Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
DH and I are going to be going vegan for a month (july) to see how we do and if the benefits are worth it to us. Hopefully it becomes a life long thing, for me at least. We are doing this mainly for health reasons, but the ethical reasons definitely are an added bonus. Does anyone have any tips for us? I'm really excited about it and wish we could start now, but we still need to wait a couple of weeks.

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It went wonderfully. So wonderfully in fact that we're sticking with it permanently. :thumbsup:

We got the food thing down and now we're working on switching to vegan health and beauty products. I love it and think it was one of the best things I ever did. DH is fully on board with it too and he was mainly doing that month for moral support :p

Upvote 0
May 25, 2012
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
awesome! i am a low-fat raw vegan and i was going to say that eating lots of fruit is what helps me! as for health and beauty, i went no-poo for 3 years but always felt self-conscious about my hair looking greasy. nowadays i am using j.r. liggett's- it is a bar shampoo, very natural, keeps the natural oils in your hair but gets out the other grease and stuff. i love it because finally my hair looks normal. i use baking soda to brush my teeth and try to use my natural deodorant only when leaving the house. most of the time, if i am eating my low-fat raw vegan diet, i just smell fruity, unless i stray from my diet. :)

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It went wonderfully. So wonderfully in fact that we're sticking with it permanently. :thumbsup:

We got the food thing down and now we're working on switching to vegan health and beauty products. I love it and think it was one of the best things I ever did. DH is fully on board with it too and he was mainly doing that month for moral support :p

If you want to be a health and beauty product minimalist, I highly recommend two things 1) Dr. Bronner's 18 in 1 castile soap. I think Dr. Bronner's lip balm is their only product that isn't vegan (it contains beeswax), but none of their soaps are tested on animals. 2) a salt crystal deodorant. Seriously, it works.

If you wear makeup, E.L.F. is the most affordable vegan makeup line. I don't wear makeup anymore, but when I did, I loved E.L.F. It's not the super best quality, but the stuff is fun and most things are between $1-$5. I bought online, but I think I read somewhere that they sell the products at Target now.

Upvote 0