WI
✟144,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Living in Edmonton, it's unavoidable. But yes, the Oilers are doing well and good coaching seems to be covering more than a few of our weaknesses.

How about you? Who you rooting for?
Sorry, I had to. Found this meme on the internet, cos of the Stanley thermos fad, which I stay away from. :) I care more for the small teams, not major cups or awards. I like the Madison Capitals of the USHL, an amateur league.

Meme below (cleaned version)

1715917909663.png

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Living in Edmonton, it's unavoidable. But yes, the Oilers are doing well and good coaching seems to be covering more than a few of our weaknesses.

How about you? Who you rooting for?
If my home team falls (as they have--the Hurricanes) then I will switch to rooting for a Canadian team--it's your game, after all.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟377,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If my home team falls (as they have--the Hurricanes) then I will switch to rooting for a Canadian team--it's your game, after all.
Nice! I am now worried. It's funny, I can't handle the stress of it. I can only basically watch the first period now.

When I saw EVERYONE was favouring Edmonton over Vancouver, I got REALLY scared....turns out, with good reason.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟156,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since the Penguins fell short this season, I'll root for the underdogs. Rangers took care of the Panthers, that was a good series. I'm hoping Florida will eliminate Boston. I like Auston Matthews and wanted the Leafs to beat the Bruins. My main desire is to actually watch playoff hockey, the NHL has alienated many fans by showing all the games on cable TV. That is a growing trend in sports. I haven't seen the past two or three college playoffs due to their broadcasts being restricted to cable TV. I think it's refreshing to see (read about lol) some teams from Canada having success in the playoffs this year. Oilers sadly fell down 3 games to 2 with a devastating loss in the last 30 seconds against the Canucks. That will be difficult to overcome, but definitely not impossible. I love playoff hockey. That's when watching hockey on TV is worthwhile. I must admit that puck is harder to follow though as I get older haha.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0