So I was reading about Demons...

Johaneriksson

Sep 9, 2012
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I accidentally started to watch "JINN" series in YouTube. Now Jinn is more an Islamic mythology but I HAVE a great feeling that this isn't unfamiliar in Christianity.

Can someone try to tell me what Jinn/Demons are in Christianity? Should we believe in such livings?

Now this is the video if you are interested to watch it youtube.com/watch?v=O7ztXFVSjIw .

Dec 28, 2012
Northern Ireland
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I Believe That Angels And Demons Are Around Us Everyday. Demons Are The Angels Who Were Cast Out Of Heaven With Satan. They Roam The Earth, Wreaking Havoc And Messing With People's Minds And Bodies. This Is Why God Sent Angels To Earth. There Is A Constant Third Realm Battle Going On Between Angels And Demons For Our Souls. Demons Are Spirits Who Can Possess The Body Of An Unbeliever. They Can Attack A Believers Faith And Body. Eg. I Believe That Sickness Is A Spirit Of Infirmaty And Can Be Cast Out In Jesus Name By Anointing Of Oil And Prayer, Therefore Healing The Sick. I Teach My Kids About Angels And Demons And Refer To The Flintones!! Lol!! The Little Angel On One Side And The Little Devil On The Other Side!! It Is Important To Always Be Aware Of Them And Decide Who You Will Choose To Follow. If You Are A Christian And Allow Demons To Allow Sin Into Your Mind Or Actions, You Are Opening A Portal Which Will Allow Them To Wreak Even More Havoc. As A New Christian, And Not Really Understanding, I Went To A Chakra Healing Session. I Suffered From Severe Depression And Suicidal Thoughts And Voices For Weeks After. I Believe That I Had Opened A Portal And Was Under Demonic Attack.. I Then Had To Get Anointed With Oil And Healing For Me To Return To My Normal State. My View Is That Demons Are Extremely Dangerous And That We Need To 'put Our Armor On' Each Day And Stay In Gods Grace To Protect Us From Them.

Upvote 0

4EVERH15

Oct 23, 2012
Georgia
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Jinn are demon like beings in Islamic belief. The faith of Islam is Babylonian in origin, and is NOT to be trusted. The Bible is the highest authority.

I saw ancient symbols of witchcraft in that video, and exorcisms are witchcraft as well, developed by Solomon when he backslid into witchcraft. Only the power, the Word, and the name of Christ is powerful enough to combat evil.

Lucifer rules the world just as the Bible says. With his demonic government and his Illuminati (human satanic hierarchy). I recommend Fritz Springmeier's "Ezekial 6:3" a short book about spiritual warfare that can be found free as a PDF online (He wants people to download it, whether or not they purchase it). Although, Satan's power is nothing compared to the strength and glory of God.

God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFxezTwid6k&list=FLDen11l5ezCiFmMAVDZMSAQ&index=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johaneriksson

Sep 9, 2012
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Believe That Angels And Demons Are Around Us Everyday. Demons Are The Angels Who Were Cast Out Of Heaven With Satan. They Roam The Earth, Wreaking Havoc And Messing With People's Minds And Bodies. This Is Why God Sent Angels To Earth. There Is A Constant Third Realm Battle Going On Between Angels And Demons For Our Souls. Demons Are Spirits Who Can Possess The Body Of An Unbeliever. They Can Attack A Believers Faith And Body. Eg. I Believe That Sickness Is A Spirit Of Infirmaty And Can Be Cast Out In Jesus Name By Anointing Of Oil And Prayer, Therefore Healing The Sick. I Teach My Kids About Angels And Demons And Refer To The Flintones!! Lol!! The Little Angel On One Side And The Little Devil On The Other Side!! It Is Important To Always Be Aware Of Them And Decide Who You Will Choose To Follow. If You Are A Christian And Allow Demons To Allow Sin Into Your Mind Or Actions, You Are Opening A Portal Which Will Allow Them To Wreak Even More Havoc. As A New Christian, And Not Really Understanding, I Went To A Chakra Healing Session. I Suffered From Severe Depression And Suicidal Thoughts And Voices For Weeks After. I Believe That I Had Opened A Portal And Was Under Demonic Attack.. I Then Had To Get Anointed With Oil And Healing For Me To Return To My Normal State. My View Is That Demons Are Extremely Dangerous And That We Need To 'put Our Armor On' Each Day And Stay In Gods Grace To Protect Us From Them.

