the essence of the Pro-Life stance. It shows a deep, unwavering faith in a higher moral law and the sanctity of life as ordained by God.

A Societal Pro-Life Conversion

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: DJWhalen

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Pro-Choice vs. Pro-Life debate, the allegory in the Biblical story of David and Goliath offers some context. And this deeper layer of understanding should not be ignored.

This narrative is not just a battle of strength versus weakness but also a testament to the power of faith. The Pro-Choice movement is like Goliath in its strength and influence. The Pro-Life movement is akin to David. And it is called to maintain a profound faith in its cause, much like David’s faith in God when he confronted Goliath.

The Pro-Life Movement and the Faith of David

The story of David and Goliath is one of faith triumphing over seemingly insurmountable odds. In 1 Samuel 17:45-46, David declares to Goliath, “You come against me with sword and spear and scimitar, but I come against you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have insulted. Today the LORD shall deliver you into my hand; I will strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will feed your dead body and the dead bodies of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field; thus the whole land shall learn that Israel has a God.”

This powerful declaration exemplifies the essence of the Pro-Life stance. It shows a deep, unwavering faith in a higher moral law and the sanctity of life as ordained by God.

A Societal Pro-Life Conversion

Continued below.
I am pro-life also, unless both the mother and child are at severe risk, where an abortion could prevent two people from dying, and only one death would occur.

But, for those who do not have 15 minutes to spare to read the article, here is a short summary:

The article by Dennis Dillon, titled "In the Pro-Choice vs. Pro-Life Debate, the Allegory of David and Goliath Offers Insight," published April 3, 2023, draws a parallel between the Biblical story of David and Goliath and the ongoing pro-choice vs. pro-life debate over abortion. The author argues that the Pro-Life movement, which he sees as representing the underdog David, should maintain a profound faith in its cause and believe in the possibility of a societal conversion that recognizes and respects the inherent value of every human life.

The author emphasizes that the primary question in the abortion debate is whether the unborn are considered human. He asserts that this question is crucial because it has significant moral implications, and if the unborn are deemed human, then abortion becomes a matter of taking an innocent life.

To encourage pro-choice individuals to reflect on this question and consider the fundamental aspects that define human life and its value, Dillon poses three rhetorical questions:

1. If it's growing, isn't it alive?
2. If it has human parents, isn't it human?
3. Human beings like you and me are valuable, aren't we?

Although there are counterarguments regarding women's rights and bodily autonomy, the author argues that these arguments should not overshadow the fundamental question of the humanity of the unborn. He believes that being human is a binary state, and if an unborn entity is human, then the value of human life becomes paramount.

The article also touches upon various dimensions of the abortion debate, including philosophical, ethical, and scientific considerations. In each dimension, the author explores the significance of human life and its inception, highlighting the importance of acknowledging the complexity of this contentious issue.

Despite the Democratic Party's stance on abortion rights and their efforts to codify these issues in each state, the author remains optimistic that there is potential for a societal conversion towards valuing human life. He encourages pro-lifers to continue their work in preserving the lives of unborn children and to maintain a deep faith in their cause.

Upvote 0