up there
✟312,421.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is more "comfortable" than the Bible .
It's not meant to teach scripture. Scripture spoken is not altered. It is a guesstimate about the life and times of the day and the people involved and how being taught a new way affected them. It is a pity most Christians through the ages never accepted the fact we must change, preferring to demand allegiance to a tribal religion instead. The whole point of His teachings was to show all of us that we are backwards by nature. With Jesus' teachings came a turnaround in His followers which the show conveys nicely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can’t wait for season 4.
So you don’t care about how the show teaches Mormonism? Mormonism is moronic. They believe in spiritual underwear. They show’s production is owed to Mormons. The director thinks they are Christians.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟29,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Chosen is about the Chosen and not Jesus. What Jesus said in scripture has not been changed to suit some plot. His followers were not halo wearing saints so there should be no issue in portraying them as just as fallible as the rest of us. It has put a human face to the whole era, something churches have never been able to do in an attempt to guard their business model by separating God from the people using themselves as a wedge, rather than bringing us all together as Jesus did.
I'll just throw this out: As I read the new testament I seem to be able to throw a human fact on them without the need for a fictional TV show about them. But I may have a vivid imagination. I've said for decades that I think a couple of those guys started to follow Jesus because they thought he was the next new "Amway" and they wanted to start at ground level. But they learned from Him and acquired wisdom.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,421.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've said for decades that I think a couple of those guys started to follow Jesus because they thought he was the next new "Amway" and they wanted to start at ground level. But they learned from Him and acquired wisdom.
Quite possible considering a coming messiah was all the rage at the time. Today is the same as people look for a messiah to quell the middle east, except this will be an antichrist.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GaryAnderson

Aug 6, 2021
Massachusetts
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you don’t care about how the show teaches Mormonism? Mormonism is moronic. They believe in spiritual underwear. They show’s production is owed to Mormons. The director thinks they are Christians.
Nope, i don't care about that at all.

Upvote 0

GaryAnderson

Aug 6, 2021
Massachusetts
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Plus. There is this.

Still excited for season 4?
Very excited. Another user here said that in about 2 months hopefully, season 4 will be available. Can't wait. :heartdecoration:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope, i don't care about that at all.
So you don’t care about the truth of God’s Word or the Bible? Do you believe Mormonism is a false way? Even some atheists like the Chosen. That should tell you something.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very excited. Another user here said that in about 2 months hopefully, season 4 will be available. Can't wait. :heartdecoration:
So then, what reason do you think God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? What particular sins do we see when we read about this story involving Lot? What possible sins would have been grievous enough for fire to come down from Heaven to destroy those cities?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes somebody is reaching them whereas others too full of themselves would never connect with non-believers.
It would be reaching them with heretical teachings. Mormonism is taught on the show. That is not the way. Mormonism is false.

Upvote 0

GaryAnderson

Aug 6, 2021
Massachusetts
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you don’t care about the truth of God’s Word or the Bible? Do you believe Mormonism is a false way? Even some atheists like the Chosen. That should tell you something.
Nope, don’t care about that at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GaryAnderson

Aug 6, 2021
Massachusetts
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So then, what reason do you think God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? What particular sins do we see when we read about this story involving Lot? What possible sins would have been grievous enough for fire to come down from Heaven to destroy those cities?
Umm I’m not sure what you’re smoking and what this has to do with the movie, but this movie series is great.
Can’t wait for season 4.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟631,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Apparently the Mormon connection involves this dialog:

Sanhedrin: “Jesus, if you do not renounce your words, we will have no choice but to follow the law of Moses,”

Jesus: "I am the Law of Moses"

Which is a line or resembles a line from the book of mormon.

Could just be a coincidence. Could be the scriptwriter Googled "Jesus quotes" and that was in the mix. Could be the scriptwriter is a Mormon, or a former Mormon.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,421.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Therefore, the confusion caused by somthing false like this
ANYTHING that gets people aware of or thinking about God is good, even if it is not as you wish it to be. I saw a sign recently along the highway that had more people of all mindsets thinking about God than any church ever has. It simply said God. Beat that.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Umm I’m not sure what you’re smoking and what this has to do with the movie, but this movie series is great.
Can’t wait for season 4.
I am talking about the Bible. Surely that has nothing to do with smoking. Either you did not read the article or you are a part of the liberal and ecumenical movement of Christianity that does not have a problem with Mormonism, and or the agenda that is being pushed in schools, movies, library readings, etcetera.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,206,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope, don’t care about that at all.
Mormons are not considered Christians on this forum. There is a reason for that. Why would you watch a show tainted by Mormonism? Would you fellowship with Mormons and call them your brothers?

Upvote 0