The Jinn are demon like beings in Islamic belief. The faith of Islam is Babylonian in origin, and is NOT to be trusted. The Bible is the highest authority.

I saw ancient symbols of witchcraft in that video, and exorcisms are witchcraft as well, developed by Solomon when he backslid into witchcraft. Only the power, the Word, and the name of Christ is powerful enough to combat evil.

Lucifer rules the world just as the Bible says. With his demonic government and his Illuminati (human satanic hierarchy). I recommend Fritz Springmeier's "Ezekial 6:3" a short book about spiritual warfare that can be found free as a PDF online (He wants people to download it, whether or not they purchase it). Although, Satan's power is nothing compared to the strength and glory of God.

God bless.

World System and the Illuminati (Fritz Springmeier) - YouTube

Oh Daddy, that was some nice info there. I won't be doing any practical stuff but I will read on about this til I know enough about it because its so interesting.

And "4EVERH15", what do you mean by "The faith of Islam is Babylonian in origin, and is NOT to be trusted.", I mean yeah I believe in the Bible but why can't they be like us? They believe in the same God and all that...?

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I Believe That Angels And Demons Are Around Us Everyday."

True statement we're constantly surrounded by spiritual beings, both Godly, and demonic.

"Demons Are The Angels Who Were Cast Out Of Heaven With Satan."

Probably NOT - "demons" demonstrate characteristics that would be incompatible with Angelic beings - like the desire to inhabit a Human Host.

"They (the demons) Roam The Earth, Wreaking Havoc And Messing With People's Minds And Bodies."

True Statement.

"Demons Are Spirits Who Can Possess The Body Of An Unbeliever."

The Biblical term is "Daemonizomai" - to be under the power/influence of a demon.

"They Can Attack A Believers Faith And Body."

True - they HAVE access to your MIND, and can influence you.

"I Believe That Sickness Is A Spirit Of Infirmaty And Can Be Cast Out In Jesus Name By Anointing Of Oil And Prayer, Therefore Healing The Sick"

Sometimes it Is, and sometimes it's just physical sickness. There is healing in the Atonement AND Deliverance too. Jesus knew which ministry was required for each situation.

"My View Is That Demons Are Extremely Dangerous And That We Need To 'put Our Armor On' Each Day And Stay In Gods Grace To Protect Us From Them."

True statement. The Demonic is NOT to be feared, but to be met in Faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tallen

Aug 4, 2006
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟8,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"Demons Are The Angels Who Were Cast Out Of Heaven With Satan."

Probably NOT - "demons" demonstrate characteristics that would be incompatible with Angelic beings - like the desire to inhabit a Human Host.

I agree Bob, they are probably not fallen angelic beings. I have found through my studies, and I am not dogmatic about this, that they are probably the Nephilim. You can find these beings mentioned in Genesis 6. They were hybrids of humanity and the elohim mentioned in scripture. They produced what scripture calls "giants". I think the spirits of these Nephilim had no place to go when they died, so they roam about trying to find new bodied to possess. We know that they can 1) possess human bodies because they already have, and 2) that they were particularly nasty beings bent on war and conquering other men and peoples. I believe they will be judged at Messiah's coming and sent to their punishment. I am reminded of the time Yahshua sent these spirits into pigs (a revelation of the nature of pigs and why they are unclean animals). The complained that they were being judged before their time.

Something to think about. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I Believe That Angels And Demons Are Around Us Everyday. Demons Are The Angels Who Were Cast Out Of Heaven With Satan.

Sorry but that is doctrine spread by Augustine into Christianity but doesn't conform to scripture.

