Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think that having a grasp of the religion of Jesus when he was alive and the events and backgrounds to his life can only help us understand the new testament, it certainly cannot hinder it.

I recommend, Jesus the Jewish Theologian by Brad Young, or Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus as excellent starting blocks.

Christianity has for a long time painted Judaism as a religion of 'works' and used boogey-men and straw man arguments for far too long. This in turn has mis-informed our understanding of the gospels.

Positively times are changing.

Steve

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi bro, but the grafting is the same place, one body, through the Gospel, not Judaism, and it'a all about pre circumcision with Abraham, and it says heirs, and promise, clear Abrahamic references. Earlier in chapter 2, it was about our Spiritual temple that we are both in, after the abolishment of Jewish law in 2:15, so the flow of ephesians leads to the body, the one new man, a spiritual temple, and the Gospel, not israel. But yes, great when jewish people come into the body of Christ.:thumbsup:

Eph 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
There azre many that believe Sunday is a day of Gods but it is abundantly clear that Saturday is the Sabbeth but yet much of the church goes against the bible in this and you can get into a good discussion just by bringing it up. Just because the church teaches something does not make it so, just like the feasts. You can call them Jewish but it is clear in the Leviticus passage that these are the Lords feasts and that we will keep four of them forever. You can accept it or not but it does not change what God said.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There azre many that believe Sunday is a day of Gods but it is abundantly clear that Saturday is the Sabbeth but yet much of the church goes against the bible in this and you can get into a good discussion just by bringing it up. Just because the church teaches something does not make it so, just like the feasts. You can call them Jewish but it is clear in the Leviticus passage that these are the Lords feasts and that we will keep four of them forever. You can accept it or not but it does not change what God said.

:amen:

Very well said!

:)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

here are some verses that show that the feasts, and the law were not for gentiles, but for Israel. By the way, can I eat shrimp, lobster, pork, crab, catfish? They were forbidden foods, can I eat them?

The gentiles were not dealt with, they do not know his rules, they were for???

Psalm 147:19 He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and rules to Israel.20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation; (gentiles mine) they do not know his rules.
Praise the LORD!

2 Chronicles 2:4 Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the LORD my God and dedicate it to him for the burning of incense of sweet spices before him, and for the regular arrangement of the showbread, and for burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths and the new moons and the appointed feasts of the LORD our God, as ordained forever for Israel.

Passover of the Gentiles, or Jews?

John 2:13
The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

John 6:4
Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was at hand.

John 11:55
Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and many went up from the country to Jerusalem before the Passover to purify themselves

Exodus 12:48
When a stranger sojourning with you wishes to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

1 Cor 9:21 To those outside the law (gentiles mine) I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Rom 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law (gentiles mine)will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Acts 14:16 In past generations he allowed all the nations to walk in their own ways.

Acts 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Romans 9:4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Agree - that's the way I read it - Feasts of The Lord to be kept forever and The Sabbath. I'm past being concerned if another believer considers it legalism.

Am i to be stoned if i work on it? The guy in numbers was. If we are going to keep Sabbath, lets do it correctly. Notice it says Israel, that is not the church. Could you please give me something in NT theology that binds the church to the Sabbath? Please read Col 2:16. Thanks, frog.

Numbers 15:32 While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand your point. You can say the same thing about the topic of Christianity, or indeed any religion.

yep, and the rapture, it's timing, and all that is widely disputed, yes, like much of Christianity. pre trib, post trib, mid trib, is it on a feast day, etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree - that's the way I read it - Feasts of The Lord to be kept forever and The Sabbath. I'm past being concerned if another believer considers it legalism.

It is true the scripture specifies both Jew and Gentile will keep the Feast of Booths during the time of the earthly kingdom. An example they are feasts of the Lord for all His people, and not of the Jews exclusively.

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.
Zech 14:16-19​

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think that having a grasp of the religion of Jesus when he was alive and the events and backgrounds to his life can only help us understand the new testament, it certainly cannot hinder it.

I recommend, Jesus the Jewish Theologian by Brad Young, or Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus as excellent starting blocks.

