Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
That's what I've come to realize after he just attacked me and tried stealing my faith again this morning. When before I believed that I was so weak in faith and the devil continued filling my mind with doubts, rubbing my sin in my face, and now telling me that I could leave Jesus anytime that I wanted to (to which I told him that I don't want to and I'm helpless without him) I realized that I must be saved and have stronger faith than I thought,.. otherwise why he wouldn't be picking on me so much and trying to get me to lose it.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe that's true at all. Not that you might not be stronger than you previously realized, but on the nature and motives of our enemy himself.

How strong is any human being on their own, relative to the devil?

Is the devil malicious? Yes or no. If he is malicious, why would he not attack a weak person just because he can?

He may need to prioritize his targets, and he likely is delegating responsibility to demons who in turn need to prioritize their targets, but how can we know that we are not targets? If one humble person can have a ripple effect of positivity, so can that person have a ripple effect of negativity.

And he will change tactics on us as we grow stronger. He is very sly and very good at what he does. If he can't bully us because we believe we are weak, he will trick us into thinking we are stronger than we are to trap us.

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Short answer here...if satan attacked Jesus (and we know that he did) then he will also attack Jesus' followers. Count on it!

He will entice the week to see if he can win them. It's the strong that are satan's match, and more!
Iron sharpens iron.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I can also sort of identify with this song because Jesus to me equals freedom because I'm free of death and He set me free,.. so I've been singing this song to the devil as "he's in my way and he better watch out." :D (Along with you can't take me I'm free!! :D)

Upvote 0