Demons are just 'evil spirits'. The fallen angels according to Jude and 2 Pet 2 are all imprisoned until judgement. There was no rebellion in heaven. 1/3 of the angels never fell. That is taken from an event in Revelation which is a future event during the tribulation and doesn't apply to Yah's holy angels. The 1/3 of the 'stars of heaven' are what the old testament calls the 'host of heaven' that are part of the pagan pantheons of the sun god, moon goddess, the planets, constellations and signs of the Zodiac, ie the 'host of heaven/sky'.

Here is an example:
2Ki 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.

You need to stop using works like Paradise Lost as a basis for doctrine. The primary principalities are the spirits of the Nephilim, the giants and mighty men of Gen 6 that are angelic/human hybrids for example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alexfl05

Jan 5, 2013
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You need to stop using works like Paradise Lost as a basis for doctrine. The primary principalities are the spirits of the Nephilim, the giants and mighty men of Gen 6 that are angelic/human hybrids for example.

What's bad about Paradise Lost?

Acts 26:28,
"Then they can turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, and receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are made holy by faith in me."

So you believe that Satan gets his power from evil spirits, but they're not angels? So God created Earth with evil spirits roaming it?

It makes sense that 1/3 of the angels fell and they're working against God to make more people follow Satan (knowingly or unknowingly).

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Acts 26:28,
"Then they can turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, and receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are made holy by faith in me."

So you believe that Satan gets his power from evil spirits, but they're not angels? So God created Earth with evil spirits roaming it?

It makes sense that 1/3 of the angels fell and they're working against God to make more people follow Satan (knowingly or unknowingly).

It makes sense there there are lots of spirits that work for the enemy. Why does it make sense that they are angels?

No Yah didn't create the world with evil spirits influencing the world. Those spirits didn't exist at that time.

Only a few angels fell into error. They were imprisoned for that error but that error was having children which was against Yah's commands. Those children lived and died. Those are the spirits that make up the demonic realm. They are the ones that were born in direct disobedience against the laws of Yah.

They are the tares sown in the field as the 'seed of Satan'. It is the 'seed of the serpent' that is in conflict with Yeshua.

The ancient paganism was the worship of those beings and heavily into dealing with the spirits of the dead and witchcraft. That paganism was the worship of those fallen angels and their offspring as well as ancestor worship. Many of the Canaanites were descent from those beings. They had a corrupted bloodline and the reason Yah ordered their total extermination and forbad intermarrying with them.

Augustine opposed the idea that the 'Ben Elohyim' of Gen 6 were angels. He passed off the doctrine they were sons of Seth and turned that passage into the cross of the lines of Cain and Seth. He also suppressed the Book of Enoch that contradicted that position. They also tried to reject Jude from the canon because of the references in it. The Israelites of those days did NOT subscribe to those doctrines. They KNEW who the enemy was. Why do you think the Pharisees equated Baalzebub, the name of a Philistine god with the enemy? Both Peter and Jude make references to the understanding as presented in the book of Enoch.

The RCC idolized and sainted Augustine and pushed his doctrines. Those doctrines were standardized and even carried on after the reformation into the protestant denominations. Paradise Lost rooted those doctrines into the common perception so people interpret scripture with that preconceived bias instead of studying the topic themselves.

Now the witchcraft I was in conflict against was conducted via one of the old testament goddesses of witchcraft. Her high priestess knew exactly what her 'goddess' was. She was a daughter of one of the four angels bound at the Euphrates. Those angel were bound at Babel. It was there that the worship of the false gods was started.

As a result of that conflict and the things I learned during it, I have spent many years researching to confirm or deny those things. My conflict against that high priestess occurred from 1985-88 so I have had many years to research the topic to add on top of my 1st hand experience. I even had to go back to bible college to learn Hebrew to better understand scripture.

There are hundreds of biblical references to support my understanding while the commonly pushed doctrine twists a few passages out of context and ignores all the other passages due to a lack of understanding.