Christianity has for a long time painted Judaism as a religion of 'works' and used boogey-men and straw man arguments for far too long. This in turn has mis-informed our understanding of the gospels.

Positively times are changing.

Steve

well...i mean really, Jesus knew he was a stumbling block, to those who wanted to come in by works, and it was about the Jewish people, and paul and peter agree, as they quote the stumbling block, cornerstone verse that Jesus did, not to mention more from Paul, to whom Jesus chose to teach about the gospel of grace.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is true the scripture specifies both Jew and Gentile will keep the Feast of Booths during the time of the earthly kingdom. An example they are feasts of the Lord for all His people, and not of the Jews exclusively.

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths.
Zech 14:16-19​

punishment subjugation?....it is right there in your quote. Heck, paul should have not bothered fighting those imposing Judaism, they could have just said, the law will be imposed again, and the same with hebrews, where the temple stuff was being argued against, the shadows are over.:)

Does the whole planet have to go to Jerusalem one day, not to be punished?:D

Luv ya...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
paul appeared to have his feet well and truly in both camps...

he lived like a gentile when it suited his purposes.
he lived like a jew when it suited his purposes.

he kept the feasts when it suited his purposes.
he didn't keep the feasts when it suited his purposes.

he kept kosher when it suited his purposes.
he did not keep kosher when it suited his purposes.

he continued with the temple's sacrifices when it suited his purposes.
he did not keep the temple's sacrifices when it suited his purposes.

your Paul Frogster sounds like a really trustworthy type.

I am glad my understanding of Paul is different. Mine is at the very least consistent.

Steve

p.s. Paul at the very end of his life stated quite plainly and under oath that he had kept the commandments, even the traditions until the time of his death. For some this is a cause of grave cognitive disssonance.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
punishment subjugation?....it is right there in your quote. Heck, paul should have not bothered fighting those imposing Judaism, they could have just said, the law will be imposed again, and the same with hebrews, where the temple stuff was being argued against, the shadows are over.:)

Does the whole planet have to go to Jerusalem one day, not to be punished?:D

Luv ya...

Zechariah wrote it. Not me.

Since this is what will happen, and Paul's arguments were also correct, then both are true. If your current understanding of both causes conflict, then you have a bit of confusion there that needs to be worked out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
paul appeared to have his feet well and truly in both camps...

he lived like a gentile when it suited his purposes.
he lived like a jew when it suited his purposes.

he kept the feasts when it suited his purposes.
he didn't keep the feasts when it suited his purposes.

he kept kosher when it suited his purposes.
he did not keep kosher when it suited his purposes.

he continued with the temple's sacrifices when it suited his purposes.
he did not keep the temple's sacrifices when it suited his purposes.

your Paul Frogster sounds like a really trustworthy type.

I am glad my understanding of Paul is different. Mine is at the very least consistent.

Steve

p.s. Paul at the very end of his life stated quite plainly and under oath that he had kept the commandments, even the traditions until the time of his death. For some this is a cause of grave cognitive disssonance.

tell what bro, this is a post I posted in the GT section, to another person, who was not into Paul, anti paul, whatever...look at all the support from Peter, James, and mostly Luke, please read it, and then tell me of Luke does not trump your mini attack here, on a man that was beaten more times for the gospel, than you or I could bear..;)

Under oath there, was for the single temple event, he did not break rules then bringing a greek into the temple, and as a practicing jew, kept the law, we know that, and he believed the prophets, as he stressed the resurrection, yes, Paul was not commiting adultery or stealing, we know that..but read all this..

Read this, and tell me if Luke does not witness Paul. Luke records Peter and James saying not to burden the church with the yoke of law in Acts 15, same as how Paul referred to the law and it being a yoke.

Peter called Paul scripture in 2 Peter 3:16.

So when Luke says the Holy Spirit in Acts 13, sent out Paul, along with the prophets sending him, that does not support Paul?

When Luke says Paul was a chosen instrument, as spoken by the Lord in acts 9:15, repeated in Acts 26, that does not support Paul?

When Luke records Ananias a disciple going to Paul in Acts 9, that does not witness Paul.

