Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday I took 2 Spiritual Gift Tests. This test was very interesting, since I've felt a calling for ministry (I think a Biblical Professor). Here are my Results. (I'm listing the top 5 gifts for each test.)

Test A:
1st: Exhortation
2nd: Miracles
3rd: Pastor/Shepherd
4th: Teaching
5th: Discernment

Test B:
1st: Exhortation 35/35
2nd: Teaching 34/35
3rd: Pastor/Shepherd 31/35
4th: Faith 31/35
5th: Mercy 30/35

Any thoughts? :D

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you hear a friend has lost their job, what is your immediate response? Encourage, contribute financially, buy some groceries, want to teach them how to prepare for their next job, etc. Sometimes the response to this question helps point out the area we're to serve.

Looking over the lists, they're very similar. Are you thinking that pastor should have #1?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Any thoughts? :D
If you really really had the indwelling Holy Spirit in you (in accordance with scripture) then you would
not be wasting your effort with such nonsense.

One cannot be tested as to what spiritual gifts one has or as to what one is better at.
The Spirit-filled Church has full access to the nine [9] gifts of the Holy Spirit which are distributed to the saints
as needed for the edifying and proper functioning of a true body of worshippers.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another diverse kinds of tongues;
to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Corinthians 12:7-13
These 9 gifts operate in a true Pentecostal Church and 6 of them are readily given to saints outside of meetings for the upholding
of our testimonies to the truth of the gospel: miracles, wisdom, knowledge, healing, faith, discernment.
I have access to all of these at various times in my walk and especially when witnessing to other people.

There are also nine [9] qualities that make up the fruit of the Holy Spirit. One does not pick and choose which segments are
more desirable than others. You either walk in the Spirit and display the fruit thereof for all to see, or you do not.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:22-26

Upvote 0

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you really really had the indwelling Holy Spirit in you (in accordance with scripture) then you would

That is a strong accusation. If I have these gifts that are not from the Holy Spirit, then where did they come from. The Devil? As Jesus said in Mark 3:25 "And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand." If what I said was in error, then that would mean I would have to be perfect, which is impossible... for all have fallen short of the glory of God.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
If I have these gifts that are not from the Holy Spirit, then where did they come from.
The scriptures are clear and precise. There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and there are 9 qualities that make up the fruit of
the Spirit. Stick to the scriptures and you hopefully won't go wrong, and be led astray.
Go back to my initial post and measure yourself against the Word of God.

The Spirit-filled Christian is in the body of Christ (the NT Church) and Jesus is the head of the Church, we are merely servants.
Those who are led by the Spirit can grow into the various ministries apportioned for the good functioning of the body of Christ:

And he [Jesus] gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
for the perfecting of the saints, unto the work of ministering, unto the building up of the body of Christ:
till we all attain unto the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a full grown man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
that we may be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,
in craftiness, after the wiles of error;
but speaking truth in love, may grow up in all things into him, which is the head, even Christ;
Ephesians 4:11-15

Now ye are the body of Christ, and severally members thereof.
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings,
helps, governments, diverse kinds of tongues.
1Corinthians 12:27-28

For am I now persuading men, or God? or am I seeking to please men? if I were still pleasing men,
I should not be a servant of Christ.
For I make known to you, brethren, as touching the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not after man.
For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 1:10-12
True worshippers are led by the Holy Spirit and through the administration of the 9 gifts in the Church grow in knowledge and
wisdom of the Word and righteousness - and then are led by Christ to fulfil the ministries that support the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
2nd: Miracles
How do you undertake a "test" in respect to what spiritual gifts you supposedly have?
Either you can and do perform miracles through the power of the Holy Spirit (in the name of Jesus) or you don't.
The truth is in whether or not Jesus and the Holy Spirit work through you for the working of miracles.
Results speak for themselves.

When I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and spoke in a new tongue [as Jesus declared I would] I immediately enjoyed many
miracles both for myself and in praying for others. I can lay hands on people and pray for their healing there and then.
The working of miracles is available to all the saints in our fellowship, not just some. Everybody can pray for a miracle,
for a healing. And while many are delivered at the prayer line conducted by the elders of the Church at our meetings,
(James 5:14-16) every single Spirit-filled saint can experience the working of miracles for themselves.

He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieves shall be condemned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe: in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick,
and they shall recover. -
every true believer shall be able to do this.
Mark 16:16-18

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
"I saw those scriptures and read them, and I believed. I got baptised by full immersion and received the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues. Since then I had been happy and blessed by God. My life is now filled with joy and peace. God has done many miracles for me."
Ame Nyeadeh Zee from Liberia, Africa ... click to read more of her testimony

http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/Pacific Islands & Africa -Testimonies & Articles/Confused, empty life - now joy and peace - Ame Nyeadeh Zee - Liberia, Africa.pdf

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What concerns me is that when we respond to posters often we don't know how old they are - biologically nor spiritually.

"IF you really really had the indwelling Holy Spirit..." Why use such a demeaning approach?

Then let's the ...BUT I...