For example, HaSatan does not work alone. He is just the head of an unholy trinity. The Canaanites worshiped those 3 individuals as Baal, Molech and Ashtoreth. I was in conflict with the high priestess of the 2nd ranked principality of hell. She was the harlot of Babel, the 'queen of heaven/sky' at the tower of Babel, the daughter of an angel, the mother of Nimrod.

It was the 4 angels bound at the Euphrates that caused the post-flood Nephilim corruption. The pre-flood Watchers that took wives and the 4 angels post flood that fell into error do NOT make up 1/3 of the angels of Yah. So only 200 fell pre-flood and 4 post flood.

Lucifer isn't a fallen angel. He is the son of one. He was the ancient pagan sun god at Babel. Lucifer isn't even his name. Lucifer is a latin translation of a title of the sun god. It means 'shinging one' and is equivalent to Pheobus in the Greek. He is also 'ben Shachar', 'son of the Morning'. Shachar was the name of a Canaanite deity and is reference in Job 38 as the one assigned by Yah to 'shake the wicked from the skirts of the earth'. He was the one that led the 'sons of god' in song at the laying of the foundations of the earth.

Isa 14 is about casting down the 'shameful king' of Babel, his death, his descent into hell while all the previous rulers of hell say 'Is this the man .. ' People cherry pick out 3 verses, take them out of context and build doctrines on it.

Eze 28 contains 3 prophecies. People pick the 2nd one and equate it to Satan. The 3 prophecies are to the 3 primary deities of the Phoenicians, Baal, Molech and Ashtoreth. Molech's title in Tire/Tyrus was Melqart, ie 'king of the city'.

The prophets were constantly battling against that ancient paganism and its corruption being spread into the land. That was the problem through out the entire old testament. Even Revelation gives the name of the 'king of the abyss' as Apollyon ('the destroyer') in the Greek. Lucifer is just the spirit of the dead Greek god Pheobus Apollo who was called many other names by other people groups. The language got split at Babel so each people group used a different name for the same individuals.

Satan isn't even a name. It is a title of the prosecutor in the divine counsel. It just means 'the accusing one'. Ever wonder why Yah hasn't punished Satan yet? His time of judgement hasn't arrived yet. He was created by birth so is classified a 'man' by birth and will stand judgement at the appointed time of the judgement of all mankind.

You have to understand the ancient paganism presented in the bible to understand the enemy realm. That paganism was riddled in witchcraft which is about the control of spirits by worshiping the high level spirits.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paradise Lost is a fable that has rooted false doctrine into the common perception as truth.

The church follows fables instead of scripture. They interpret scripture based on that fable which leads to faulty conclusions.

The enemy wants people to think they are more powerful then they really are. It is one of the great lies. We as Christians have authority over the spiritual realm of the enemy. We generally lack the understand how to use that authority.

The coven I was up against didn't believe a Christian had greater power and authority over the spiritual realm then they did. They learned the error of their ways. Most ended up repenting when they had their own witchcraft and curses rebound against them. Most repented in prison. Those that didn't even when they saw the power and reality of Yah's authority and refused to repent, well they died in prison.

My conflict against them was during my time in the military. I had to teach the other christians on base how to counter their witchcraft. The coven tried so hard to destroy me they crossed the lines of legality. They sabotaged a military aircraft in an attempt to get at my wife and were convicted of treason. Some of them got sentenced to 85 years in prison. They were behind a daterape drug distribution ring in the military trying to get as many women as possible raped and corrupted.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It would be wise not to let other religions "sow" into your heart. There is nothing about Islam that aligns with Christianity. It twists everything the Bible says. You can be certain that any book that says that Jesus didn't actually raise from the dead is full of deception.

Devils, whether or not you receive the belief that they were once angels, live in the spirit realm. They are the spawn of Satan where all lies flow from. You can no doubt confidently lean to the idea of them being fallen angels, because fallen men go to judgment and do not walk this earth, even in the spirit realm. You cannot typically see them, but they will try to afflict you. Jesus dealt with them effectively.