A Jewish prophet named Silas, started churches with Paul. There is a good one!

When the demons in acts 19, recognized the same Spirit in Paul, as Jesus, that does not support Paul?

When the very respected Barnabas, the man of faith in Acts 4 and 11, went to get Paul, that does not support Paul?

When Luke records Jesus in acts 18, 22, 23, telling Paul to keep going, without any correction TO HIS MESSAGE, that does not WITNESS Paul?

When an angel in acts 27 supports Paul, that does not witness Paul?

When Torah knowing Aquila and Priscilla travel with Paul, that does not confirm Paul?

When the council in acts 15 agreed with Paul, and his gospel, as per recorded in Galatians 2, that does not WITNESS Paul? They also called him “our beloved brother Paul”, who risked his life for the Lord, and Peter talked about his beloved brother Paul again, who was given wisdom, obviously from God in 2 peter 3.

When Torah knowing Timothy travels with Paul, along with Luke himself, that does not support Paul?

Do the miracles recorded by Luke, Acts 19:11 etc, saying GOD did miracles through Paul, testify about Paul?

The churches of Judea, praised God, because of Paul, Galatians 1:24,

When Luke says THE WORD OF THE LORD, was spread by Paul in Acts 19, that does not witness Paul?

Acts 14:3 at Iconium, Luke says God was testifying to the grace Paul preached, that saved Jew and Greek. The Gospel of grace, that of Acts 20:24.

In Acts 19:6, Luke records that after Paul placed his hands on some disciples, they received the Holy Spirit, spoke in tongues, and prophecied. Good witness there too…

Acts 16, God sent an earthquake to free Paul, pretty good testimony there too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Zechariah wrote it. Not me.

Since this is what will happen, and Paul's arguments were also correct, then both are true. If your current understanding of both causes conflict, then you have a bit of confusion there that needs to be worked out.

simple, we have later revelation, the bible says grace, and the gospel were hidden, until it manifested, at the proper time, and the fathers had limited info, eph 3, rom 16, 2 tim 1, etc so you may want to align with NT theology, not old..

read this in the New English Bible, to get the full gist..it does a better job than the KJV below.

KJV1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,

Hidden, but now revealed, same now as Rom 3:21..hidden, untiL now...so it shows we have expanded new revelation.

Eph 3:5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
here are some verses that show that the feasts, and the law were not for gentiles, but for Israel. By the way, can I eat shrimp, lobster, pork, crab, catfish? They were forbidden foods, can I eat them?

The gentiles were not dealt with, they do not know his rules, they were for???

Psalm 147:19 He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and rules to Israel.20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation; (gentiles mine) they do not know his rules.
Praise the LORD!

2 Chronicles 2:4 Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the LORD my God and dedicate it to him for the burning of incense of sweet spices before him, and for the regular arrangement of the showbread, and for burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths and the new moons and the appointed feasts of the LORD our God, as ordained forever for Israel.

Passover of the Gentiles, or Jews?

John 2:13
The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

John 6:4
Now the Passover, the feast of the Jews, was at hand.

John 11:55
Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and many went up from the country to Jerusalem before the Passover to purify themselves

Exodus 12:48
When a stranger sojourning with you wishes to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

1 Cor 9:21 To those outside the law (gentiles mine) I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Rom 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law (gentiles mine)will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Acts 14:16 In past generations he allowed all the nations to walk in their own ways.

Acts 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Romans 9:4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises.
If you are outside the law then you are not saved as Jesus said that those who love Him will obey Him and He kept all if these and also sais that He came to fulfill the Law, not do away with it. It also says that we are grafted intoi the vine so if you claim to be a stranger or a gentile or iuncircumcised then you are not part of the Lord as it says we are circumsized in the heart.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
simple, we have later revelation, the bible says grace, and the gospel were hidden, until it manifested, at the proper time, and the fathers had limited info, eph 3, rom 16, 2 tim 1, etc so you may want to align with NT theology, not old..

Later revelation doesn't imply conflicting revelation. Both exist in harmony with each other and always will.

Upvote 0