• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stung by my sin

RustyDusty

Jan 11, 2015
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If servants of the Lord are reading this, I just want to say thank you for taking time to help the people in these forums. Years ago I had nowhere to turn and so I took my anxieties to a good forum and got help.

I am writing because I have longed to preach God's Word and serve the Lord. Leadership in most of the local churches is poor and it has driven me to want to be involved in helping to straighten out some of the stupidity and the destructive practices in our churches. Or at least one church. I love evangelism. I love discipleship. I love listening to sermons. I love preaching myself when I can. I love the Word.
But... I was disrespectful to a pastor of mine. I apologized and repented and all that, but I am so ashamed of myself for rebelling against authority. I will not go into much detail because it is not important, but I may have hurt my testimony enough to keep me from ever being able to seek the positions in the church where I could teach or preach and help lead the Churches of our day out of darkness. I am young, unmarried, and all I really care about is doing the Lord's work, but I don't know if can live on for my dreams. Moses did not get to go into the promised lands because of his burst of anger, and David didn't get to build the temple because of the blood he shed. I am afraid I fall in that category. I just feel damaged and my sin has left a sting in my heart that lingers. I have been lacking motivation and zeal which were very strong in the past. I don't know what the Lord would have me do but I just feel useless and disabled and it bothers me tht I don't even know if I can still be used in the capacity I always longed for since I became a Christian. I regret having sinned against the Lord. I know he has forgiven me, but I still feel the sting of my actions.
If you have a word or a thought to shar, I welcome it.
-Rusty

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Adventurer for my King
Oct 24, 2011
Nelson New Zealand
✟8,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Rusty Dusty,
You sound like you are '...stewing in your own juice...' and suffering away.
I cannot offer much but to share that you are Ok by God.

I hate people saying to me '..time heals many wounds...' but it is true. As our Lord sorts things out he will touch all folk involved.

This may sound odd but I am smiling away going '...is that Rusty is worried about....'. In other words what you describe is a social human nature issue. Which we all fail at, at times. Am praying for you.

Please keep your enthusiasm and let our God train you up as he wants......... He will not let you down...

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟73,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God can and will still use you. That seed planted in you that is the desire to do his will was planted by the Lord. You may fall short at times but he will allow it to grow. Take this experience and learn from and let it teach to be zealous but thoughtful about your actions. Jesus himself preached about forgiveness and mercy so any true Christian will forgive you also. I am praying for your path, God bless you!

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a calling, I was a pastor's wife. I figured I can never do something for God again now. Why not? He needs everyone in the harvest. Check out the last reformation from Thorben Sondergaard. I believe God is now raising up the normal believers, the whole Body, not just a few.

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
✟15,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would such a small, repented sin disqualify you? It is not like you burned Saints at the stake for fun on a weekend whim. Sin IS bad, but God and his grace is much, much greater. If you feel damaged, seek healing and restoration (though by what means I will leave for you to search for). Don't settle for the lie that this is where it ends for you and your dreams. By the way, Jesus restores from within--something Moses and David did not have access to like you do, a born-again believer!

Upvote 0