If you do not know the answers to these questions already, you would do well to use an online Bible and go through the NT, and copy and paste scriptures together concerning devils, spiritual warfare, and who Jesus and the church are, and their position of victory, and study them. Ask God for understanding.

Realize that anyone doing warfare must understand their enemy. This is not to obsess about them, but we must use the weapons afforded us to combat them and to kick them out of our lives.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I was listening to Ana Mendez talk about counterfeit spirituality. Obvious common sense if someone tried to pay you in American currency and the bill was orange, it would not resemble true currency and it would be easily rejected.

If the bill looked and felt like real money, you might take it. When the enemy works through religions like Islam, keep in mind that they (the enemy) uses a similitude of Biblical doctrine, but they depart from the inspired Word of God.

That's why it's important not to be too curious about what these people believe. Seducing spirits do just that. They make something look fascinating and having qualities that are fascinating to look at. If you're under the "spell" of a seducing spirit, you might be swayed by what you're hearing. We're to walk closely to the Lord in order not to be deceived. Even the angels were deceived, so we don't want to own anything that is a cursed object (like counterfeit scripture), or anything that might let the enemy into your "city".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, deception is only useful to a point. If we truly want God, and we get deceived by false spirits or false doctrine, it's usually only a matter of time before God comes and rescues us from the hand of the enemy and we are set on the right path again.

The real problems arise when God is not what we truly want. Satan can tempt us with our innermost desires, which we then are derailed from our pursuit of God because there is something else we want more than Him.

This is why the first commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart... That is the foundation to a walk with Him, and without it we cannot expect to stay on track.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It's good if He gets you back on track. You have to really seek Him. It's easy to see looking at the forum that many people stayed deceived in certain areas for years. I'm sure we're all deceived in certain areas, and God is getting the good news to us, when we're open.
The real problems arise when God is not what we truly want. Satan can tempt us with our innermost desires, which we then are derailed from our pursuit of God because there is something else we want more than Him.
I did want to point out here though that when we think we want something else besides Him, that IS deception. We saw the treasure in the field and the pearl of great price. If you really partake of Him we know that absolutely nothing compares to His goodness within us. We can get our eyes of of this and forget this. It's kind of like not knowing you're hungry. You're "OK", and then you get around the garlic bread and lo! You're famished! You didn't even know it. When you get wind of the presence of God, nothing else compares. When you taste of the good Word of god, nothing else compares.

When you taste the power of God, everything else seems like dung by comparison. It's only the deception that "makes" us forget and then we take up idols as a replacement. That's really what they are. So your prescription to love God with all that you are is the best answer for deception, because love wants to get you out of any ditch we might get ourselves into. We should pray that we'll be open to having our doctrine revised at times and to know what truth really is and see things how He really sees.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree Bob, they are probably not fallen angelic beings. I have found through my studies, and I am not dogmatic about this, that they are probably the Nephilim.

The version that Derek Prince taught was that they were the disembodied spirits of persons from PRE-Adamic creation(s). Prince was a "Gap Theoryist" pretty much along the lines as taught in the old SBC (The Tohu/Bohu thing).

But HEY - One theory's as good as another. I wouldn't get adamant about any of it, since I see it as all HIGHLY speculative.

The only thing that's for sure is that they're out there, and they DO "mess with us".

Upvote 0

Alexfl05

Jan 5, 2013
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did want to point out here though that when we think we want something else besides Him, that IS deception.

I have been decieved by shooting games and lustful porn and wanted to fall in love with God this year but its actually getting harder and harder. I see the Truth, I know the Truth, but its like I'm too weak to get up and start moving towards the Truth. Why can't I just simply use my strength? Can you all please pray for me?

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I have been decieved by shooting games and lustful porn and wanted to fall in love with God this year but its actually getting harder and harder. I see the Truth, I know the Truth, but its like I'm too weak to get up and start moving towards the Truth. Why can't I just simply use my strength? Can you all please pray for me?

There have been many times that I have come to God and said: "Lord, I don't really want you. But I want to want you. Could you please change my desires?"

And He has!!! :clap:

Upvote 0