Since you look at Scripture, here's a few:
"... those of us who teach will be judged by a stricter standard." James 1:3
"Let no evil talk come out of your mouth, but only what is useful for building up, as the need arises, that it may benefit those who hear." Eph 4:29
"making every effort to preserve the unity of the Spirit by the bond of peace." Eph 4:3
"So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding." Rom 14:19
"Love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing honor" Rom 12:10
(Mounce Reverse Interlinear)

Some scriptures that encourage us to pursue peace and honor others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

One cannot be tested as to what spiritual gifts one has or as to what one is better at.
The Spirit-filled Church has full access to the nine [9] gifts of the Holy Spirit which are distributed to the saints
as needed for the edifying and proper functioning of a true body of worshippers.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another diverse kinds of tongues;
to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Corinthians 12:7-13
These 9 gifts operate in a true Pentecostal Church and 6 of them are readily given to saints outside of meetings for the upholding
of our testimonies to the truth of the gospel: miracles, wisdom, knowledge, healing, faith, discernment.
I have access to all of these at various times in my walk and especially when witnessing to other people.

There are also nine [9] qualities that make up the fruit of the Holy Spirit. One does not pick and choose which segments are
more desirable than others. You either walk in the Spirit and display the fruit thereof for all to see, or you do not.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:22-26

There are many assumptions of my spiritual life here. I absolutely know I have some of these gifts, which I didn't pick. Such as pastoring, exhorting, discernment, but not all believers have these gifts. Strong Christians even pastors have told me that I have the fruit of the Spirit.

James 3:1 "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness."

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Strong Christians even pastors have told me that I have the fruit of the Spirit.
You should know this for yourself.
When we walk in the Spirit; that is taking the scriptures into our heart and praying in the Spirit daily -
then we are moulded as wet clay by the potter to become useful servants.
The fruit of the Spirit is the product of the indwelling Holy Spirit that purges the flesh and recreates a new person in Christ.

Also take note: pastoring and exhorting are not gifts, but ministries in a church. see Post # 7

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also
quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans 8:11-14

Are you praying in the Holy Spirit - are you praying in that wonderful spiritual language that our Father gives to each person
who believes the gospel and is filled with his Spirit?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
There are many assumptions of my spiritual life here.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches;
comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1 Corinthians 2:13

All things can be measured against the truth of the scriptures.
I quote scriptures to show to you what being Spirit-filled is according to the Word of God. And supply two testimonies to this.
But, you do not reply yes that applies to me. I have the same gospel as Jesus stated in Mark 16, nor
do you claim to have the same gospel as written in Acts.
You do not claim to speak in tongues, that is to pray in the Holy Spirit.

You just get defensive and give a verse about teachers being judged by higher standard.
Discernment is a gift. The wisdom and knowledge by the Holy Spirit to compare all claims against the truth of the
Word of God.

Jesus set the standard as to know a believer of the gospel - And these signs shall follow them that believe.
The book of Acts and the epistles confirm this. The Christian Church is a Spirit-filled Church with signs, wonders and
miracles in abundance. Water baptism by full immersion and Holy Spirit baptism, with the Bible evidence of speaking
[praying] in new tongue.

What is your testimony of being converted when you were born anew by water and the Spirit?
Tell us of your working of miracles, and laying on of hands for healings.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Look, Christ has ordained me to be a minister for Him. I have gone through tribulation, discipline. I have even been baptized (full immersion) in water. I have done no healings, I don't speak in tongues, I don't have word of knowledge or word of wisdom, and struggle with evangelism. But the Lord has used me to minister to others, through preaching.

The scriptures are clear on these matters.

“For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another
prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭12:8-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬

I'm not saying a person will only receive one spirtual gift. But this verse illustrates my point.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The pattern usually is:
1- demeaning remarks
2- ...BUT I...
3- refuses to accept anything stated to them.

So Gabe7587, I wish you wouldn't even bother to answer his taunts. BUT it's entirely left up to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The pattern usually is:
1- demeaning remarks
2- ...BUT I...
3- refuses to accept anything stated to them.

So Gabe7587, I wish you wouldn't even bother to answer his taunts. BUT it's entirely left up to you.

Sorry, I just get so fired up. :(

• Prayers
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I just get so fired up. :(

I'm Spirit-filled and have many of the 9 gifts of the Spirit, but I didn't have any of these when I was your age. But I DID have your zeal. Just keep growing in the Lord, and especially the fruit of the Spirit, which are more important than the gifts. Be open. Do not become a denominationalist. Keep praying that the Holy Spirit will teach you HIS meaning of verses, not any denomination's interpretation, especially cessationism. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

And discern that some have the "gift" of discouragement. Ignore them.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟50,706.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My pastor had me take the spiritual gift test two years ago to see where I could be useful at serving. I thought it was helpful cause it helped me understand why I was drawn to do some of the things I am doing. This was the result of my test, the top five.

1) Faith 35/35
2) Pastoring 35/35
3) Giving 33/35
4) Knowledge 32/35
5) Wisdom 31/35

I didn't score very well on the Gift of Evangelism which didn't surprise because I'm just not a natural when it comes to talking to stranger about Jesus for the first time. :(

• Prayers
Upvote 0