Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a fan of both, but I perceive that Star Wars fans overall appear to be more mature than Star Trek fans.

Star Wars fans much more readily accept other stories and characters that are merely within the established Star Wars universe. Almost no Star Wars fans insist on merely continuing the Skywalker Saga or that other stories must hew closely to the Starwalker Saga.

A huge proportion of Star Trek fans want nothing but TNG and stories exactly like TNG.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Star Trek. Its more pacifistic.

In Star Wars, the rebels behave like terrorists on a murder row, its unwatchable, mainly the new movies. Killing soldiers without warning in dozens while the poor imperial forces cannot shoot anything with their poor aim.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to love Star Wars. Played all the video games. Read all the books. Loved all the movies.

Disney turned me away from it for good. And I’m done w/ it. Don’t care for it anymore. Even if something 'good' comes from it. I don't even care to revisit all the older good stuff. I've just moved on from the franchise.

I want to try to get into Star Trek someday. I used to watch The Next Generation on Spike even tho I was too young & had no idea what was happening.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to love Star Wars. Played all the video games. Read all the books. Loved all the movies.

But did you watch the animations? Some of the very best Star Wars stories are in the animated shows. With the exception of "Obi-Wan Kenobe," the live action series have been pretty good as well.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But did you watch the animations? Some of the very best Star Wars stories are in the animated shows. With the exception of "Obi-Wan Kenobe," the live action series have been pretty good as well.

I did not like TCW or Rebels, no. Have seen TCW multiple times (watch it w/ my family who likes it) There were some good episodes, others were terrible. Very hit or miss. Overall didn’t like the show. I know a lot of the fandom loves it, I do not. Rebels first few seasons bad, got better as it went along. Only seen it once.

I haven’t seen any of the live action shows. I’m curious about The Mandalorian & Book of Boba Fett. Kenobi sounds terrible. I don't like the idea of Obi-Wan & Vader fighting in between the movies. New Cassian show no interest at all.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do I have to make a choice between one or the other? I like both.

I liked both, but the current producers are massively incompetent.

• Agree
Reactions: Yaaten
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did not like TCW or Rebels, no. Have seen TCW multiple times (watch it w/ my family who likes it) There were some good episodes, others were terrible. Very hit or miss. Overall didn’t like the show. I know a lot of the fandom loves it, I do not. Rebels first few seasons bad, got better as it went along. Only seen it once.

I haven’t seen any of the live action shows. I’m curious about The Mandalorian & Book of Boba Fett. Kenobi sounds terrible. I don't like the idea of Obi-Wan & Vader fighting in between the movies. New Cassian show no interest at all.
So I gave in & am half-way thru The Mandalorian Season 1. It's okay. There's definitely good moments, but it does seem dumbed down as well.

He himself is really cool & makes me want to be a Mandalorian bounty hunter! Baby Yoda lives up to the hype & steals all the scenes he’s in. It’s nice seeing Star Wars w/ real people again. The 1st few episodes are really really good. The middle few I wasn’t impressed w/ & were rehashes of episodes of The Clone Wars show. ‘Train a village to protect against invaders’, ‘a prison break w/ a squad of other bounty hunters’, ugh, seen this before.

So I have mixed feelings on this. It reminds me a lot of The Clone Wars & Rebels show which as I said I overall didn't care for. It is Disney-fied. But there's really good parts too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andor is very, very good. The writing is top-notch. The character building and world building is terrific. The dialog is awesome.

It does move slowly in terms of action, and that seemed dicey as episodes were dribbled out weekly. But the way it should be watched is as a series of three-part movies. Each three episodes should be watched as though a single movie, and then it all works.

Although the series is titled "Andor," the episodes are more about how a rebellion coalesces and then comes to its deflection point than about Andor himself. Who knew Mon Mothma had such a tensely compelling story to be told? Who knew the Empire was so scary, and what made it scary was not stuff like the Death Star, but smart and dedicated "little people" doing their jobs effectively?

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Andor is very, very good. The writing is top-notch. The character building and world building is terrific. The dialog is awesome.

It does move slowly in terms of action, and that seemed dicey as episodes were dribbled out weekly. But the way it should be watched is as a series of three-part movies. Each three episodes should be watched as though a single movie, and then it all works.

Although the series is titled "Andor," the episodes are more about how a rebellion coalesces and then comes to its deflection point than about Andor himself. Who knew Mon Mothma had such a tensely compelling story to be told? Who knew the Empire was so scary, and what made it scary was not stuff like the Death Star, but smart and dedicated "little people" doing their jobs effectively?
I have added Andor in series I'm interested in. So: Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Andor. Keeping expectations low.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have added Andor in series I'm interested in. So: Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Andor. Keeping expectations low.
Andor is far superior to Book of Boba Fett, which was mostly pretty lackluster and very often dumb. The Mandalorian first season was entertaining for its time, but I'd rewatch Andor before I'd rewatch Mandalorian.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Andor is far superior to Book of Boba Fett, which was mostly pretty lackluster and very often dumb. The Mandalorian first season was entertaining for its time, but I'd rewatch Andor before I'd rewatch Mandalorian.
Yes, I hear Boba Fett show isn't very good but I'm still curious.
It seems like SW in general is lackluster at best now :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes Andor was brilliant. I particularly enjoyed the dystopian sequence on Narkina 5, which felt like it referenced some of the better moments from THX 1138.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I hear Boba Fett show isn't very good but I'm still curious.
It seems like SW in general is lackluster at best now :(
Andor is brilliant.

Some people complain, "It's not Star Wars because there are no Jedi or Force or light sabers." But it's a Star Wars universe story with brilliant writing and brilliant characters.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,490,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Andor was brilliant. I particularly enjoyed the dystopian sequence on Narkina 5, which felt like it referenced some of the better moments from THX 1138.
Yes, that did bring back the THX imagery. I don't know if they did that deliberately in honor of Lucas or not.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, that did bring back the THX imagery. I don't know if they did that deliberately in honor of Lucas or not.
My understanding is that it was partially an homage since production started in 2021, which was the 50th anniversary of the release of 1138 Prefix THX. Of course, let us not forget the the dialogue similarity: for greater enjoyment and increased efficiency, production has been standardized. We will have immediate facility compliance or random floor applications will begin.

Also, the dialogue on Narkina 5 was reminscent of Star Tours, the original version of it, at Disneyland, specifically the malfunctioning droids in Sector 2.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Andor is brilliant.

Some people complain, "It's not Star Wars because there are no Jedi or Force or light sabers." But it's a Star Wars universe story with brilliant writing and brilliant characters.
Exactly, and a lot of Star Wars expanded universe stories were of that nature.

Upvote 0